Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 11:15 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I know you mean 'hear' and not 'here', but here is something we all heard:

Dr. Anthony Fauci on 60 Minutes.
From the same interview:

So it is really not so simple.
Oops.

Weird side fact, when my husband died unexpectedly I developed the habit of typing phonetically. NEVER used to make those mistakes before. It's my own weird version of PTSD. It's been a decade, and it has definitely improved, but still. I go back and read some of my posts and cringe.

Anyway, this is a novel situation and the science changes rapidly. Right now the best advice is to wear a mask.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2020, 11:16 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
I found the link in 2 seconds.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2020836

Plus, statistica has us right at the top as well as of 6/21 and we've exploded since then.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...e-us-by-state/

But don't worry, you won't believe it anyway.
Nope. You don't have a link to that chart. Did you spend even a little time reading the articles on the links you just posted? If you had, you would have seen that the statista.com numbers are different from the chart in question.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Plus, statistica has us right at the top as well as of 6/21
Nope again. Not in the top 4.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:20 AM

779 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Nope. You don't have a link to that chart. Did you spend even a little time reading the articles on the links you just posted? If you had, you would have seen that the statista.com numbers are different from the chart in question.
Oh, sorry, I linked something else, peppy for a diff thread. Mikala posted it. So, yep.

https://rt.live/

There ya go.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:21 AM

779 posts, read 472,555 times
Quote:
Nope again. Not in the top 4.

Lol, but Top 5. And as I stated, this is most recently from 6/21. We are top 4 now. LMAO.

Deny, deny, deny when prevented with facts.

Your trope is so predictable.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:22 AM

335 posts, read 187,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I live in Nevada and am very happy that masks are mandated. The sooner we all cooperate the sooner the virus will be behind us. I have asthma and when the mask gets to be too much I go home. We are all in this together.
Same here. People just need to suck it up, pun intended, and realize the sooner we all follow the rules we can get back to normal. You can't argue with countries data that followed mask wearing. I've never seen so many people concerned with CO2 before. You would think they would stop driving cars and eating cows to help with the problem!

Old 06-26-2020, 11:22 AM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
The obligation to wear a mask does not infringe on the former, and helps prevent the latter.
That's your opinion. Will you take responsibility should someone get ill from having worn a mask due to contamination from unclean hands? Will you insist on a glove requirement next? How about a hand sanitizing requirement for all of those who touch their masks constantly either out of habit or having to constantly adjust them? Look, we get it. Your responses make it clear you consider yourself to be in a higher-risk demographic, and you expect the rest of society to do things which are not scientifically proven to make you feel better about leaving your house. I hope all of you on this forum as well as those in the public health community insisting on masks will also show the same amount of enthusiasm for lifestyle modifications which would greatly minimize the chronic diseases which have led to this virus becoming an acute health problem for so many people. A mask in certain respects is representative of the "pill for every ill" mentality which many seem to have.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Right now the best advice is to wear a mask.
I think so too, but
1) A mask can be mildly to severely dangerous for those with asthma, COPD, or other breathing problems and
2) 99% of the public does not know how to wear a mask correctly and
3) Many people use homemade masks that have little benefit.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhuff80 View Post
Lol, but Top 5. And as I stated, this is most recently from 6/21. We are top 4 now. LMAO.

Deny, deny, deny when prevented with facts.

Your trope is so predictable.
Deny, deny, deny because you were wrong, wrong, wrong as you just admitted. Look up the word 'trope' so you will know how to use it in the future.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:29 AM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Serious question here.

Are you truly ignorant of the reason to wear a mask -- to capture micro-droplets you expel from your mouth & nose on which the virus rides like surfer on a wave -- or are you just being stubborn?

You wear a mask for the same reason a baby has a diaper on its butt. To capture that over which neither you nor the baby have control.

BTW, I'm a big fan of 1970 GTXs.

Where is the randomized controlled study or a study in a lab (no computer models)? Let me guess. You fully expect randomized controlled studies for potential therapeutics, even drugs which have been around for decades, but despite the discussion of masks for months, we have yet to see one conclusive randomized controlled study let alone rigorous studies in labs which conclusively prove masks do what you claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas