Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2009, 12:15 PM

113 posts, read 239,422 times

Advertisements

Open and active still. Glass half full or half empty?

Last edited by jim carter; 09-02-2009 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:42 PM

37 posts, read 89,112 times
Has anybody been called for Audio/Visual. My app still says OPEN, ACTIVE. Have not been drug tested yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:45 PM

2 posts, read 3,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingImport View Post
Have any of the people who've applied for valet been called yet???
applied for valet (aria) but nothing yet..

Old 09-02-2009, 02:25 PM

3 posts, read 7,638 times
Default Just Curious

First time poster, but I've been reading for awhile. Thank you for all your contributions. Just out of curiosity has anyone been offered a food service position job or job offer appointment, and if so, for which restaurant please?

On a side note.... Good Luck to everyone.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:17 PM

18 posts, read 51,039 times
I finally got the call today. I have to go in and position will be discussed as well as benefits/pay, start day, etc.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:32 PM

115 posts, read 265,524 times
Really not sure if these CC Operators really know the inside dish or not. But, I thought I might throw this out there. Since I just got off the phone with one..lol

I believe it's true that if your status says "Active" or is "Blank" either way you are bound to get a call soon.

I just called CC at 2:10pm. I got a gentlemen from the employment department to confirm my "status". I told him that it is "blank". Here's what he told me. (Keep in mind this is about the 3rd time I've called these people in the last 3 or 4 Months..lol)

He said "When your application goes from Active----> Blank this means that the department head is moving you fast forward and isn't letting the status stay active for very long which means your at the top of the list to be moved forward." He also said that "Basically you've exceeded their expectations and you are in the top percentile"

When he looked at my application he asked me to hold. He stated that I should "expect a call after Labor Day. That's when they will aggressivley be calling for job offer appointments." I asked him again if being "blank" on my job status was a bad thing and he again said "No, it just means that they are moving you along through the process too quickly to let your application get into the Active catagory". So really, as said before in this thread Active or Blank it's all good as long as it doesn't say "Inactive".. There is no way of getting out of that one.

As far as the "top percentile" deal. Not sure if I even believe him. But we'll see. I figure if I get to pick my own hours then yea.. I was most likely up there. Ihope this helps those people who were doubting their skills in the "Blank area".

Old 09-02-2009, 04:05 PM

47 posts, read 99,929 times
mine says Open and Active. I am still waiting to be drug tested. I called CC rep today to pretend I didnt call the other day and someone else answered and I told him I was still waiting on being drug tested and wanted to know my status. He said that I am still being considered for the position and its up to department hiring managers to call. This waiting game is making us all go nuts!!! LOL!!

Old 09-02-2009, 04:32 PM

3 posts, read 5,374 times
Hey everyone hang in there. Got my offer today and I was an out of towner.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:51 PM

113 posts, read 239,422 times
Beverage Server. I'm in the same boat as you. Open and active, still waiting to get call for drug test to. Thats the same response i got when i called cc reps to check on my status.

Last edited by jim carter; 09-02-2009 at 06:52 PM..

Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM

395 posts, read 1,080,984 times
So my wife calls back today to schedule her appt to hear her job offer. They say it will be "X" day at 4pm. My wife says that she cannot make that as there is a mandatory meeting at work and that she will need to reschedule. The gal on the phone says that "due to legal advise from the lawyers they can't reschedule"... (Odd)...

So push come to shove she says that she is working and can't miss a mandatory work meeting as she would not do the same if she was working for CC. The lady says she'd have to ask the VP of the hotel if she could move it... After an hour or so she called back and moved it up to 3pm... Really weird, but we will see what they have to offer then I guess.

FYI, the interview/appt can be done on the phone and it takes about 10-15 minutes. Is this similar to the other offers that people have gotten?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas