Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2020, 12:02 PM

8,422 posts, read 4,593,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ND_Irish View Post
First, your arrogant concluding sentence implies we need a father figure for governor. I certainly do not need one, and I suspect most sensible Nevadans feel the same way.

Well you're sure acting like a child. Did you ever win that argument when you were a kid? The "I act like a child because you treat me like one/I treat you like a child because you act like one" argument.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:06 PM

85 posts, read 63,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Well you're sure acting like a child. Did you ever win that argument when you were a kid? The "I act like a child because you treat me like one/I treat you like a child because you act like one" argument.

Do you need someone to tell you how to live?

Old 06-27-2020, 12:11 PM

335 posts, read 188,743 times
So seat belts only reduce death by 45%. Where is the outrage and inconvenience about that. Why stop at masks? Let's protest any inconvenience imposed on us. Along with drinking and driving.

https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe...ng%20a%20crash.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:12 PM

26,248 posts, read 49,150,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Allen View Post
Isn't that why a lot of people go to church and send their kids to Sunday School?
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:14 PM

8,422 posts, read 4,593,260 times
Quote:

Not at all. but people who can't see the greater good seem to need it. I suggest you choose your battles and focus on worthwhile ones.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Isn't that why a lot of people go to church and send their kids to Sunday School?
Ironically, church people are the absolute worst.
Go talk to any restaurant worker about the church crowd on sundays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose998 View Post
So seat belts only reduce death by 45%. Where is the outrage and inconvenience about that. Why stop at masks? Let's protest any inconvenience imposed on us. Along with drinking and driving.

I am against seat belt laws. I wear a seat belt.

We have 6 million wrecks a year. Instead of mandating seat belts, why not teach people how to drive?
If Suzie Q doesn't know how to drive does a seat belt help her not crash into another car?
Nope. It helps her dumbass live to do it again.

I LOVE all the safety stuff in cars these days. This is why I have a late model car. I wanted crumple zones and air bags and engineering in my car. But I would trade it all for a properly educated driving populous.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:43 PM

779 posts, read 473,881 times
Quote:
Ironically, church people are the absolute worst.
Go talk to any restaurant worker about the church crowd on sundays.

I am against seat belt laws. I wear a seat belt.

We have 6 million wrecks a year. Instead of mandating seat belts, why not teach people how to drive?
If Suzie Q doesn't know how to drive does a seat belt help her not crash into another car?
Nope. It helps her dumbass live to do it again.

I LOVE all the safety stuff in cars these days. This is why I have a late model car. I wanted crumple zones and air bags and engineering in my car. But I would trade it all for a properly educated driving populous.
We do teach people how to drive.

I'm fine with no seat belt laws. But then you can be liable for all your medical bills.

You see, other people's actions have consequences. People who don't wear seat belts cost us a lot of money because they are off the hook financially in general. Same will go for those who infect others with CV19.

I'm all for your rights and liberties. Then start paying the true cost of them.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:46 PM

NO we do not teach people how to drive. We have people memorize some signs, and then go down the street.

Germany teaches people how to drive. They spend 2 weeks or more testing and it costs 2 grand to do.

Old 06-27-2020, 12:58 PM

779 posts, read 473,881 times
Quote:
NO we do not teach people how to drive. We have people memorize some signs, and then go down the street.

Germany teaches people how to drive. They spend 2 weeks or more testing and it costs 2 grand to do.
Okay. And then you ignore the important points I made about your response.

And your picture of the people in PPE.... yeah, that's in a lab. And probably for another virus.

Regardless, to think that if you don't take PPE to the nth degree that it won't help is a fallacy. It's like wearing a condom for STD's..... far from perfect, but it works.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post

I'm fine with no seat belt laws. But then you can be liable for all your medical bills.
Isn't this the point of having insurance? I think people should be liable for themselves period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
You see, other people's actions have consequences. People who don't wear seat belts cost us a lot of money because they are off the hook financially in general. Same will go for those who infect others with CV19.

I'm all for your rights and liberties. Then start paying the true cost of them.

So if I am driving down the street and someone hits me, you're saying that if I don't wear a seatbelt I'm off the hook? How so? How is it costing you money?

If you're worried about catching the virus, and you know people are out there with the virus, and you willingly go outside with those people, aren't you responsible for that?
You could, you know, stay home and NOT catch the virus.

I don't care about the virus. Why can I not go out where it is and do my life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas