Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2009, 08:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Yes I do...do you? You can say there is no connection since there is no predisposition. There are blondes who are criminals, is there a connection there? NO. Each population has criminals, does that mean that each characteristic is a connection. No. You find something that ACTUALLY correlates to each other. Not post some crimes and say "Hey, they were illegal and committed crimes. That must mean that there is a connection".

The second to last sentence and the last sentence seem to contradict each other. If there is a connection it must imply a predisposition (being illegal causes this...) However, the last sentence states that this is not the case.

What other factors MAY contribute to said crimes? Rapists typically have a history of mental health disorders. Burglaries are more likely to occur in areas where the median household income is less than 50k a year. Murders also occur more frequently in areas with lower educational attainment and lower median income. Maybe you should look at those characteristics.
Perhaps you can comprehend this. A percentage of teenagers get pregnant each year. Thus, you cannot state that there is no connection between teens and pregnancy. However, the mere fact that one is a teenager does not predispose one to pregnancy.

Conversely, it has been scientifically proven that children of schizophrenics may be, but are not necessarily, predisposed to schizophrenia. I can’t make it simpler. If you are still fixated on your notion of predisposition, I can’t help you.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:14 PM

277 posts, read 368,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you can comprehend this. A percentage of teenagers get pregnant each year. Thus, you cannot state that there is no connection between teens and pregnancy. However, the mere fact that one is a teenager does not predispose one to pregnancy.

Conversely, it has been scientifically proven that children of schizophrenics may be, but are not necessarily, predisposed to schizophrenia. I can’t make it simpler. If you are still fixated on your notion of predisposition, I can’t help you.
Wow...talk about confusing statement. How does this relate to illegal immigrants again?

Old 11-13-2009, 08:29 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:

Okay, I can find a redhead from Sherman Oaks who drinks Starbucks and speeds that raped somebody. Does that mean these things are related (rape and all the other characteristics)? NO. It doesn't...

Simply the statement relationship IMPLIES causation (predisposition). Smoking causes cancer (you are contributing towards traits that predispose one towards cancer if you smoke). By stating relationship you are establishing causation. Illegal immigration ---> rape. However, there is NO relationship.

Just as drinking Starbucks has no bearing to the hypothetical rapist, being illegal has no bearing as well. Just like living in Sherman Oaks has no bearing, neither does illegal immigration. Just like being a redhead had no bearing, neither does illegal immigration. Here's a parallel...the person speeds (one illegal action) and the person raped somebody (two illegal actions). Are the two related? No. Since there is no causation or predisposition, thus the two have no bearing to each other.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Wow...talk about confusing statement. How does this relate to illegal immigrants again?
You would need to ask Dr. that1guy.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Okay, I can find a redhead from Sherman Oaks who drinks Starbucks and speeds that raped somebody. Does that mean these things are related (rape and all the other characteristics)? NO. It doesn't...

Simply the statement relationship IMPLIES causation (predisposition). Smoking causes cancer (you are contributing towards traits that predispose one towards cancer if you smoke). By stating relationship you are establishing causation. Illegal immigration ---> rape. However, there is NO relationship.

Just as drinking Starbucks has no bearing to the hypothetical rapist, being illegal has no bearing as well. Just like living in Sherman Oaks has no bearing, neither does illegal immigration. Just like being a redhead had no bearing, neither does illegal immigration. Here's a parallel...the person speeds (one illegal action) and the person raped somebody (two illegal actions). Are the two related? No. Since there is no causation or predisposition, thus the two have no bearing to each other.
I’m finished with this nonsense. Carry on.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
I’m finished with this nonsense. Carry on.
Good so you realize that you made no sense whatsoever...

Old 11-13-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
You would need to ask Dr. that1guy.
If you post something that is absolutely wrong, don't get mad...just understand the problem. Sorry, but what you put down was called rubbish by three people...I mean now you act rather mad, it's almost comical...

Old 11-13-2009, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Good so you realize that you made no sense whatsoever...
Quote:
If you post something that is absolutely wrong, don't get mad...just understand the problem. Sorry, but what you put down was called rubbish by three people...I mean now you act rather mad, it's almost comical...
Don’t flatter yourself. I’m not mad. There simply is no debating nonsense. If I said the sky is blue, you would say -- only if there are no clouds. . . and then it could rain. . . and then it could snow. . . and then we could have a tornado. . . and then it could be night.

Old 11-13-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Don’t flatter yourself. I’m not mad. There simply is no debating nonsense. If I said the sky is blue, you would say -- only if there are no clouds. . . and then it could rain. . . and then it could snow. . . and then we could have a tornado. . . and then it could be night.
Well, act it. Simply observation. Why would that be flattering? Yeah you are right, except that you aren't really making sense...It's as if you try so hard to find a way to explain how illegal immigration and rape is linked, then get into a tiff when people explain to PAINFULLY slowly that it doesn't quite work that way. So you can either learn from this, or continue in the same illogical manner... (illegals cause rape, therefore the two are related. redheads cause rape, therefore the two are related). That's simply illogical. It's like saying the sky is blue and I ate breakfast, therefore the two are linked...

Old 11-13-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I know you meant this unintentionally, but that is exactly the same logic YOU used...Ironic, yet doesn't even realize it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration