Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2020, 03:02 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie the heartbreaker View Post
I tried to be positive on this, but my face shields have arrived and I have assembled them. While I can breathe perfectly through them, they are uncomfortable. I cannot see very well through them and I get a constant plastic smell when I breathe. The little face masks are even worse as I have problems breathing through them. I do not have a job anymore, so all I have to do is go grocery shopping. I can handle the face shield for 10 minutes to do that, but I could never handle wearing a mask or shield all day at work. I am coming to accept that I will not make it much longer and will wind up being a casualty. The writing is on the wall for me.

That is one of the things I was afraid of with the plastic face shields, having to smell them while wearing them. Odors of most things really bother me. Then, if you can't see, it's almost like wearing a cloth face mask and wearing glasses, can't see because of them fogging up. I wonder if you could clean them and put some kind of nice scent on them, like cinnamon or vanilla. Even rub a cut lemon on it somewhere. Better than smelling plastic. Yuck.

Old 06-26-2020, 03:08 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,296,262 times
I thought of a nice fresh new idea for a face mask. It would say F U Sisolak on it. Although the words might be spelled out. Would any of you dare to wear it? If on a plastic face shield, you could cover where it shows "plastic face shield" and put that on it. I might be joking, but I might not be. I was tempted, that's for sure. Those of us with breathing issues while wearing the masks, do pretty well without the masks. For what it's worth, our HOA just informed us all that we would have to wear face masks while in the pool area. I guess now we have to swim with them on? I think not.

Old 06-26-2020, 06:21 AM

57 posts, read 91,381 times
I am the youngest of 23 employees at my job at 32, mostly men. For the most part, the older people here hate the masks and think the whole thing is overblown while the younger people think it is common sense to wear a mask and are taking the situation seriously. This baffles me because the older people here are the ones that should be taking it more serious, especially considering that most of them are overweight and several have diabetes. My wife says she sees a similar thing out in public; the people she sees most often without masks are older men.

Last edited by TJUSN; 06-26-2020 at 06:31 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 07:04 AM

504 posts, read 599,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJUSN View Post
I am the youngest of 23 employees at my job at 32, mostly men. For the most part, the older people here hate the masks and think the whole thing is overblown while the younger people think it is common sense to wear a mask and are taking the situation seriously. This baffles me because the older people here are the ones that should be taking it more serious, especially considering that most of them are overweight and several have diabetes. My wife says she sees a similar thing out in public; the people she sees most often without masks are older men.
Yeah the ones that usually don’t wear them in LV are overweight/obese older folk.

If they Find masks uncomfortable, they prob will find ventilators even more so

Old 06-26-2020, 07:21 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
New Hanpshire motto: “Live free or die”
The obligation to wear a mask does not infringe on the former, and helps prevent the latter.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:25 AM

10,609 posts, read 5,657,027 times
Look what happened when "The Great White Wall of Face Masks" went up in Taiwan:

https://postimg.cc/vDNbNHgr

Last edited by RationalExpectations; 06-26-2020 at 08:13 AM..

Old 06-26-2020, 07:32 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
^^^
I think he meant only peer reviewed, controlled studies that support his view. Shame on you.

Old 06-26-2020, 07:59 AM

6 posts, read 11,435 times
My problem is we are in a northern county of 24k people that has had a grand total of 12 confirmed cases since this virus started. Yet as usual, we have to abide by what goes on in Clark county.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:08 AM

6 posts, read 11,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josie_67 View Post
WooooooW, so my 87 yr old grandmother has to earn your respect? I think not. Even a dog is due respect, and as people it shouldn't be hard at any time to respect those around you in the least amount. Earn respect, I declare. Entitled issues much?! You do know what communital spread is correct? WEAR the damn mask! It shows respect to others health and concerns regardless of your "liberties" and what you want to look like. Selfish is what that's called. Inconsiderate!
If you are wearing a mask, you have nothing to worry about, right? Same for anyone else. Let me have to freedom to decide if I want to take the chance on contracting a virus with a VERY low mortality rate.

Old 06-26-2020, 08:14 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,581,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventyGTX View Post
If you are wearing a mask, you have nothing to worry about, right? Same for anyone else. Let me have to freedom to decide if I want to take the chance on contracting a virus with a VERY low mortality rate.

Since wearing a mask protects people around you and not really you, what you are saying is you want the freedom to decide if you harm other people or not. Great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas