Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2011, 10:32 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,504,856 times

Advertisements

Good for Minnesota...and good for Cantor for standing his ground with Obama yesterday. The borrowing madness has to stop at some point...and when it does, if not now, it will always mean sacrifice and rough times. When everyone is out on the bread lines...things can only get better from there. Some people have been devestated in this recession, but they are a small minority. Most have gone on with their lives just fine.

When the decision to stop spending happens, either at the personal level..or the national level...it is never an easy thing.

Maybe it takes full collapse...for things to get better...and certainly for future generations.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,250,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Good for Minnesota...and good for Cantor for standing his ground with Obama yesterday. The borrowing madness has to stop at some point...and when it does, if not now, it will always mean sacrifice and rough times. When everyone is out on the bread lines...things can only get better from there. Some people have been devestated in this recession, but they are a small minority. Most have gone on with their lives just fine.

When the decision to stop spending happens, either at the personal level..or the national level...it is never an easy thing.

Maybe it takes full collapse...for things to get better...and certainly for future generations.
I agree with you on cutting spending, but innocent people losing their businesses when this is the all the politician's fault is not right either.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM

Pink String might be interested in this:

New farmer's market opens in Downtown Las Vegas - www.ktnv.com

Old 07-14-2011, 05:26 PM

824 posts, read 1,177,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I agree with you on cutting spending, but innocent people losing their businesses when this is the all the politician's fault is not right either.
Time to throw all the bums out of office.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:45 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,949,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavieJ89 View Post
I want to build mass quickly though. I will still do the hard work and have a proper diet, but I want to get big quickly too. I'm sick and tired of being skinny and effeminate looking, I feel unattractive.
I don't know, Davie, but I have 3 daughters and a son. All three daughters LOVE the skinny, effeminate looking guys. Not sure I "get" that, I don't find it unattractive, but it just isn't my type. But, I cannot stand the bulky dude look either. I like a happy medium look. My son is VERY skinny. But, he is one of those "skater boys". I can't wait til that phase passes. He is continually banging himself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I read something very shocking last week: 90% of of interviewers employ emotions to hire people. Source: Bait & Switch/Barbara Ehrenreich.

So there you sit with the greatest resume possible, and if there's no chemistry between you and the interviewer, back to the streets you go! But it can go both ways! Lousy resume, great chemistry, you're hired!
Unfortunately, with online applying, half the time you can't even get to the point of good or bad chemistry!

Old 07-14-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
I don't know, Davie, but I have 3 daughters and a son. All three daughters LOVE the skinny, effeminate looking guys. Not sure I "get" that, I don't find it unattractive, but it just isn't my type. But, I cannot stand the bulky dude look either. I like a happy medium look. My son is VERY skinny. But, he is one of those "skater boys". I can't wait til that phase passes. He is continually banging himself up.
Most, but not all woman want a lean man even if he is skinny. However, they prefer a lean man who is muscular without being to big. The picture below is a good example of what almost all women consider attractive:

When a man gets fat all things change. NO women will look at them, even the fat ones. It is better to be skinny and effeminate than be fat and muscular when it comes to attracting the opposite sex. Of course being fat with no muscle is the absolute worst.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:47 PM

2,557 posts, read 4,569,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post

Unfortunately, with online applying, half the time you can't even get to the point of good or bad chemistry!
Must be the Beiber-mania.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:36 PM

54 posts, read 138,483 times
My 28 year old son is the dirty, skinny boy (5' 11" 128 pounds) and dates models (I think the gals like them a little on the greasy side as well). My older brother (former rugby playing rough dude) just doesn't get it. We came to Las Vegas one time and his girlfriend got invited to some VIP area in a bar at the HardRock just for being pretty, and she asked if she could bring her "friend" then they drank for free all night. My son loves grifting of his girlfriend's looks.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:30 PM

990 posts, read 1,655,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
Most, but not all woman want a lean man even if he is skinny. However, they prefer a lean man who is muscular without being to big. The picture below is a good example of what almost all women consider attractive:

When a man gets fat all things change. NO women will look at them, even the fat ones. It is better to be skinny and effeminate than be fat and muscular when it comes to attracting the opposite sex. Of course being fat with no muscle is the absolute worst.
Women instinctively know that men with six pack abs are virile. And men with big guts are not. All that blubber cuts of the blood supply to the important equipment.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:32 AM

208 posts, read 350,584 times
Good looking is good looking, and ugly is ugly...and its all in the eye of the beholder.

But in my opinion a skinny guy can get away with being lean, and a fat guy can get away with being a big guy...but a guy with scrawny arms, skinny legs, little man boobs and a pus gut is just a mess. Now that I've offended 1/2 the guys over 30 on this forum I will crawl back in my hole
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas