Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 03:45 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I just went out there and it is very nice. I will not be upset unless it starts raining again when I am driving home. I have poor eyesight and can barely see at night as it is. When you add rain, it is downright dangerous for me.
Not to mention the other drivers and pedestrians on your route.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bledsoe3 View Post
Did that promotion from within create another job opening you may be interested in?

Congrats on your KMart job.
It would most likely be a courtesy clerk position which would be $7.25 an hour, the same amount I made at Vons. Not worth it to me right now. Not when Kmart is giving me $1 hour more. Also as the holiday season gets closer I will see big time hour increases. After Christmas I will be 21 and should be able to get into a tipped position on the strip...we'll see

Old 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM

5,779 posts, read 14,569,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Not to mention the other drivers and pedestrians on your route.
I was worried about the big rain last night. My car does not do well in the rain, even worse when the rain is hitting oil slicked roads. I just took my time driving to work last night and didn't have too much of a problem

Old 10-18-2010, 04:43 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,488,320 times

I took this picture of Lamoille Canyon with my BlackBerry Curve as we came down off the mountains. Absolutely beautiful trees up there this morning. I am still in awe of the beauty of Lamoille Canyon right now. Thank you, God!

Old 10-18-2010, 04:50 PM

3,622 posts, read 5,592,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
BTW wanted to say I thought the rain yesterday and this morning (mainly in Summerlin this AM) has been great, and its so cool and comfy outside. The ominous storm clouds yesterday reminded me of Florida. :'(
Sorry about the job, but I'm sure another opportunity will appear soon.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM

515 posts, read 1,179,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdreloc View Post
Junk mail addressed to "occupant" is sent to PO boxes and private mailboxes also.
Perhaps that is true. But, in nearly 20 years of using private mailboxes in quite a few states I have never once had anything delivered to me that did not have my name on it. That's unlike the mailbox out in front of my house which easily gets a pound of "occupant" junk mail a week for things like grocery store flyers and coupon "val-paks."

Old 10-18-2010, 07:19 PM

LVD- I am understanding your drinking to relieve the pain thing fully-completely. My knee, when sober, is killing me with pain. I am probably going to have ta go to the doctor and possibly get an operation. I think I snapped a tendon in my knee falling off a chair at work. Truth be that.

Buy my wife is feeding me vodka laced with orange juice. Ya know what? No more pain! Brother, I understand you completely and know that I pray for your recovery through God. Don't worry, your pain will be lifted soon. God has a plan and it is fully in place.

It took me getting an injury to understand partly what you are going through. Hang in there, bro. I am feeling extreme pleasure rocking out to Foghat's 'It Hurts Me Too'. I am convinced that they are the best rock band in the history of recorded instruments and I urge you all to listen to their YouTube videos. Everyone please listen to their music. Inebriated or not.

Rock on Las Vegans!

And even people from little 'ole Elko, NV!

Last edited by elkotronics; 10-18-2010 at 07:32 PM..

Old 10-18-2010, 09:05 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I have not posted in awhile. Been very busy. Sadly to say I did not get the job at Smith's as they chose to promote from within.

On the upside though I FINALLY got started at KMart and am going to continue doign my pool job on Tuesdays. I put in my two weeks notice for Vons this morning. I couldnt stand it there one more minute

BTW wanted to say I thought the rain yesterday and this morning (mainly in Summerlin this AM) has been great, and its so cool and comfy outside. The ominous storm clouds yesterday reminded me of Florida. :'(
if i remember correctly, you are close to 21.. start applying at the Cosmopolitan.. watch the M's site and lots of us are going to bail in about a month...

Old 10-19-2010, 01:37 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Woke up last night to thunder. sounded like the roof was caving in, it was that loud. It was around 2:30am or so. Figured out it was just the storm so fell back asleep. Didn't rain at all today, but was nice and cool. Aired out the place. Looking forward to cooler weather this week and more rain. Long term forecast, they think next week will be rain too.
Our anniversary is next week so don't care if it rains or snows or blizzards.

Old 10-19-2010, 04:48 AM

Happy Anniversary in advance to you, PinkString!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas