Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 1,100 times

Advertisements

How do I report someone traveling on someone's us citizen passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 05:52 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,851,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanellestarr03 View Post
How do I report someone traveling on someone's us citizen passport.

I would assume that you could report it to Homeland Security. http://www.dhs.gov/

Also, you may want to start a new thread to get better responses.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 983 times
MY husband had Ten Years Green Card and he left just like that ,Ihave no job ,I am disable ,what you think I should do.

Old 04-28-2016, 12:23 PM

983 posts, read 1,634,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smehmi View Post
MY husband had Ten Years Green Card and he left just like that ,Ihave no job ,I am disable ,what you think I should do.
Lawyer up
Delete Facebook
Hit the gym

Old 04-28-2016, 01:31 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,892,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smehmi View Post
Step one - stop hijacking other peoples threads and start your own topic.

Old 04-28-2016, 02:38 PM

62 posts, read 70,054 times
-Please note that this is not legal advice.-

Concealment of a material fact or by willful misrepresentation is one of the reasons why citizenship maybe revoked.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter2.html
https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter2.html

However, the material fact should be something that would be enough for the eligibility be questioned such as past criminal activity or membership of a terrorist group. Material legal definition is something likely to play a significant role in inducing a reasonable party to enter the contract. And the party in this case is the USCIS, not the spouse, the contract is his permanent residence/citizenship. I think even though omitting his children was bad for his relationship (marriage is a civil matter) it would not deny him eligibility unless if his kids were involved with terrorist organizations. If he was a good husband maybe they would stayed married even if he told the wife that he had kids abroad. There is also typically a two year minimum period that someone must remain married when get a green card through marriage (unless there is grounds for divorce such as abuse from the other party). So I assume that they were married for two years.

https://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/H...-Chapter3.html
https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...v021-p0044.pdf

If someone neglects to mention a child on their citizenship application, and you then come back later with a petition to immigrate that child, USCIS may suspect that they are committing a fraud to help someone else’s child get a green card.

Law Offices of Atty Michael Gurfinkel: Immigration Law, Non Immigrant Visas , Family Based Petitions, Immigration Corner, & Employment Based Petitions.

Old 12-04-2016, 08:54 AM

1 posts, read 761 times
I live in a very politically corrupt and explosive college city. Immigration fraud is the norm rather than the exception in Chapel Hill. Recently, I brought over the father of my child via fiancé visa (K1). One year later, he obtained his conditional green card and moved out of our residence to another room in an Airbnb. Is the fact that he abandoned his US family that brought him here and changed residence without reporting it to immigration a deportable offense? Who and how and I go about reporting the violation?

Old 12-05-2016, 08:15 AM

983 posts, read 1,634,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asilonu View Post
I live in a very politically corrupt and explosive college city. Immigration fraud is the norm rather than the exception in Chapel Hill. Recently, I brought over the father of my child via fiancé visa (K1). One year later, he obtained his conditional green card and moved out of our residence to another room in an Airbnb. Is the fact that he abandoned his US family that brought him here and changed residence without reporting it to immigration a deportable offense? Who and how and I go about reporting the violation?
It's not a deportable offense and unless you can prove he didn't enter the marriage in good faith, it won't affect his removal of conditions application in one year, when he'll be able to apply.

I suggest you delete Facebook, hit the gym and lawyer up for any divorce/custody battles.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 610 times
I know someone who falsify their documents just to be in US, der Birth Certificate was fake. Der already in US. Is that ok? what will be the consequences?

Old 03-07-2017, 09:51 AM

15,479 posts, read 15,623,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hersheyssoho View Post
I know someone who falsify their documents just to be in US, der Birth Certificate was fake. Der already in US. Is that ok? what will be the consequences?
First post and you're ready to throw someone under the bus? And der is not a word in the US. So I'm going out on a limb here and saying this is trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration