Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2018, 11:13 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,874,291 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Why? Everything that has been going on here lately is TAME compared to what you see on other sites!
Wait. There are other sites???

Old 05-13-2018, 12:52 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,598,917 times
Multiple posts have been deleted. All have to do with exchanges with a “returned” member who, apparently, had been banned. It’s not permitted at City Data to create duplicate accounts (to use concurrently or to get around a posting restriction), to troll, to engage with known trolls, or to discuss moderation on the public forum. Please be mindful of these terms. If you have questions about this or other moderator action here, you’re welcome to DM me.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:14 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
Anytime the BS gets too much in here for me, i leave for awhile. Usually a few months to a year. I'm not really gone, since I post in other forums on this site. I come back to the LV forum from time to time to post something or help a newbie moving to the valley.

Here are my thoughts on some things in here lately:

EA-You have a lot of bad luck, because you said before that you more or less hate everyone and everything. Bad luck follows you around, I think you are haunted. Every time you get a car, it gets destroyed. You said it will keep happening. You get what you think about the most. If you think gloom and doom all the time, you will get it. Read "The Secret" "The Power" and books related to that.
I think you are on OK person despite the negative attitude, so don't jump all over me. I am just stating what I see and feel. You can have better luck. You just have to want it. Otherwise, it will keep happening.

Those who do not believe in luck, I do believe in it. We have had some incredibly good things happen with luck. It normally would not just happen out of the blue.

If many of you have to leave this site for whatever reason because of this or that, just do like I do. Leave and come back now and then. And it's funny, because I was just getting ready to leave this forum again for a little while.

Old 05-13-2018, 08:56 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post
Anytime the BS gets too much in here for me, i leave for awhile. Usually a few months to a year. I'm not really gone, since I post in other forums on this site. I come back to the LV forum from time to time to post something or help a newbie moving to the valley.

EA-You have a lot of bad luck, because you said before that you more or less hate everyone and everything. Bad luck follows you around, I think you are haunted. Every time you get a car, it gets destroyed. You said it will keep happening. You get what you think about the most. If you think gloom and doom all the time, you will get it. Read "The Secret" "The Power" and books related to that.
I think you are on OK person despite the negative attitude, so don't jump all over me. I am just stating what I see and feel. You can have better luck. You just have to want it. Otherwise, it will keep happening.

Those who do not believe in luck, I do believe in it. We have had some incredibly good things happen with luck. It normally would not just happen out of the blue.

If many of you have to leave this site for whatever reason because of this or that, just do like I do. Leave and come back now and then. And it's funny, because I was just getting ready to leave this forum again for a little while.
I agree with you Pink 100%. Most would consider my medical issues bad luck, but it was by chance or luck that the Aneurysm was found and I had the surgery, otherwise most likely I would not be here today. Everything happens for a reason.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:42 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkString View Post

The thing is, I am not all doom and gloom. I've actually been in a great mood lately. Things were going very well. My bills all get paid on time. I have extra money. I have 2 businesses and one is taking off.

I was an extremely happy child and even teenager. I didn't start getting grumpy until AFTER life started screwing me constantly. And even then, I keep on pushing forward and making things happen. I learn from my mistakes. I stopped making all the financial mistakes I was making before. I just learned new lesson. Keep cash on hand because banks can't be trusted.
I already learned to keep as much insurance as I can afford on my vehicles.

You guys in here get a TINY sliver of how I am. You don't know me. I speak my mind and have strong opinions so you think I'm just a disgruntled jerk. I'm not, at all. I'll have to do my best to come to the next meet up.
Yes, I do complain. But I do so in a cathartic manner. I say something about what is going on and get over it. I don't let things build up like most people do. I'm willing to bet I have less stress than everyone here despite all the crap I deal with.
Even with all the crap I am making it. I'm well on my way to becoming a millionaire. I'll probably get hit by a plane when that happens, lol, but it's going to happen.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:48 PM

sure.......

Old 05-13-2018, 09:49 PM
EA

6,791 posts, read 7,120,926 times
Think whatever you want. Your opinion of me is irrelevant to my life.

Old 05-13-2018, 09:50 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,715,354 times
Damn, dude. Good to hear that. Keep the attitude on a positive side and give 'em hell.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:31 AM

496 posts, read 366,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
I agree with you Pink 100%. Most would consider my medical issues bad luck, but it was by chance or luck that the Aneurysm was found and I had the surgery, otherwise most likely I would not be here today. Everything happens for a reason.
If you think you have bad luck, think of the millions of people worse off than you.

Old 05-14-2018, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
If you think you have bad luck, think of the millions of people worse off than you.
I was referring to having good luck, if the aneurysm wouldn’t have been found by chance, I’d be dead most likely. I am very fortunate to be here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas