Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 03:11 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,377,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And Americans will keep rousting illegal aliens more and more harshly (preferably legally).
and more and more expensively from a tax dollar standpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 03:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,322,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
Nothing could be more expensive or damaging to our nation then allowing them to stay here.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:39 PM

706 posts, read 940,350 times
Quote:
Would you please expand on your theory,with some stats to validate your statement.......

thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
If you data to back that up then maybe that's true, I can only speak from people I know, who would tell you otherwise. Bottom line is if somebody wants to be here, they'll find a way in.

See my comment in the other topic regarding this. I think we both know this would never happen in a million years.
Most would leave if e-verify was implemented across the board. The claim is that they are here only to work so with e-verify there would be no jobs for them. Therefore they will self-deport. That along with a national I.D. that has to be presented to gain benefits as a citizen and re-interpreting the authomatic birthright citizenship fiasco and securing our borders with the military if necessary would make most leave and very few to try to ever enter again.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,142,387 times
Quote:
Maybe it is time for the USA to find out how 'expensive' a nation without illegal aliens would be

Old 11-30-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Most would leave if e-verify was implemented across the board. The claim is that they are here only to work so with e-verify there would be no jobs for them. Therefore they will self-deport. That along with a national I.D. that has to be presented to gain benefits as a citizen and re-interpreting the authomatic birthright citizenship fiasco and securing our borders with the military if necessary would make most leave and very few to try to ever enter again.
As you stated...........just that the illegal alien apologists are in deep denial about reality.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderlord View Post
Would you please expand on your theory,with some stats to validate your statement.......

thanks
Just look at the federal government budget and see how much we spend annually on border patrol, imprisoning illegal immigrants and in deportations...it's disgusting how much money we waste on that crap....and it does little to stop the flow of illegal immigrants.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Just look at the federal government budget and see how much we spend annually on border patrol, imprisoning illegal immigrants and in deportations...it's disgusting how much money we waste on that crap....and it does little to stop the flow of illegal immigrants.
Flip side: if there were little or no enforcement of our immigration laws----------I can guarantee we (the USA) would be have tens of millions of those insolent losers. Better to have 10 million (and dropping) illegal aliens already here than the former scenario. Needless to say: I personally want the rest of the above criminals out of my country.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Flip side: if there were little or no enforcement of our immigration laws----------I can guarantee we (the USA) would be have tens of millions of those insolent losers. Better to have 10 million (and dropping) illegal aliens already here than the former scenario. Needless to say: I personally want the rest of the above criminals out of my country.
That's pure speculation, if stricter hiring requirements were enforced (SSA ID checks, E-verify, etc.) we wouldn't even have to worry about any of this in the first place and wouldn't have to waste all that money on border enforcement, etc.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
What a ridiculous argument! Look at how much we spend incarcerating citizen criminals but it is a necessary evil because we are a nation of laws and utter chaos would rule if we didn't get them off the streets. Should we stop incarcerating citizen lawbreakers then to save money? It doesn't necessarily discourage citizens from continuing to break our laws either but as I said it is a necessary evil.

Last edited by chicagonut; 12-01-2009 at 10:23 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration