Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 05:50 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,025,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You can slow this down to a crawl, but it still will not hold water.

You can NOT claim that illegal immigration and criminal behavior are separate issues as long as illegal aliens engage in criminal behavior. We know for a fact that a percentage of illegal aliens are in fact rapists and drunk drivers. I really don’t know why you are belaboring the issue.
Not to mention identity thieves...

Old 11-14-2009, 09:09 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Having a different point of view and expressing it isn't the same thing as calling me "ignorant" and saying "I can't believe there are people like you". If you are going to butt in then I suggest you read what I was responding to. If he has to hurl insults then he has the problem with anger, not me.
I agree...when people make it personal, that's unacceptable. We should be able to have a discussion as adults. The only reason this is fun and thought provoking is because we have different views and opinions. You know if we ALL agreed, we wouldn't be here.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:12 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,868,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Actually it's more than 10. I personally know about 12 from UCSB alone.

Well, I knew we would get at least 20.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Entering the US = breaking US laws. Using someone else's social security number to gain employment or benefits = breaking US laws. Accepting employment where one is paid under the table and no taxes are withheld = breaking US laws. What other country even puts up with this widespread lawbreaking without enforcement???? Wake up America!
No other country can afford to..

Old 11-14-2009, 09:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
No other country can afford to..
And neither can we if you haven't noticed.

Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And neither can we if you haven't noticed.
We are still rich beyond any country's imagination. You know how many people in the world wish they could have some of our "broke". But I get your point. That's why they have to seal up that border nice and tight.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:52 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
We are still rich beyond any country's imagination. You know how many people in the world wish they could have some of our "broke". But I get your point. That's why they have to seal up that border nice and tight.
Exactly... We also need to deal with the 12 million criminals that have made in.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:26 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
What is your preference? Before, or after, we grant citizenship to the criminals who are already here, and their millions of relatives waiting to benefit from chain migration?

Old 11-15-2009, 07:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
It is coming............especially if Mexico implodes.

Old 11-15-2009, 07:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
Quote:
Many countries could be rich beyond their present circumstances, (if not neccessarily their imaginations), and could have a WHOLE lot nicer conditions, if they'd look at making some changes in the way they run their societies and how much freedom they feel they could tolerate, and how they treat their own citizens. Doing that would make their lives better; maybe so much better that we would have no reason to 'seal up that border nice and tight'. Maybe we could seal it up just a LITTLE, to keep out the truly 'bad guys', and maybe that would be all the 'sealing' we'd need to do, since the 'good guys' would then be happy to stay home.

It's just a suggestion, of course....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration