Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2016, 11:19 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Thank you, but I was by no means ripped in the second picture. I got an Inbody 520 body fat test (98% accurate), and I was 161.8 pounds in the picture with 18.6% body fat. That is still too high. The machine said I need to lose 6.8 pounds of body fat to be at my ideal shape. That will be 155 pounds. Yesterday, I got a new Inbody test, and I have lost 3.8 more pounds of body fat, and the machine says I only have 3.1 pounds more to go to be in ideal shape! That will happen within the next 2 weeks, and I will be at around 14% body fat. Still not completely shredded, but more than lean enough for me. I will slowly reverse diet once I get there. I am now comfortably fitting into 30 inch waist pants which I find to be awesome since I had gotten up to 38 inch pants at my worst, and they were getting way too tight!

I love to inspire others. You can do it my friend.

Thanks again. I am sorry you had to meet that wasted, drunk mess at the meetup. I was already wasted before Macgeek even picked me up. If we met again, it would blow your mind on how much different I am now. Sometimes I read my former posts and I end up in disgust. I am genuinely a nice person now, with no anger issues anymore. By the way, no worries on the mod edit of my last post. I suspected after I posted it that it might not be allowed.

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I really should have clarified in the beginning what I am doing. I am only following the extreme keto diet to get to my goal weight. I do not plan on eating this way forever. Once I hit my goal weight of 155, I am going to keep the core principals of the keto diet, but am going to add fruits and vegatables to prevent further weight loss and to enhance my health. I do thank you both for the concern as eating the way I have been while dieting would not be healthy for a lifelong diet.

I am very glad it has worked for you, but I actually feel worse on the diet. I have only done it to lose fat. Still, I have managed to kill my candy and ice cream addiction which I never thought would be possible. I never had a candy and ice cream addiction until I quit drinking. As soon as I quit drinkin, I became obsessed with sugar. Strange, I know. For the record, I am going to be transitioning into more of a paleo diet.

One last thing I would like to address is vegetarians. I absolutely admire them as I love animals so much, and feel so guilty for eating meat. I did try multiple times in the past to become one, but I got sick each time and eventually gave up. I really do not think it was the absence of meat that did it. It was the absence of money LOL. My keto diet runs me $25 a week or less since I get $2 a pound 73% ground beef and $3 a pound cheese. It costs more money to do a vegetarian diet properly and funds have always been an issue with me unfortunately. I barely make anything at my job since I now work only part time, and have supplemented a little with forex to at least get by. I am still poor though, making less than $25,000 a year, which is the main reason Ashley left me as she wanted me to be able to support a family in the future. I have been playing with scared money so that is why I make such small forex trades.

That will be all.
You are clearly on the right track for you. Congrats. Different body types respond differently to diets.
If fat deposits are mostly below the waist a low carb diet is not the way to go.
But if the fat deposits are above the waist low carb diets work great.

Old 07-29-2016, 11:46 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,296,361 times
I still say eating vegetarian isn't expensive. I definitely don't spend much at the store each week.

I'm in Vegas this weekend for the Duran Duran show. Drove up from Phoenix and stopped at Hoover Dam yesterday. Holy mother, it was so hot there. I love the heat but even I was seeking out shade and air conditioning. We started to walk around and I was actually the one to say oh heck no! I know the Colorado River basin is warmer anyway, then all that concrete! Phew!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 05:05 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.

I read over 50%.

Old 07-30-2016, 12:30 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Hey Pinkstring,

I noticed they are opening an organic food joint where our old Fresh & Easy used to be. It's not a Trader Joes, but definitely better than some of the other options.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:56 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
I just found out about it tonight. Natural Grocers is the name. I think it's a lot like Whole Foods, with high prices according to someone I know in Denver that shops there. They are also putting one in Henderson in another old Fresh and Easy store. I noticed a lot of activity at the Simmons location a few weeks back and got all excited, thinking it was a Trader joes. While I still like the idea of a natural foods store, I don't want higher prices so feel a little let down. We will see.

Someone* said the Trader Joes is going to be at Centennial Center/95 in the old Fresh and easy location there. Still not as close as we would like, but closer than their other locations. (*a store employee at a different location)

And Sprouts is coming to Aliante next year. I hope it is actually IN Aliante and not near it pretending they are in it like some other businesses like to do.

Burlington Coat factory should be opening soon down at part of the old Target store on Craig. The Harbor Freight store just opened a week or two ago on Craig/MLK. Looks like some revitalization is going on down there. That area really needs it.

Old 07-30-2016, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
I just found out about it tonight. Natural Grocers is the name. I think it's a lot like Whole Foods, with high prices according to someone I know in Denver that shops there. They are also putting one in Henderson in another old Fresh and Easy store. I noticed a lot of activity at the Simmons location a few weeks back and got all excited, thinking it was a Trader joes. While I still like the idea of a natural foods store, I don't want higher prices so feel a little let down. We will see.

Someone* said the Trader Joes is going to be at Centennial Center/95 in the old Fresh and easy location there. Still not as close as we would like, but closer than their other locations. (*a store employee at a different location)

And Sprouts is coming to Aliante next year. I hope it is actually IN Aliante and not near it pretending they are in it like some other businesses like to do.

Burlington Coat factory should be opening soon down at part of the old Target store on Craig. The Harbor Freight store just opened a week or two ago on Craig/MLK. Looks like some revitalization is going on down there. That area really needs it.
The fewer boarded up business locations, the better. I haven't been home much in the last few months ( 5 or so days since March, one or two at a time ) but it looks like things are looking up. I went into the new Ross by my Dad's place ( by Winco ). It's small, but pretty nice. It was extremely busy. I didn't go into the Ulta next door. I like Ulta, but it's been so freakin hot that all I want to do is crawl under a fan and lie as still as possible.

Old 07-31-2016, 02:52 AM

2,086 posts, read 6,848,852 times
Sprouts is awesome.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,324,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I read over 50%.

I don't know if I'm right about genes being over 50%.

I know someone who still has high cholesterol despite watching what she eats. I don't recall if she takes medicine for it. I can eat horribly and not get high cholesterol.

Thanks for the rep, whoever gave it.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:30 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.-tijlover

I don't know if I'm right about genes being over 50%.-curiousgeorge5

I know someone who still has high cholesterol despite watching what she eats. I don't recall if she takes medicine for it. I can eat horribly and not get high cholesterol.

I think you're pretty much right on, curiousgeorge5. I have always heard that genes play a big part - it's proven and it's well-known. They have you fill out those medical history forms at the doctor's office - and notice, they ask you about your medical history, right?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
One's genes play a big part in your health habits.-tijlover

I don't know if I'm right about genes being over 50%.-curiousgeorge5

I think you're pretty much right on, curiousgeorge5. I have always heard that genes play a big part - it's proven and it's well-known. They have you fill out those medical history forms at the doctor's office - and notice, they ask you about your medical history, right?
It's just that they never read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas