Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2013, 10:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I asked very specific question I have no personal stakes in (I got it answered, btw, thanks to a few), but Dr. Laura wannabees and holier-than-thous, plz let's keep this forum to the point, there are relationship and politics forums to satisfy your urges.
It's impossible to figure out what exactly has ruffled you in any responses as any questions posed seem pretty straightforward and contextually relevant. Despite your rudeness I'm delighted that you've found the answer to your questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2013, 11:38 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,210,827 times
Quote:
I asked very specific question I have no personal stakes in (I got it answered, btw, thanks to a few), but Dr. Laura wannabees and holier-than-thous, plz let's keep this forum to the point, there are relationship and politics forums to satisfy your urges.
What's the answer? Lying on an application is fraud and can invalidate the application. Technically, they could pursue in court to have his citizenship revoked and have him deported. Practically, it just isn't going to happen. As a citizen he is now protected uner due process. Too much time and effort over a technicality. What harm has been done if he hasn't brought the kids here?

If he even has kids. How does anyone besides him really know this? Even if you could find a foreign birth certificate on them with his name he could claim he isn't the true father and did that for societal or economic or political reasons. You would need a paternity test. Good luck getting a foreign country to order DNA testing on two of it's citizens so that another of it's citizens can be deported from the USA.

And if it can be proved he had kids, it could get even stickier. The only people who know for sure what he told the first wife are him and the first wife. You can be assured he will claim to have told her and it will be word against word. He could claim he told her, wanted to declare them, and it was all her idea to suppress that information. She signed the application too and it's not just the alien the U.S. goes after in cases of immigration fraud. She could find herself a target of the investigation as well. So if your friend is the first wife who is out for revenge, she might want to just move on and think twice about getting the government involved and possibly starting something she can't stop.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:55 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,587,635 times
If that matters I'm asking on behalf of a woman the guy got impregnated (among others) after divorcing his GC wife, he's got money (from his Arabic motherland) and he just harass the crap out of her, legally and physically. He went to jail for 7 days because of him continuously violating personal protection order, but she has no money to push it further because he just doesn't quit. The woman (I have no involvement of any kind with) is losing her marbles she's so terrorized. Obviously, she called a lot of misery upon herself, but how to say that, her psychological&mental constitution is a favorite among control freaks and she needs help regardless of what her personal faults might have been. The guy is borderline crazy (with money), the kind certain kind of women find irresistible until their jaws get broken (and even after that), if that matters.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:08 PM

Well it really boils down to the question of "what matters" and although this obviously matters where US laws are concerned (has she filed police reports?) it really isn't an immigration matter or anything with which the immigration authorities would be remotely interested. The man is a bona fide US citizen. The woman in question doesn't need "money" since the offender has already apparently spent time in jail on related domestic disputes so she can contact the local authorities and the AG's office to ask for protection.

It's not an immigration issue. It's a US civil law issue.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:38 PM

24,513 posts, read 10,836,221 times
Quote:
If that matters I'm asking on behalf of a woman the guy got impregnated (among others) after divorcing his GC wife, he's got money (from his Arabic motherland) and he just harass the crap out of her, legally and physically. He went to jail for 7 days because of him continuously violating personal protection order, but she has no money to push it further because he just doesn't quit. The woman (I have no involvement of any kind with) is losing her marbles she's so terrorized. Obviously, she called a lot of misery upon herself, but how to say that, her psychological&mental constitution is a favorite among control freaks and she needs help regardless of what her personal faults might have been. The guy is borderline crazy (with money), the kind certain kind of women find irresistible until their jaws get broken (and even after that), if that matters.

And a bystander throws a wrench by claiming he knows about falsification of immigration documentation.
This is a civil matter between two parties. She has a variety of legal options she can use.

Old 11-28-2013, 07:45 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,587,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
And a bystander throws a wrench by claiming he knows about falsification of immigration documentation.
This is a civil matter between two parties. She has a variety of legal options she can use.
And one of those options would be getting him in touch with ICE to get his mind off her, as the very least, don't you think? Luckily, IRS gladly accepts tips for free, prioritie$ are clear. Yes, legal options are numerous but some people are just too sheepish to use them thinking that if they will lie down trouble would just go away. I was asked this immigration question because she believed that big, all-protective government would do everything on its own to punish evildoers without her involvement. I know nothing about the guy' kids, btw, it's her words and she claims she has a proof.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:45 PM

678 posts, read 1,064,825 times
Quote:
She needs to go to an immigration lawyer, see if there is one that offers free consultations. He certainly can have his citizenship revoked or his certificate of naturalization cancelled if he lied on his application or willfully omitted the fact that he has kids and was previously married. With that being said, it's not so easy to do and she would probably need to have significant documentation of harassment as well as anything that his previous wife could provide. It would have been much better to report this (had it been known) before he was given citizenship because they would have probably denied him on the grounds of questionable moral character.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:43 PM

832 posts, read 1,417,416 times
Quote:
To be short, the guy got his green card through marriage, he never disclosed his kids he left in his home country neither to his new wife nor to the citizenship and immigration services. Later he divorced that wife, fathered a few kids with another woman and got his citizenship without mentioning the kids he abandoned in his home country. I believe it's a deportable violation. How to report it officially with proper acknowledgements and "notice of action" from USCIS? Can they just shrug it off without any acknowledgement or action?
They won't bother if he's just a crappy father dropping out kids everywhere. It's not impossible. But it's very hard because public policy strongly favors a final action. And naturalization is pretty final.

USCIS does go through spurts of denatualization when they've become aware of a ring of issues. For example, they might become aware that someone arranged 200 fraud marriages and they're all citizens now. In that case, if the evidence is strong enough, there's motivation enough for them to use their resources to go after all 200, even if only 50 get ultimately prosecuted and booted.

1 or 2... probably not. Not unless the person was a danger to society and they reluctantly naturalized him to begin with.

In sum..

If this person attempts to bring his kids into the US, or their Mom, USCIS will know immediately he committed fraud to obtain his naturalization and will decide then whether or not to pursue it.

For the kids, USCIS will require legitimization of the children because he's a male and has never acknowledged them.

And guess what?

If he was never married to their Mother, then the kids aren't legitimate. DNA has no bearing on the issue other than to prove he lied. It takes more than DNA to make a recognized legal male parent/child relationship to USCIS.

(Otherwise, every Filipino prostitute would get knocked up and call her child Willy Jones to use him as an anchor baby for each of our service members. Never going to happen. Not considering I-360 Amerasian children, different issues there)

If he was married to the Mother, then he will have to show proof of that, and USCIS will then have enough evidence to denaturalize him.

If they choose to.

But as stated above, the resources and motivation to denaturalize someone are limited.

So I wouldn't lose sleep over the issue because it won't change anything unfortunately. Since the courts took away administrative denaturalization, USCIS really doesn't give a crap until the person shows up at their door asking them to bring in the (maybe bastard) children and former wife.

Old 12-01-2013, 03:32 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,957,445 times
Ummmh, I once got into a scuffle with an illegal immigrant & tried to get them deported, I called immigration, no one cared. Only thing you can do is to set them up such that the cops are called.

For example say said person assaulted you. Even if there is no evidence of assault, cops will check their papers & they will likely be deported! Good luck

Old 12-01-2013, 04:10 PM

^^^ Maybe you haven't read this thread but it has nothing to do with an illegal immigrant ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration