Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
DITTO!!!

It's also good practice to do in this particular situation that which can be difficult. Do the two! Will make you better at whatever you do. Don't mean to insult, but your reasoning not to do the two in one day is wimpy.

I don't drive and already explained that the two interviews may not be anywhere near each other which would make it impossible to go to both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2009, 12:28 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Well I just got back from the interview and looks like I won't be interested because the guy told me what number they can't go past far as salary and that number is lower than my number. I still made it seemed like I was interested while I was there but I know that I won't accept the position if offered. So I will start preparing for my interview I have tomorrow at 2pm
And if you don't get the other job as well? Sounds like you're very young and have led a charmed life. It won't always be that way. The school of life (not even the school of hard knocks) might knock some sense and maturity into you.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:29 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,742,020 times
Quote:
I don't drive and already explained that the two interviews may not be anywhere near each other which would make it impossible to go to both.
No. You talked about it not being a good fit and now can use the excuse of proximity to justify your lack of ambition.

I had to take a cut in pay in order to get another job. As it turned out, I was promoted rather quickly and in a short time surpassed the larger salary I had before I took the job with the cut in pay.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
No. You talked about it not being a good fit and now can use the excuse of proximity to justify your lack of ambition.

I had to take a cut in pay in order to get another job. As it turned out, I was promoted rather quickly and in a short time surpassed the larger salary I had before I took the job with the cut in pay.

Well They couldn't answer this questipn during the interview which was another turnoff

"what are the possibilities for someone in this position who consistently performs above expectations?"

Old 03-18-2009, 01:04 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,639,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabbcat View Post
OMG.... that is the best post ever!! HAHAHA SUPER SECRET TACTICS!

How about just be qualified for what you're applying for, and have a decent personality?
Tabbcat,

You just pointed out the problem right there, he doesn't have any qualifications or a decent personality! If he did, he wouldn't need any "tricks" or "tips" during interviews just to get a job. Qualifications can speak for themselves during a interview and a good personality comes naturally - two things he obviously can not relate with.

TVGuy,

I don't know how much you were making in your last job, but $3,000 hardly seems like much of a paycut if you claim you really need a job. Even if your salary before was $30,000, this would only be a 10% cut - which isn't bad considering some people have taken 30% cuts or more.

"Well They couldn't answer this questipn during the interview which was another turnoff

"what are the possibilities for someone in this position who consistently performs above expectations?"

Maybe he already decided you wouldn't be a fit for his role, so why bother wasting his time in answering?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:05 PM

83 posts, read 177,295 times
Quote:
Well They couldn't answer this questipn during the interview which was another turnoff

Lol. You gotta be trolling us now.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
Tabbcat,

You just pointed out the problem right there, he doesn't have any qualifications or a decent personality! If he did, he wouldn't need any "tricks" or "tips" during interviews just to get a job. Qualifications can speak for themselves during a interview and a good personality comes naturally - two things he obviously can not relate with.

TVGuy,

I don't know how much you were making in your last job, but $3,000 hardly seems like much of a paycut if you claim you really need a job. Even if your salary before was $30,000, this would only be a 10% cut - which isn't bad considering some people have taken 30% cuts or more.

"Well They couldn't answer this questipn during the interview which was another turnoff

Maybe he already decided you wouldn't be a fit for his role, so why bother wasting his time in answering?

That cut is not going to help pay my rent and bills so that's why I have a certain range I want to stay in

Old 03-18-2009, 01:25 PM

1,111 posts, read 4,639,724 times
Quote:
That cut is not going to help pay my rent and bills so that's why I have a certain range I want to stay in
And being unemployed will pay your rent and bills how?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danameless View Post
And being unemployed will pay your rent and bills how?
The money I used to pay rent and bills now is not much but that it is for me to do my job searching. I wouldn't accept a job that is still going to have me struggling to pay rent just because the economy is bad. I'm going to make sure I get a job that is close to what I was making or SLIGHTLY lower.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 3,791,948 times
If $3000 isn't slightly lower, I'm not sure what is. What was your original salary? $3000 isn't much at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search