Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:18 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Illegal alien should be a slur - just like embezzler, con artist, and so on should be slurs. An illegal is someone who has no respect for USA laws and does not understand the need for fair, legal, and balanced immigration laws. They make a choice to break whatever laws get in their way and there's no reason to praise them.
Isn't this a rather broad conclusion? Sure, illegal aliens broke immigration laws. But other than that many are law abiding citizens, for the most part. They are generally people who came across our border to take on low paying, difficult jobs. In many instances they may respect every single one of our U.S. laws except for our immigration laws. It's not like they all go out robbing people and holding up liquor stores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
Isn't this a rather broad conclusion? Sure, illegal aliens broke immigration laws. But other than that many are law abiding citizens, for the most part. They are generally people who came across our border to take on low paying, difficult jobs. In many instances they may respect every single one of our U.S. laws except for our immigration laws. It's not like they all go out robbing people and holding up liquor stores.
Since they all broke our immigration laws that makes them illegally here in our country therefore they are illegal aliens. They have no right to take any jobs in this country and the employers have no right to hire them. This isn't a gray area it is in black and white according to our laws and no excuses justify it. For the most part most are working under fake I.D.'s so that is the second one of our laws that they broke. That is theft pure and simple.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:30 AM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Since they all broke our immigration laws that makes them illegally here in our country therefore they are illegal aliens. They have no right to take any jobs in this country and the employers have no right to hire them. This isn't a gray area it is in black and white according to our laws and no excuses justify it. For the most part most are working under fake I.D.'s so that is the second one of our laws that they broke. That is theft pure and simple.
Fine. But what in the wide world of sports does that have to do with my post above? Please try to keep your rambling diatribes more on point.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:32 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Fine. But what in the wide world of sports does that have to do with my post above? Please try to keep your rambling diatribes more on point.
It has everything to do with what you posted. Sorry you can't comprehend.

Old 10-25-2009, 08:42 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
They are not law abiding citizens. First - they are not citizens. Second they are perfectly willing to break a whole slew of laws. They will commit felony document fraud, they'll take jobs they are not entitled lawfully to take. They will readily drive without licenses, insurance, many participate in identity theft. Very few will file an income statement with the IRS or if working as independent contractors, pay into social security tax.

Old 10-25-2009, 09:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
oh i dont know... the same way the word "darkie" can have a negative conototation.

if you are trying to say that there is not a negative reference or specific imagery in popular culture with respect to "illegal alien", you are mistaken. i wouldnt like it if someone called my kids illegals. would you like it is someone called your kid "illegal" on the playground?

we all know that when idiots use it (especially like on this board where i am often accused of being an illegal myself or an IA lover) there is an idea and image conjured up. it has a negative, offenzive meaning.

and there is constatntly an ethnicity attached to this idea of illegality. dont play coy.

you are smarter than this.

and again, my big deal is : why is this concept and US problem of illegal immigration not taken seriously.

parties, costumes. whats next, take an illegal to work day?
Why do you ALWAYS use some form of ‘black’ denigration as an analogy when you want to illustrate something racial? I would think that you would occasionally mention another race/ethnicity; given your constant whining that black folks are not the exclusive recipients of discrimination in this country. Or, was “darkie” intended for MY benefit?

You routinely accuse us of racism. Yet, you and your cohorts are generally the first to inject a racist comment into the discussion. Do you actually not realize your hypocrisy?

Parents who engage in criminal behavior are responsible for the taunting their children receive from their peers. If foreigners wish to be respected in this country, they should obey our laws. Otherwise, they are fair game, just as other criminals.

Illegal = Unlawful. As long as foreigners have an unlawful presence in this country, they will aptly be referred to as illegal aliens. Next, “undocumented’ will have a negative connotation, because it implies they are not the same as us – which they aren’t. Nothing short of equal status with citizens will be considered acceptable by pro-illegals. Sorry, but they ARE illegal.

The inculcation of “illegal = a racial slur” will not ultimately make it so. A lie remains a lie, no matter how often it’s repeated. Despite your best efforts, “illegal” will not become the new "N" word. The notion is utterly ridiculous.

BTW, your racism is duly noted.

Last edited by Benicar; 10-25-2009 at 09:33 AM..

Old 10-25-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
It can easily be used as an ethnic slur.
When did “illegal” become an “ethnic” designation? Apparently I missed that memo. Please share with those of us who are not in the loop.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
False SS's are a Felony for starters which would land my American butt in Federal prison.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why do you ALWAYS use some form of ‘black’ denigration as an analogy when you want to illustrate something racial? I would think that you would occasionally mention another race/ethnicity; given your constant whining that black folks are not the exclusive recipients of discrimination in this country. Or, was “darkie” intended for MY benefit?

You routinely accuse us of racism. Yet, you and your cohorts are generally the first to inject a racist comment into the discussion. Do you actually not realize your hypocrisy?

Parents who engage in criminal behavior are responsible for the taunting their children receive from their peers. If foreigners wish to be respected in this country, they should obey our laws. Otherwise, they are fair game, just as other criminals.

Illegal = Unlawful. As long as foreigners have an unlawful presence in this country, they will aptly be referred to as illegal aliens. Next, “undocumented’ will have a negative connotation, because it implies they are not the same as us – which they aren’t. Nothing short of equal status with citizens will be considered acceptable by pro-illegals. Sorry, but they ARE illegal.

The inculcation of “illegal = a racial slur” will not ultimately make it so. A lie remains a lie, no matter how often it’s repeated. Despite your best efforts, “illegal” will not become the new "N" word. The notion is utterly ridiculous.

BTW, your racism is duly noted.
FYI: the one is indeed Black courtesy of one of his parents; despite the other parent being a Latino (actual race unknown).

Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
FYI: the one is indeed Black courtesy of one of his parents; despite the other parent being a Latino (actual race unknown).
Yes, I know he 'claims' to be a Black Latino. This is either a case of self-loathing, or dishonesty -- because he certainly doesn’t miss an opportunity to reach into his ‘black’ bag of insults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration