Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2010, 01:54 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,773,008 times

Advertisements

One fear and concern I have is the antibiotic resistant TB that they are bringing into the country from not just Mexico, but south of Mexico and some EU countries. If we do not stop the flow of unhealth, unchecked illegals then we will soon have to face this monster in mass. Job loss would be the least of our worries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2010, 02:00 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
One fear and concern I have is the antibiotic resistant TB that they are bringing into the country from not just Mexico, but south of Mexico and some EU countries. If we do not stop the flow of unhealth, unchecked illegals then we will soon have to face this monster in mass. Job loss would be the least of our worries.
That, and God only knows what else. As long as our borders remain open, we are susceptible to disease, biochemicals, miscreants, etc.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:01 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,575,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I don't think this is something you can say as an absolute across the board for all illegas. a good percentage come to this country only to make a better life from the one they left behind

Of course they do....absolutely!...But in doing this, they break the law; (that's why they're called 'illegals' instead of 'immigrants')....and you can't do that here (improve your income by breaking the law).

I consider myself a 'good' person, for the most part; I suppose you could say I 'deserve' certain things; you MIGHT even say I'm a 'nicer', kinder, and more honest person than SOME people who HAVE some of the nice things that I deserve, and want for myself.

But I can't have these things, because they're not mine....and I can't afford them; and the only way I could GET them is by stealing them. At that point, I'd be breaking the law, and would probably be caught and punished...even though I deserved the things more than those who actually owned them.

Illegal immigrants aren't 'evil'...God loves them; but they are breaking a law, and here in the 'real world', that's not 'OK'.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:08 PM

335 posts, read 329,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
Those that use this argument also tend to state that the laws will not change to incorporate those that are here without documentation. They argue that this will not happen since they are illegal. There is another flaw. They are illegal according to the law, yet would be legal if the law changed. They base this argument on the first law and not the second...which would be the law that determines status.
So when a person doesn't file his federal income tax return to pay his taxes due, he is doing something illegal according to the law, yet it would be legal if the law was changed. Wow, what a concept! I guess we could apply this same "logic" to every other category of lawbreaking. right? If it wasn't for that darn law, what that lawbreaker just did to violate that law would be perfectly legal. Hey, if we got rid of all laws, we could reduce the crime rate in all categories to 0. Imagine that, we could all live in a country in which no crimes were being committed. Of course, people would still be murdering, raping, robbing, burglarizing, etc., but we just wouldn't consider them crimes anymore because it was just those darn laws that made these acts crimes. In fact, this would make a great bumper sticker: No Laws = No Crimes.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,073,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Who do you think OWNS this country? Hint: They also own the mainstream media, and most of our politicians. So, don’t expect to hear the truth reported.

do you guys ever just come out and say what you mean, back it up or just "hint" at things and hope people know what you mean because after all it is common knowledge?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:18 PM

18,413 posts, read 19,073,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Of course they do....absolutely!...But in doing this, they break the law; (that's why they're called 'illegals' instead of 'immigrants')....and you can't do that here (improve your income by breaking the law).

I consider myself a 'good' person, for the most part; I suppose you could say I 'deserve' certain things; you MIGHT even say I'm a 'nicer', kinder, and more honest person than SOME people who HAVE some of the nice things that I deserve, and want for myself.

But I can't have these things, because they're not mine....and I can't afford them; and the only way I could GET them is by stealing them. At that point, I'd be breaking the law, and would probably be caught and punished...even though I deserved the things more than those who actually owned them.

Illegal immigrants aren't 'evil'...God loves them; but they are breaking a law, and here in the 'real world', that's not 'OK'.
I agree "a" law was broke when they entered illegally.
in the real world we have law breakers everyday, doesn't make it ok
most of us good people do deserve more than we have, the difference between us and a criminal is that we work for ours.
again I can't be bothered to get my panties in a bunch that a poor couple from latin america enter illegally and then goes to work picking berries to support themselves and are otherwise law abiding. now I blame the employer for allowing them to work and paying them.
I can however get mad about the illegal who robs people and commits other felonies.
for me they are two different law breakers and the the crimes just don't compare. like comparing a moving violation to a felony. both are wrong but where do you prefer your tax dollar goes to fight which crime. I pick felony. make illegal entry a felony then we have agreement on the sin

Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,544,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
So when a person doesn't file his federal income tax return to pay his taxes due, he is doing something illegal according to the law, yet it would be legal if the law was changed. Wow, what a concept! I guess we could apply this same "logic" to every other category of lawbreaking. right? If it wasn't for that darn law, what that lawbreaker just did to violate that law would be perfectly legal. Hey, if we got rid of all laws, we could reduce the crime rate in all categories to 0. Imagine that, we could all live in a country in which no crimes were being committed. Of course, people would still be murdering, raping, robbing, burglarizing, etc., but we just wouldn't consider them crimes anymore because it was just those darn laws that made these acts crimes. In fact, this would make a great bumper sticker: No Laws = No Crimes.
Sounds logical to me.

Once I steal myself a car (and drive it without a license, registration or insurance) then I want one of those there bumper stickers. I'd rather steal it (to save money, ya know) but they'd probably be mail order only.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:29 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,312,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
How exactly does the nation benefit from importing poverty?
So we try to budget accordingly. You do know the median illegal immigrant family makes roughly 47k a year. That's more than double the poverty level for a family of 4.
Ahahahaha! That's a good one. Basically, the US should be forced to "budget accordingly" as the result of allowing millions of illegal immigrants reside here? That's really nice, force program cuts and budget shortages for something that shouldn't even be occuring like this. What does "budget accordingly" mean? Seems like cutting programs that were for legal residents or increasing taxes is budgeting accordingly, right?

Old 01-13-2010, 02:31 PM

13,680 posts, read 20,822,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbartlebee View Post
Forget it Bro. The dog ate his law degree.

Old 01-13-2010, 02:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
do you guys ever just come out and say what you mean, back it up or just "hint" at things and hope people know what you mean because after all it is common knowledge?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I’ll try to clarify. In this country, we have groups of powerful people and organizations with enough money to influence the political process. Many of these same people are profiting from cheap illegal labor, and they will do whatever is necessary to ensure its continuance. Some even own newspapers and TV networks. Thus, they have the authority to dictate what is and is not reported to the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration