Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 11:33 AM

848 posts, read 648,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
Are you truly ignorant about why you must wear a mask? Or are you just being stubborn?

There's an active thread on such conspiracy theory nonsense elsewhere on C-D where all the nutjobs gather. You'll find kindred spirits there.

This is a fine example of gaslighting.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:38 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
I think so too, but
1) A mask can be mildly to severely dangerous for those with asthma, COPD, or other breathing problems and
2) 99% of the public does not know how to wear a mask correctly and
3) Many people use homemade masks that have little benefit.

So your stance is the American public is too stupid to learn how to wear a mask correctly?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2020, 11:42 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
So your stance is the American public is too stupid to learn how to wear a mask correctly?
No, just uninformed.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose998 View Post
Same here. People just need to suck it up, pun intended, and realize the sooner we all follow the rules we can get back to normal. You can't argue with countries data that followed mask wearing. I've never seen so many people concerned with CO2 before. You would think they would stop driving cars and eating cows to help with the problem!
I am always amazed by the liberals on here. Let's look at some countries which I am sure you all revere, or revered in the past, and let's see what their thoughts on masks are. I believe Sisolak would consider them to be irresponsible based on his obnoxious comments from a couple nights ago.

Denmark

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona-eng/faq

See question 5 under Other questions:

"The Danish Health Authority does not encourage healthy individuals who go about their daily business to wear mouth or face masks as it is uncertain that they have any effect on virus transmission."

Norway

https://www.fhi.no/en/op/novel-coron...-of-face-masks

"Based on the current epidemiological situation, the Norwegian Institute of Public Health considers that there is no scientific basis for recommending the general use of face masks in the population."

Finland

https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-dis...virus-pandemic

"The Government will not issue a general recommendation on the use of face masks."

"There is no evidence that the extensive use of masks by healthy people will help reduce infections."

Sweden

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/...trol/covid-19/

"Face masks are not needed in everyday life. The best way to protect oneself and others is to keep at a distance from other people and to maintain good hand hygiene."

Old 06-26-2020, 11:56 AM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
There is clearly no consensus among experts. How can anyone object if non-experts disagree?

Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 AM

34 posts, read 21,667 times
LVMPD Foundation has LVMPD face masks. If you want to support the police, that is...

I just ordered mine.

https://lvmpdfoundation.org/product/lvmpd-face-mask/

Old 06-26-2020, 11:57 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJUSN View Post
I am the youngest of 23 employees at my job at 32, mostly men. For the most part, the older people here hate the masks and think the whole thing is overblown while the younger people think it is common sense to wear a mask and are taking the situation seriously. This baffles me because the older people here are the ones that should be taking it more serious, especially considering that most of them are overweight and several have diabetes. My wife says she sees a similar thing out in public; the people she sees most often without masks are older men.

In my area, most of the unmasked hordes are all younger people and families. Most of the older people are all covered.

Old 06-26-2020, 11:59 AM

By the way, what are the metrics for ending the mask mandate in Nevada? I read the latest edict, and it appears to be indefinite. It's just more arbitrary and capricious decision-making from the virtue-signaling governor.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:05 PM

Quote:
There is clearly no consensus among experts. How can anyone object if non-experts disagree?
Exactly. Furthermore, if this was all about solving problems and arriving at the truth scientifically, then why haven't rigorous scientific studies been done months ago regarding the efficacy of masks? Also, why doesn't Nevada try to determine how pervasive COVID-19 really is by doing serology tests like other states with Democratic governors have done especially given the latest CDC pronouncement that the number of cases is likely ten times higher than what is reported?

Old 06-26-2020, 12:07 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
No, just uninformed.
Perhaps, but they can receive information and be informed quite easily.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas