Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 08:58 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,061,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
How'd ya like your rental Toyota Camry? I rented a 2009 white Toyota Camry on my trip to Seattle in 2009. Found it to be Toyota boring and predictable. Wow, you really put on the miles!

Did ya hit up Crater Lake while you were near Medford in southern Oregon? Beautiful deep blue lake!
I did Crater Lake on a previous trip!

Bear in mind, I own a 1985 Toyota Supra, which I won't take on long trips, so I rent a car for my road trips, and it's always an adjustment to go from such a low tech/gadget car to these space vehicles today.

The seat belt alarms drive me crazy! You take off the belt to get something in the back seat and the alarm goes off!

Leaving Reno, the Check Engine light went on, and stayed on for the rest of the trip. I checked the fluids, it wasn't that! But what was it, if only the computer would spell it out! Very irksome! When I turned the car in, the clerk said that if the car even needs an oil change, that light can go on!

I find it a pain the butt to drive these new cars today, all those buttons on the steering wheel. I accidentally pressed one and the car slowed down!

I reserved a full-sized car, and when I showed up at Enterprise, they said they had no full-size, but they'd upgrade me to a new Ford FLX, dual cab pick-up or a Toyota RAV SUV, and I wasn't interested in either. They said the Camry needed to be cleaned first, but I told them I'll take it clean or dirty! And great gas mileage!

Always glad to be back with my old Toyota, and will keep that vehicle going until I die!

Old 08-22-2015, 01:01 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
Nothing wrong with having an older rig that you like. Now that the unintended acceleration flaws of Toyota are behind them they are back on track (never really slowed down too much in sales) and rolling along nicely as a carmaker.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:26 AM

119 posts, read 95,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Nothing wrong with having an older rig that you like. Now that the unintended acceleration flaws of Toyota are behind them they are back on track (never really slowed down too much in sales) and rolling along nicely as a carmaker.
My old Toyota has pulled that acceleration thing on me a couple of times. I can handle it. I've driven worse cars.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:38 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,503,165 times
I like the Scion xA and Scion tC and the Scion FR-S and even the little Toyota Yaris. But I drive a 2011 Kia Soul 5-speed stick base with clear white paint and love it. Strictly imports for me, yes.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:00 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,570,019 times
Just got stuck in traffic for over an hour and couldn't even get back to my house. Freakin obama cruising around henderson forcing road closures.

Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 PM

12,908 posts, read 28,004,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I did Crater Lake on a previous trip!

Bear in mind, I own a 1985 Toyota Supra, which I won't take on long trips, so I rent a car for my road trips, and it's always an adjustment to go from such a low tech/gadget car to these space vehicles today.

The seat belt alarms drive me crazy! You take off the belt to get something in the back seat and the alarm goes off!

Leaving Reno, the Check Engine light went on, and stayed on for the rest of the trip. I checked the fluids, it wasn't that! But what was it, if only the computer would spell it out! Very irksome! When I turned the car in, the clerk said that if the car even needs an oil change, that light can go on!

I find it a pain the butt to drive these new cars today, all those buttons on the steering wheel. I accidentally pressed one and the car slowed down!

I reserved a full-sized car, and when I showed up at Enterprise, they said they had no full-size, but they'd upgrade me to a new Ford FLX, dual cab pick-up or a Toyota RAV SUV, and I wasn't interested in either. They said the Camry needed to be cleaned first, but I told them I'll take it clean or dirty! And great gas mileage!

Always glad to be back with my old Toyota, and will keep that vehicle going until I die!
Don't kid yourself.. those Supra's were awesome in the day........ Love that car.... Few models new came the twin turbo.... now that was a car!!! My favorite was the Subaru SVX in the early 90s.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unf0rgiven6262 View Post
Just got stuck in traffic for over an hour and couldn't even get back to my house. Freakin obama cruising around henderson forcing road closures.
Let's hope he's not staying over for the night! I just finished a book on the Secret Service. Didn't realize it, if, say Obama, were to stay over for the night at, say, the Bellagio, no one can stay on the floor he's on, nor the floor above or below it! Imagine the cost, for a one night's stay!

And, normally, on these trips, 300 secret service agents come with!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:16 AM

One of the weird-ities of visiting Oregon is there's no sales tax in that state. Oh so weird! Go to McDonald's, order 2 big Mac's for $5, you hand them $6, expecting change, and they shove the $1 back in my hand!

Anyone know of any other state without a state or city sales tax?

Another welcome weird-ity to OR, they have pump attendants to pump your gas! Can't pump your own gas up there! Think of the jobs that could be created by having pump attendants at our gas stations here in Las Vegas!

Old 08-25-2015, 02:27 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times
I love Oregon. I lived there for a time back when I was young and invincible in The Dalles. And a shorter stint in Portland. I have many friends up there.

Sales tax. How about Utah, they tax food there in the grocery stores. For the 6 years we lived there, I could never get used to that.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:20 AM

5,314 posts, read 7,788,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
One of the weird-ities of visiting Oregon is there's no sales tax in that state. Oh so weird! Go to McDonald's, order 2 big Mac's for $5, you hand them $6, expecting change, and they shove the $1 back in my hand!

Anyone know of any other state without a state or city sales tax?

Another welcome weird-ity to OR, they have pump attendants to pump your gas! Can't pump your own gas up there! Think of the jobs that could be created by having pump attendants at our gas stations here in Las Vegas!
Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon are the 5 states without sales tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas