Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2013, 11:44 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Okay! I am up $30,000 on the online WSOP. I am ready for Vegas! And I am doing well with my virtual Blackjack too!

Yes. And then...the reality sets in. It is so much fun playing, and betting $15,000 in virtual money on a busted flush. In reality, I would have folded. Virtual money...let it ride! I guess I will stick to enjoying my Kindle games. Sigh.

Two weeks! Here I come! I have some flashy tight leopard jeans, gold sandals, really....I am SO looking forward to this trip. All the cute clothes I can't wear here.....long red nails, big bleached blonde hair. Bright red lipstick. I love Vegas!

dm me, WE CD LOCALS will show off!
all, lets get together!!!

Jonathan

Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I think the guy wears some type of soft padded cup. Maybe extra underwear to absorb the blows. Maybe a little drugged up even. Either way, at least he is not entering through someone's window at night.

A co-worker of mine saw the video and told me that there were several of these nut kicking gigs on Fremont. All walks of life. Some people even looked homeless. Lots of people lined up. Getting plowed in the balls is keeping crime down, putting good on tables and keeping people off the streets.

Posted from Qualcomm QCP-2700
I was turning the channel a few months ago and started watching a cop show called Vegas Strip. They had this same thing. The did not seem stoned, maybe he had the extra padding.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:47 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,347,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgeek View Post
dm me, WE CD LOCALS will show off!
all, lets get together!!!

Jonathan
Kewl. A Las Vegas CD MEET UP? I am down for it. We will be there April, 14 to, 17.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:09 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
So SLS stands for Style, Luxury and Service?

Old 03-24-2013, 04:31 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,635,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
So SLS stands for Style, Luxury and Service?

I thought it meant "Sahara's lousy successor"

Jonathan

Old 03-25-2013, 08:15 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Hey there is a thread running on city vs city for Las Vegas versus Boston.

Jump in an let your vote show.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:59 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
A co-worker of mine, taking his handicapped friend to a store one day in North Las Vegas, parked in a handicap spot, told his friend to hang the handicapped sign from the visor, which she did, but it must have fallen down onto the seat, which the officer could have easily spotted. $500 fine!

He went to the NLV courthouse, expecting some mercy, but the clerk told him the city is broke, no mercy for anyone today! She also said: I'm retiring in 2 months, I can't stand this job anymore! We used to be able to cut some slack with the fines, but we're broke!

And even if you take it thru the court process, you pay court costs each time (X3) and even if you've been proven innocent, you're still paying the court costs!

Just a warning to those traversing thru North Las Vegas!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:00 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
A co-worker of mine, taking his handicapped friend to a store one day in North Las Vegas, parked in a handicap spot, told his friend to hang the handicapped sign from the visor, which she did, but it must have fallen down onto the seat, which the officer could have easily spotted. $500 fine!

He went to the NLV courthouse, expecting some mercy, but the clerk told him the city is broke, no mercy for anyone today! She also said: I'm retiring in 2 months, I can't stand this job anymore! We used to be able to cut some slack with the fines, but we're broke!

And even if you take it thru the court process, you pay court costs each time (X3) and even if you've been proven innocent, you're still paying the court costs!

Just a warning to those traversing thru North Las Vegas!
Same here in England Tij. My town centre has swarms of Traffic Wardens looking to ticket people for the smallest offence. Maybe a back tyre touching a line, anything. They are known to stand by a car waiting for the paid parking ticket to expire, then slap a fine on the windshield.

When these people were first employed many years ago, the reason given was to prevent offences like blocking exits, and causing traffic problems. Now it is just revenue raising, and everyone knows it.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:46 PM

23,209 posts, read 29,018,601 times
The real sadness to the police using traffic fines to raise revenue, is all the money spent on fines is money that could have been spent to stimulate the economy, create jobs!

And if everyone stopped driving their cars, what would that accomplish!!! The police would find other ways to raise revenue, posting speed limits on sidewalks for pedestrians? Harassing bicyclists?

My one man protest is taking the bus one night a week to work! And all my current vacations exclude the use of a car, only travel to cities with a good light rail system!

And when a police officer gets shot today, is there any wonder why there's no sympathy!!!

Old 03-26-2013, 07:16 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
and just WHEN is there no sympathy.??????????????

if one is contributing too much to the local POLICE economy, one MIGHT try obeying the laws.

I for one, HAVE been stopped by both METRO and NLV PD's and have received ONE(1) citation in the last 30 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas