Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 06:04 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times

Advertisements

what is clear wimax?? anyhow another update... been here just over a week...friends flew in... ive applied at wallymart, target, costco, lenscrafters, and discount tire works.. like i said before, ill grab the first thing i can get, and then worry about something better later... interview for lab tech tomorrow for lenscrafters.... (fingers crossed)----

and by the way... what the heck is up with this weather.. i did not bring this from cleveland....lol... ive been told its this way about every 5 yrs..

Old 07-23-2009, 07:47 PM

2,753 posts, read 6,666,553 times
Clear is a wireless high speed (http://www.clear.com/about_clear.php - broken link) internet service. It's only available in Vegas, Atlanta, and Portland right now, but they're going national in a few months.

Best of luck with the job hunting!

Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 AM

203 posts, read 545,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las Vegas drunk View Post
Your posts makes absolutely no sense to me. You said you made 16 dollars an hour, but then you said it was tough to live on. No offense, but you had to be mismanaging your money somehow. I would be ecstatic to make 16 dollars an hour, and would be living quite well on it. I make $9.50 an hour, and still make it just fine so I do not understand this post at all.

OK 9.50 an hour is all you make wonderful for you! my rent was 810 per month my car payment 330 per month my car insurance 120 per month plus utilities and food and gas . ya i had money left over but not much after taxes and insurance was taking home about 510 per week .I lived in las Vegas for about three years and the only people who make less then 10 dollars per hour in las Vegas are the day labors and substance abusers or the very young or just plain stupid. Im guessing your not very motivated to go out and better yourself are you?

Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,998,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
OK 9.50 an hour is all you make wonderful for you! my rent was 810 per month my car payment 330 per month my car insurance 120 per month plus utilities and food and gas . ya i had money left over but not much after taxes and insurance was taking home about 510 per week .I lived in las Vegas for about three years and the only people who make less then 10 dollars per hour in las Vegas are the day labors and substance abusers or the very young or just plain stupid. Im guessing your not very motivated to go out and better yourself are you?
oh look another fine poster...
don't worry lasvegasdrunk, we all know your situation and you are alright in our book... just ignore this uneducated moron. again this person said they used to live in vegas, good that they're gone...

Old 07-24-2009, 01:14 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times
I think "X etc." says those things to discourage more people from moving here, but it's too late for that. 20 years ago would have been the time for it, and a lot (not alot or allot, jeeez how many times must I...oops, sorry, I digress), a lot of us tried to stop the growth but to no avail. Now I just go with the flow. We live in the best city of them all and everyone in the world wants to join us. Nothing we can do about that now.

Since we are a betting bunch, or we wouldn't live in the gambling capital of the world, I'm betting that the economy of Las Vegas turns around by this time next year.

Did anyone see that Amazon bought zappos.com which is based in Las Vegas for a Buzzillion dollars? Did anyone know it was based in Las Vegas and has 1300 employees? Does anyone care?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:01 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,289,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post

and by the way... what the heck is up with this weather.. i did not bring this from cleveland....lol... ive been told its this way about every 5 yrs..
So that's where this yucky humidity came from. Thanks alot! lol

Old 07-24-2009, 03:24 AM

[quote=airics;9922755]oh look another fine poster...
don't worry lasvegasdrunk, we all know your situation and you are alright in our book... just ignore this uneducated moron. again this person said they used to live in vegas, good that they're gone...[/QUOT

Wow airics you know to use spell check good for you tiger. Did you have a point to your attack our you just one of those guys i was talking about? i have seen some of your other posts you seem to have allot of personal problems therapy can help .

Old 07-24-2009, 04:40 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
Here's a crazy thought- if all you're capable of doing for a living is working as a security guard making $16/hour, maybe you shouldn't be living in an $800/month apartment or driving a car with a $330/month payment. Maybe a $500/month apartment and a used car would make live more enjoyable for you.

If people would learn to live within their means, or better themselves to be able to get a better-paying job, maybe they wouldn't **** and moan about how horrible Vegas is. The problem isn't with the town- it's with you not living within your means. It's actually funny that you commented about someone else not being motivated to better himself, when you've got the same issue yourself.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:11 AM

[quote=BobKovacs;9923459]Here's a crazy thought- if all you're capable of doing for a living is working as a security guard making $16/hour, maybe you shouldn't be living in an $800/month apartment or driving a car with a $330/month payment. Maybe a $500/month apartment and a used car would make live more enjoyable for you.

If people would learn to live within their means, or better themselves to be able to get a better-paying job, maybe they wouldn't **** and moan about how horrible Vegas is. The problem isn't with the town- it's with you not living within your means. It's actually funny that you commented about someone else not being motivated to better himself, when you've got the same issue yourself.[/QUOTE

I moved back to Wisconsin got a better job . so i guess i did do something about it i never said in my post anything about las Vegas being horrible .I was talking about what other people expectations where here. All i get is a bunch of las Vegas trolls who's sole job it is to launch personal attacks whenever someone who has something to say negative about this town. Your an site administrator why don't you enforce the rules on personal attacks rather then join in .

Old 07-24-2009, 08:12 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,247,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
Here's a crazy thought- if all you're capable of doing for a living is working as a security guard making $16/hour, maybe you shouldn't be living in an $800/month apartment or driving a car with a $330/month payment. Maybe a $500/month apartment and a used car would make live more enjoyable for you.

If people would learn to live within their means, or better themselves to be able to get a better-paying job, maybe they wouldn't **** and moan about how horrible Vegas is. The problem isn't with the town- it's with you not living within your means. It's actually funny that you commented about someone else not being motivated to better himself, when you've got the same issue yourself.

+1 for you.

You basically said the same thing I was going to say. My rent is $460 INCLUDING utilities. I drive a paid off car with $38 a month for car insurance. If I made what this guy had made, I would have well over a thousand dollars a month left over to do whatever I want with. This guy has no idea how to manage his money whatsoever. No wonder he could not make it in Vegas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas