Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 04:36 PM

277 posts, read 368,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Illegals OR Hispanics? Trying to blur those lines between legal and illegal again? No, we blame all of the above except for legal Hispanics.
Yes Chicagonut...don't blame me for ****. I pay my taxes! And so does EVERY Latino I know!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2009, 04:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,567,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John C. H. View Post
Here we go again...Americans playing the victims. Like I have said before, if you are in a situation where you are competing with an Illegal Alien for work, it's time to go back to school and get a degree.

And people say "cheap" labor. Folks on here seem to think people (illegals) work for $2/hr or may $4...heck let's say $5. Don't think so. They have their limits. If it's above minimum wage, no reason why an American shouldn't do it. But as always..."I won't work for no $8 and hour...you must be crazy!". "Me...work in Burger King? You must be out of your mind!". I hear it all the time.

I’m not sure who the “you” is who needs to return to school and get an education, but I have two degrees. I think that should be sufficient.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
Reality is often dramatic. Do you have a point or is sarcasm all you've got?
I already made my point. Your point has been repeated a lot. But the way you said it was...well dramatic. Thanks for posting that. We can disagree, but still be friends. I have tons of Republican "Conservative" friends and you should hear the arguments we get into...then we end it with beer and jokes. No hard feelings.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktalon1 View Post
"Americans playing the victim"

We are being victimized by the the very corporations that our past generations built on their backs; we are being victimized by the greedy, corrupt politicians on both sides of the political aisle, along with their corporate masters; our tax dollars, sovereignty and way of life and childrens' futures is being raped, pillaged and destroyed by illegal aliens. Contrary to what you may believe, this is not a game. We are not playing victims, we are indeed being victimized by all of the aforementioned.
Absolutely! We are forced to support millions of foreigners who have no right to be here. If that isn’t victimization, then someone please tell me what is.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Yes Chicagonut...don't blame me for ****. I pay my taxes! And so does EVERY Latino I know!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then you obviously don’t know any illegal Latinos.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m not sure who the “you” is who needs to return to school and get an education, but I have two degrees. I think that should be sufficient.
Excellent...so I doubt you are at Home Depot looking and waiting to be pick up for worked. Remember one of the arguments here is that illegals are bad for our country because most of them don't have more than "a 5th grade education".

Old 11-15-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Then you obviously don’t know any illegal Latinos.
Actually no. The people I associate with are family members, co-workers and school buddies. None of them happen to be Illegal. But that's besides the point anyway.
I can't tell who is legal or illegal anyway. Can you?

Old 11-15-2009, 04:46 PM

51 posts, read 65,164 times
Quote:
I already made my point. Your point has been repeated a lot. But the way you said it was...well dramatic. Thanks for posting that. We can disagree, but still be friends. I have tons of Republican "Conservative" friends and you should hear the arguments we get into...then we end it with beer and jokes. No hard feelings.
Your assumption that I am on a public message board in the hopes of acquiring a new "friend" is also well . . dramatic. Not only do I detest the taste of beer, my friendships are an acquired taste as well and you don't tingle my taste buds. No hard feelings taken.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Excellent...so I doubt you are at Home Depot looking and waiting to be pick up for worked.
I may not have to compete against illegals, but there are plenty of citizens who do. I don’t expect you to empathize with your so-called fellow Americans, because you have clearly stated your allegiance.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:48 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Excellent...so I doubt you are at Home Depot looking and waiting to be pick up for worked.
Probably not but what about those American handymen and construction workers that are waiting for jobs in their legal places of business but didn't get them because these illegal aliens were waiting outside of Home Deport to work cheaper and illegally? Yes, those that hire them are just as guilty also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration