Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 12:31 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,434,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I so agree. Also notice that the pro-amnesty, far left liberals don't put any fault on the country's like Mexico where most of the illegals are coming from. They refuse to provide for their own citizens but we are supposed to roll over and take care of them for them. When will Mexico change and try to keep their citizens at home? All we are doing is feeding the problem and they will never change as long as they can dump their poor on us and enjoy the remittances that their citizens send back to their homelands while the money leaves our own economy.
I don't know who these far left liberals are but what purpose would it serve to place blame on Mexico for the illegal immigration issue our country faces? It isn't like we can just go to their leaders and say shame on you, fix this problem that is now affecting us. Throwing around blame is a complete waste of time, we should be more focused on finding a solution and then acting upon it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so no one wants to address the corrupt politicians controlling our borders with a few businessmen. do we just wanna sweep that under the rug so we don't have to address the realities?

And just what are the "realities" in your humble opinion? Maybe you would like to start with why you think that our government hasn't secured our borders for the last 20 years after the last amnesty?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:38 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
What?!?!
Excellent post. (This thread, Post #202) ...."what ?!?!", in my opinion, is the perfect reaction to the post in question. I would be hard pressed to improve upon it, and admire the way you've expressed in one word what it would take me at least 10 paragraphs to do.

The notion that it's incumbent upon "us"...(the benighted, self-centered, myopic 'rabble' which makes up the 'typical' population of everyday American citizens), to "back off, do the research, and get the 'big picture' "....and that if we'd only get off our couches, turn off our TV's, and do this, then our objections to illegal immigration would suddenly melt away like April snow in a sudden surge of 'enlightenment', would be insulting and condescending, were it not so laughable.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of us are not privy to this degree of wisdom, nor do we dwell 'above it all' in our ivory towers, nor do we have 'professors' at our disposal to advise us on life matters....and when we get 'disrespected', impacted upon, lied to, and 'taken to the cleaners', most of us don't do the research, I'll admit. Most of us just get "mad". Imagine that!

"Do the research"? Indeed. One might offer the same advice to the victims of car thieves. "Car stolen? Bummer!...but heck, don't get mad, do the research! Find out WHY people steal cars...what part YOU may have had in getting YOUR car stolen! Have you considered riding a bike...or walking? After all, if you didn't HAVE a car, it would never get stolen! Think 'outside the box'...do the research!"....Or how about finding that your house has been 'grafittied'?..."House got grafittied? Look at the bright side...find out what causes people to want to express themselves through grafitti. Why do you suppose they chose YOUR house, anyway. Ever thought of TALKING to the little felows? After all, according to some studies, grafitti is ACTUALLY considered a form of artistic expression. Don't get "mad", get EDUCATED! Do the research"!

"Do the research"...OK. Might be some sense to it, after all. Perhaps if illegal immigrants come here, find themselves unable to achieve 'instant citizenship'...notice a bit of hostility among the locals...an undercurrent of anger, and a less-than-enthusiastic welcome....and if they sometimes feel a little disappointed and 'let down'.....maybe these illegals should "do the research"....and then when they got the 'cold shoulder' from American society, and were made to feel as though they'd broken some kind of LAW or something, while they may not LIKE it, maybe at least they'd understand the reasons behind it.

Research can be a good thing....sometimes, research or no, though, you just get plain mad. I put myself in that category...I'm not an 'intellectual' by any stretch...just an average 'clod'....and I could probably "do the research" from now until next Tuesday, and I can pretty much assure you I'd STILL be upset about illegal immigration.

Thanks for your post. "What ?!?!" is the PERFECT word for how I feel. I couldn't have said it better (or shorter) myself...

Last edited by macmeal; 01-13-2010 at 12:48 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 12:41 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,969,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
I don't know who these far left liberals are but what purpose would it serve to place blame on Mexico for the illegal immigration issue our country faces? It isn't like we can just go to their leaders and say shame on you, fix this problem that is now affecting us. Throwing around blame is a complete waste of time, we should be more focused on finding a solution and then acting upon it.
It's not just a matter of throwing around blame. We can, and should, go to their leaders and demand they stop contributing to the problem. I'm not sure if they still do this, but at one point, President Fox of Mexico published and distributed a pamphlet on how to increase your chances of success when trying to cross illegally into the US. Putting a stop to such actions is part of the solution.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:57 PM

10,244 posts, read 16,434,910 times
I don't know anything about that but his views seem to make sense according to this article released in 2006 while he was serving as president:

FOXNews.com - Vicente Fox: Immigration Is Biggest Challenge for Mexico, U.S. - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I wouldn't find it time well spent to try and work alongside the current Mexican administration in regards to immigration or anything else for that matter. How can you take anyone seriously who was fraudulently elected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Excellent post. (This thread, Post #202) ...."what ?!?!", in my opinion, is the perfect reaction to the post in question. I would be hard pressed to improve upon it, and admire the way you've expressed in one word what it would take me at least 10 paragraphs to do.

The notion that it's incumbent upon "us"...(the benighted, self-centered, myopic 'rabble' which makes up the 'typical' population of everyday American citizens), to "back off, do the research, and get the 'big picture' "....and that if we'd only get off our couches, turn off our TV's, and do this, then our objections to illegal immigration would suddenly melt away like April snow in a sudden surge of 'enlightenment', would be insulting and condescending, were it not so laughable.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of us are not privy to this degree of wisdom, nor do we dwell 'above it all' in our ivory towers, nor do we have 'professors' at our disposal to advise us on life matters....and when we get 'disrespected', impacted upon, lied to, and 'taken to the cleaners', most of us don't do the research, I'll admit. Most of us just get "mad". Imagine that!

"Do the research"? Indeed. One might offer the same advice to the victims of car thieves. "Car stolen? Bummer!...but heck, don't get mad, do the research! Find out WHY people steal cars...what part YOU may have had in getting YOUR car stolen! Have you considered riding a bike...or walking? After all, if you didn't HAVE a car, it would never get stolen! Think 'outside the box'...do the research!"....Or how about finding that your house has been 'grafittied'?..."House got grafittied? Look at the bright side...find out what causes people to want to express themselves through grafitti. Why do you suppose they chose YOUR house, anyway. Ever thought of TALKING to the little felows? After all, according to some studies, grafitti is ACTUALLY considered a form of artistic expression. Don't get "mad", get EDUCATED! Do the research"!

"Do the research"...OK. Might be some sense to it, after all. Perhaps if illegal immigrants come here, find themselves unable to achieve 'instant citizenship'...notice a bit of hostility among the locals...an undercurrent of anger, and a less-than-enthusiastic welcome....and if they sometimes feel a little disappointed and 'let down'.....maybe these illegals should "do the research"....and then when they got the 'cold shoulder' from American society, and were made to feel as though they'd broken some kind of LAW or something, while they may not LIKE it, maybe at least they'd understand the reasons behind it.

Research can be a good thing....sometimes, research or no, though, you just get plain mad. I put myself in that category...I'm not an 'intellectual' by any stretch...just an average 'clod'....and I could probably "do the research" from now until next Tuesday, and I can pretty much assure you I'd STILL be upset about illegal immigration.

Thanks for your post. "What ?!?!" is the PERFECT word for how I feel. I couldn't have said it better (or shorter) myself...
macmeal, thanks for the good laugh. You have nailed the complete and utter asinine thinking behind these far left amnesty kooks and just how far they will go to defend the defenseless to further their anti-American agenda.

18,456 posts, read 19,101,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And just what are the "realities" in your humble opinion? Maybe you would like to start with why you think that our government hasn't secured our borders for the last 20 years after the last amnesty?

I have said why I thought the borders have not been secure 3 times. it is about money and the lack of it to pay for man power to patrol IMO.
for the sake of "reality" and not rhetoric, if there is proof in your assertion that it is because of corrupt politicians then you should be able to point to it other than to bring blog messages and chain emails to the thread. if you are just throwing it out there as your opinion I can respect that just don't pass it off as fact. at least macmeal said the points about people eating dogs and only men being educated as a reason for assimilation were the worst case scenario, not indeed fact. if indeed it is truth that a small group of politicians are engaging in illegal activities against the usa, you know about it and no one else does it is your duty as a US citizen to bring it to the attention of the authorihies. it is a crime. if you were just sprouting off an opinion that is another matter all together just don't pass it off as fact. so which is it? if it is fact how come it is you and a few others that know about it and the rest of don't or can find the information to back up the assertion? fact or opinion?

Old 01-13-2010, 01:02 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
so no one wants to address the corrupt politicians controlling our borders with a few businessmen. do we just wanna sweep that under the rug so we don't have to address the realities?
Obviously, you haven’t read many threads on this forum. Otherwise, you would realize we have discussed EVERY aspect of the illegal immigration issue. No one has exonerated our government or the greedy scum employers, or “swept it under the rug.” We are well aware of the collusion between our government, the corporate elite, and Mexico in facilitating this mess. Perhaps you should peruse the threads prior to posting accusations.

Old 01-13-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
I have said why I thought the borders have not been secure 3 times. it is about money and the lack of it to pay for man power to patrol IMO.
for the sake of "reality" and not rhetoric, if there is proof in your assertion that it is because of corrupt politicians then you should be able to point to it other than to bring blog messages and chain emails to the thread. if you are just throwing it out there as your opinion I can respect that just don't pass it off as fact. at least macmeal said the points about people eating dogs and only men being educated as a reason for assimilation were the worst case scenario, not indeed fact. if indeed it is truth that a small group of politicians are engaging in illegal activities against the usa, you know about it and no one else does it is your duty as a US citizen to bring it to the attention of the authorihies. it is a crime. if you were just sprouting off an opinion that is another matter all together just don't pass it off as fact. so which is it? if it is fact how come it is you and a few others that know about it and the rest of don't or can find the information to back up the assertion? fact or opinion?
Really? Then please explain how our government can afford to spend trillions on a foreign war? Yet we cannot afford to secure our own borders? Gee, what a coincidence that since they haven't done that, cheap illegal labor and drugs have been readily available to those who want them.

No, I am not the only one who knows what our government's reasons are for not securing our borders. Most Americans know what is going on. Wake up and smell the coffee!

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-13-2010 at 01:19 PM..

Old 01-13-2010, 01:10 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Good grief! How on earth do you think massive illegal immigration has been able to flourish, if not due to malfeasance? C’mon, it’s not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration