Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times

Advertisements

Well, if Illegal is a slur then the word criminal must be one too. Absurd.

The only way an Illegal is working is if they have stolen an identify or are getting paid without it being taxed. Both are criminal acts so EVERY Illegal already has two strikes if they are working here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 11:12 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Yes, I know he 'claims' to be a Black Latino. This is either a case of self-loathing, or dishonesty -- because he certainly doesn’t miss an opportunity to reach into his ‘black’ bag of insults.
I suspect that the one self identifies as a Hispanic, culturally speaking.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:57 PM

776 posts, read 1,276,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
False SS's are a Felony for starters which would land my American butt in Federal prison.
I suspect it would depend upon what you did with the falsified social security number. I doubt if all infractions are felonies. A felony is a fairly serious crime.

Old 10-25-2009, 02:13 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
It can easily be used as an ethnic slur.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How so?

Your either here legally, or your here illegally. How much more PC, do you want to get. Would drawing you a picture make it any clearer?
Remember, it's not an ethnic slur when used against an illegal immigrant who is OTM....only when applied to someone here from south of the border "without the necessary legal documentation."

Old 10-25-2009, 02:49 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
I suspect it would depend upon what you did with the falsified social security number. I doubt if all infractions are felonies. A felony is a fairly serious crime.
Being in possession of a fake ss card and/or using it to obtain employment, etc., is a felony in all 50 states, with a maximum prison sentence of five years.

Social Security Act §208

Old 10-25-2009, 03:01 PM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Being in possession of a fake ss card and/or using it to obtain employment, etc., is a felony in all 50 states, with a maximum prison sentence of five years.

Social Security Act §208

It still makes me laugh that anyone could try and bend this to fit their agenda. It's a law and they need to follow it or they will be deported or incarcerated and no one will feel sorry for them. All of our laws are to be followed. Some seem to think it's the Burger King method of living but no, you can't have it your way.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey cabal View Post
In other words, if an illegal uses a stolen or fake SSN to support a family, it’s ok. Sorry, but there is no justification for theft or fraud. There are citizens in this country going through hell because illegals have stolen their SSN and have purchased cars, houses, and other items. Citizens are also being denied unemployment and medical benefits because illegals are using their ID. How do you pro-illegals defend such egregious behavior?

Old 10-25-2009, 06:01 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,668,019 times
no, the purpose is finding a word that denotes an arbritrary characteristic that can be used as an offensive term.

being undocumented. being dark. being "big" (fat). it was not directed at you. dont know why you would think so.

and its something i myself have been called.

its not racism on my part. you are mistaken. but if you like i will use the word fat or fatty in my next analogy instead.

calling someone fatty might just be pointing out that someone is fat. but we know that it can be used by idiots to denegrate people. i thought i made that clear.

AND i love how you throw it on the parents of the taunted children.
it reminds me of a thread on the politics forum about the rainbow and how kids cant draw rainbows for the fear of being labeled gay.

people started blaming the gays for co-copting the rainbow, all the while ignoring the bigots who created lil monsters who would bully others for something as superficial as a rainbow (or skin color or ability OR suspected citizenship)

so tell me, how would you feel if your kid came home and told you the kids at school were calling him illegal?

Quote:
Why do you ALWAYS use some form of ‘black’ denigration as an analogy when you want to illustrate something racial? I would think that you would occasionally mention another race/ethnicity; given your constant whining that black folks are not the exclusive recipients of discrimination in this country. Or, was “darkie” intended for MY benefit?

You routinely accuse us of racism. Yet, you and your cohorts are generally the first to inject a racist comment into the discussion. Do you actually not realize your hypocrisy?

Parents who engage in criminal behavior are responsible for the taunting their children receive from their peers. If foreigners wish to be respected in this country, they should obey our laws. Otherwise, they are fair game, just as other criminals.

Illegal = Unlawful. As long as foreigners have an unlawful presence in this country, they will aptly be referred to as illegal aliens. Next, “undocumented’ will have a negative connotation, because it implies they are not the same as us – which they aren’t. Nothing short of equal status with citizens will be considered acceptable by pro-illegals. Sorry, but they ARE illegal.

The inculcation of “illegal = a racial slur” will not ultimately make it so. A lie remains a lie, no matter how often it’s repeated. Despite your best efforts, “illegal” will not become the new "N" word. The notion is utterly ridiculous.

BTW, your racism is duly noted.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:04 PM

another person questions my heritage. what a suprise.

i use my own experiences to find parallels with different forms people slander and try to hurt eachother. thats all it is. if i was chinese i would probably use those metaphors and examples. i use my own life. speaking in truth thats all.

Quote:
Yes, I know he 'claims' to be a Black Latino. This is either a case of self-loathing, or dishonesty -- because he certainly doesn’t miss an opportunity to reach into his ‘black’ bag of insults.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:05 PM

mixed, altho i did try on "Mutt", ALA Barry H Obama.

and i have been called a black bean*r. dont know if that was in reference to eating black beans, or bein a black/hisp (bean*r)
hmmmm

ultimately im an angelino.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I suspect that the one self identifies as a Hispanic, culturally speaking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration