Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2020, 08:44 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Northern Nevada did not meet the 14 week downturn in cases but is still opening up. I am wondering if the governor is being pressured.
Don't wonder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2020, 10:14 AM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
It’s going to take awhile. I was living there during the crash. This is very different in my opinion. Vegas is “fun”. There won’t be fun for awhile. I believe only the upper upper class is going to flock to Vegas. The upper middle class(100k a year) or so is definitely feeling the hit and are going to be very careful with money spent.

Old 05-09-2020, 10:22 AM

2,457 posts, read 4,725,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
It’s going to take awhile. I was living there during the crash. This is very different in my opinion. Vegas is “fun”. There won’t be fun for awhile. I believe only the upper upper class is going to flock to Vegas. The upper middle class(100k a year) or so is definitely feeling the hit and are going to be very careful with money spent.

Unless your one who creates and lives in your own economy. I predict only the foolish will show up for awhile.

Old 05-09-2020, 11:27 AM

88 posts, read 49,174 times
They're here NOW- "They" meaning the tourist trade. My wife is in charge of (8) AirBnB's. She was preparing for the busiest season ever- EDC, Conventions, general Spring/Summer madness. Then the s*** hit the fan, cancellations galore.

But wait- They're back. MANY were rented for the World Poker tournament, others for those who had planned to come here & didn't want to cancel the trip, but couldn't stay in their Hotel. Even some locals who want to have otherwise "discouraged" gatherings of groups larger than 10. And by that I mean 30-40 partiers, complete with a DJ, jamming in the pool, and enjoying the amenities of a large BnB. With no clean-up afterwards.

Occupancy is now about 75% she tells me. Good that she's working; I make sure she takes all due precautions.

75% NOW- Maybe you can surmise what is going to happen over the course of time,

Unless there is large outbreak in the Valley- I hope not; we're VERY fortunate, or unless you believe that this is going to go on forever.

The best scientific /medical minds seem to state that the solution (vaccine) is a year to 18 months away; there is thought that it might be sooner, let's hope.

Maybe now, those showing up can be considered "the foolish", IME there's an awful lot of fools around, so...

Old 05-09-2020, 11:57 AM

3,475 posts, read 3,280,492 times
Single stand alone stores are reopened right? Just not malls yet. Can someone clarify because I'm not sure on this.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry Lee Gather View Post
Single stand alone stores are reopened right? Just not malls yet. Can someone clarify because I'm not sure on this.
Nevermind found it. I think we can go to Ross and TJ Maxx again now. Looks like the North Premium Outlets reopened today but not the South ones. Container Park is also open. Not all stores have reopened yet either that can.

Quote:
Retailers

Encourage curbside pick-up and online shopping
Not allowed to exceed more than 50% of store occupancy based on applicable fire code
Open-air malls can reopen with strict guidelines
Indoor malls can reopen but only with curbside pick-up in place, shoppers are not allowed inside
Businesses must adopt measures put forth by Nevada OSHA

Old 05-09-2020, 12:15 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,360,489 times
Spouse hit the Trader Joes on Ann this morning at 8:30. She is very annoyed. They were ignoring the mature hour and the store was loaded with people. No social distancing or one way aisles and such common in most stores.

The good news is that they had lots of stuff that has not been available elsewhere. Butter, Margarine and pasta to name a few.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Spouse hit the Trader Joes on Ann this morning at 8:30. She is very annoyed. They were ignoring the mature hour and the store was loaded with people. No social distancing or one way aisles and such common in most stores.

The good news is that they had lots of stuff that has not been available elsewhere. Butter, Margarine and pasta to name a few.
Oh wow they stopped limiting people in the store? Last I went two weeks ago they had a line out the door with social distancing markers and they were limiting who came in as people went out. Everyone was wearing masks and they gave us sprays of hand sanitizer as we left.

Booked our Mani/Pedi appointments! I called several places after getting recommendations from locals. One person told me the nail salons weren't doing Pedis yet. They're all booked into next week already but they're all taking Mani/Pedi appointments with no problem. Yay! I had to take the 14th for Three Mani/Pedis: one from me, my Mom and my best friend. We've been doing lots of yard work so I thought I'd treat them. Plus it's Mother's Day tomorrow.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojavedxer View Post
Unless your one who creates and lives in your own economy. I predict only the foolish will show up for awhile.
I agree. That’s what I was getting at. But I still think the “elite” will show up.

Old 05-09-2020, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post

Pasta had a shortage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas