Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2020, 12:46 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Is your position oh well it's a virus just let it run its course though the population you live great you die that's life-until we have a better treatments or vaccine?
I disagree with your statement that there are not better treatments at this time. Given that deaths are staying extremely low on a daily basis as well as daily COVID-19 ICU bed and ventilator usage, it is practically a given that clinicians have found better treatments for COVID-19 patients.

Based on the latest available data, the virus should be allowed to run its course for several reasons. First, the IFR is nowhere near as high as what was claimed by health authorities at the beginning of this mess. The CDC now claims the number of COVID-19 cases is likely ten times higher than the number of cases reported. That's a good thing and would dramatically decrease the IFR. Second, by allowing younger, healthier people to be exposed, it hastens herd immunity. That is good for older people and those with underlying health conditions. That's not just my opinion; that is an opinion expressed by Dr. David Katz, a public health expert, whose video interview with Bill Maher I posted previously. Here it is again in case you have not viewed it:

https://youtu.be/Lze-rMYLf2E

Finally, shutting down economies and destroying people's lives based on the whims of individuals never should happen again. At some point, hopefully soon, some scientists will begin to determine how many deaths were unnecessarily caused by the COVID-19 lockdowns. I assume you realize that the vast majority of deaths in Nevada and across the United States is still the result of other causes, not COVID-19. In fact, as I stated in a prior post, there is a potential argument to be made that the excess deaths seen earlier this year, which were attributed to COVID-19, were due to government policy in certain states related to nursing homes and locking people inside their homes in cities and states which are densely populated.

As Dr. Katz points out in the video above, this really should serve as a wake-up call to many Americans to improve their health so easily avoidable chronic health problems caused by a lifetime of poor lifestyle habits do not lead to acute health problems like the one caused by COVID-19.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:50 PM

6,385 posts, read 11,891,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I emphatically reject your narrative as completely false.
BTW I live in a State that does NOT require masks, and no one wears them, and our cases have been crashing for weeks. Last I checked there were only approximately 900 cases in the whole State. And let's face it, the number of cases is probably grossly exaggerated in the first place.
How are the number of cases exaggerated? Those are only confirmed by a test. Probably 5x to 10x of the cases are not reported because infected persons weren't tested.

Old 06-26-2020, 12:53 PM

335 posts, read 187,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
How are the number of cases exaggerated? Those are only confirmed by a test. Probably 5x to 10x of the cases are not reported because infected persons weren't tested.
So you must live in a place where there is a low population and that, by default, helps with social distancing. I'm guessing you don't live in CA with 40 million people?

Old 06-26-2020, 12:55 PM

848 posts, read 648,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I emphatically reject your narrative as completely false.
BTW I live in a State that does NOT require masks, and no one wears them, and our cases have been crashing for weeks. Last I checked there were only approximately 900 cases in the whole State. And let's face it, the number of cases is probably grossly exaggerated in the first place.

Speaking of numerical disparities, let's see if the mainstream media updates us on the latest COVID-19 hospital data in Arizona today. For those who have abandoned critical thinking in the midst of the latest hysteria, you might want to take a look at the attached graphs from ADHS today which don't paint quite the grim picture we were hearing earlier. And I am afraid mandated local mask usage is not going to explain this either. Those who are questioning narrative and policy have every right to do so especially when new data slowly appears which calls things into question.
Attached Thumbnails
Face covering's now mandatory in Las Vegas in all public places.-screenshot_2020-06-26-azdhs-covid-19   Face covering's now mandatory in Las Vegas in all public places.-screenshot_2020-06-26-azdhs-covid-19   Face covering's now mandatory in Las Vegas in all public places.-screenshot_2020-06-26-azdhs-covid-19   Face covering's now mandatory in Las Vegas in all public places.-screenshot_2020-06-26-azdhs-covid-19  

Old 06-26-2020, 12:59 PM

3,092 posts, read 1,948,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Just not true. Florida confirmed over 9000 new cases yesterday, an astonishing number. True fact. Not fake news. Masks limit the spew of airborne wet molecules with the virus riding shotgun.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

911 active cases in NH, where masks are not required and most often, not worn. And like I said, that 911 number is probably bogusly inflated so the hospitals can get their blood money from the globalists.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:13 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,580,400 times
The oxygen argument is a little weird when you consider the same people argue that the virus is too small to be trapped by a mask. Do you know what is a lot smaller then a virus? An oxygen molecule.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:17 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,701 times
This video confirms my own suspicions. When I wear a mask, I feel slightly lightheaded. I do think the lady in the CNN video at the beginning is being a little over dramatic, but she is right that the mask mandate needs to go. There is no way I can work at a job with this mask mandate. Living on unemployment is not sustainable for the long term.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFuBHq1eCiE&t=367s

Old 06-26-2020, 01:17 PM

335 posts, read 187,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
The oxygen argument is a little weird when you consider the same people argue that the virus is too small to be trapped by a mask. Do you know what is a lot smaller then a virus? An oxygen molecule.
Quit making so much sense! You know basic science.

Old 06-26-2020, 01:21 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,882,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
And do you know how the virus is transmitted? Water droplets.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 06-26-2020, 01:21 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,032,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Just not true. Florida confirmed over 9000 new cases yesterday, an astonishing number. True fact. Not fake news. Masks limit the spew of airborne wet molecules with the virus riding shotgun.
I see just 5004. My data are here. I suppose it depends where you look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas