Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2019, 10:38 AM

15,843 posts, read 14,476,031 times

Advertisements

Don't do that. They make a huge effort to find people who do this, and then screw them in every orifice. They want every nickle they think they're entitled to.

This is especially true now that the Federal SALT deduction has been capped. More people are looking to avoid state taxes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
That damn weather is just amazing. I'll make more money doing what I do there to offset the costs. If I play my cards right I can keep a residence here and keep my business registered here to avoid the state tax.

Last edited by BBMW; 05-10-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 11:29 AM

120 posts, read 166,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker1962 View Post
Not sure Utah is the preferred choice for Californians looking for greener pastures. Have you a reference link supporting that?

I posted several yesterday.

Btw, Salt Lake County is far from Conservative. SLC has been a wannabe Portland for years now. Also, only Austin is a leftard bastion in Texas. All the other major metro areas are Conservative. Anything else?

I swear, the stretches people are going to in order to defend the Morons Republic and San Trashcisco. No facts to back any of it up though. I gues we could call that one massively huge Califail.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:39 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,116,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Don't do that. They make a huge effort to find people who do this, and then screw them in every orifice. They want every nickle they think they're entitled to.

This is especially true now that the Federal SALT deduction has been capped. More people are looking to avoid state taxes.

I won't be careless about it. But I don't want to pay 20+ grand in state tax. All the sales and gas tax there I'll be paying ought to be enough.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:42 PM
EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
More like squeezed out by rising housing (and really everything else) prices. Unless you make a lot of money SF is just not affordable.

SF was much worse standard of living wise previously, and people didn't bail. The same here in NYC. What pushes people out in unaffordability.

Why is housing rising? Because stupid laws restricting high rises. Which is what I said. So between the artificially inflated housing pricing and the high taxes people are leaving. I wouldn't live in San Fran for 1,000,000 a year after taxes.

Old 05-10-2019, 06:56 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA View Post
Why is housing rising? Because stupid laws restricting high rises. Which is what I said. So between the artificially inflated housing pricing and the high taxes people are leaving. I wouldn't live in San Fran for 1,000,000 a year after taxes.
I do not think you understand San Francisco. While I agree with you and would not chose to live there I do have some understanding of the place. SF does not wish to be LA or NYC. They do not want unlimited high rise. Some decades ago we tried hard to buy a triplex in Belmont Shores in Long Beach. That was another such area. The big developers wanted to high rise the beach front along Belmont Shores. They did so in downtown Long Beach. But the citizens of Belmont Shores organized and blocked it. So they continue to have a neat beach accessible neighborhood. It has perhaps 25% of the density it would have had with the high rises...but the people who lived there loved it. By the way a number of the bigger houses were subdivided into smaller apartments...so even the less well off lived there.

Everywhere does not have to go the Manhattan route. I was born there and am very fond of the place...but I would never live there. And selecting otherwise is not a grievous fault.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:06 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltman View Post
Cheap housing + low taxes + good paying jobs + crap weather = Houston, TX
"Low taxes" in TX? Did you forget about TX property taxes?

Old 05-10-2019, 08:07 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,614,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
I posted several yesterday.

Btw, Salt Lake County is far from Conservative. SLC has been a wannabe Portland for years now. Also, only Austin is a leftard bastion in Texas. All the other major metro areas are Conservative. Anything else?

I swear, the stretches people are going to in order to defend the Morons Republic and San Trashcisco. No facts to back any of it up though. I gues we could call that one massively huge Califail.
Obviously you didn't look at the 2018 election results in TX. More than just Austin is blue.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:11 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
"Low taxes" in TX? Did you forget about TX property taxes?
compared to alot of places, the taxes in Texas aren't bad at all..... Las Vegas is on the low end for property taxes but they make up for it with auto registration...

Old 05-10-2019, 08:23 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
compared to alot of places, the taxes in Texas aren't bad at all..... Las Vegas is on the low end for property taxes but they make up for it with auto registration...
That is silly. For virtually everyone other than car hobbyists auto registration is very minor.

Old 05-10-2019, 08:35 PM
EA

if you consider ALL taxes a person pays, Texas taxes are actually higher than California for the whole middle class and poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas