Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,001,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I don't think they can do anything if he's a US citizen. If he only had a green card and the five years weren't up it might be different. I'm not sure what the charges would be--not telling his new wife that he had kids? I do think I remember a place on the forms where you had to fill in the names of your kids so that would be lying. Don't know how big a deal that is though. Sounds like a scumbag.
If you gained your citizenship by fraud, including a fake marriage the government can take your citizenship away. It does not happen often but legally the government may do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How were you (or the "other people" you refer to) privy to the information the applicant completed on the N-400 questionnaire? Can you provide a citation to support the bolded assertion?
It's not a garaunteed denial but abandoning kids and not supporting them you better have a good reason. That type of character issue would be something which would defer the application from USCIS to ICE and have the applicant have to go to Immigration court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 03:29 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
If you gained your citizenship by fraud, including a fake marriage the government can take your citizenship away. It does not happen often but legally the government may do it.

It's not a garaunteed denial but abandoning kids and not supporting them you better have a good reason. That type of character issue would be something which would defer the application from USCIS to ICE and have the applicant have to go to Immigration court.
It happens extremely rarely and there's just about zero chance that the man in question would be deported because he failed to acknowledge or support children he fathered years ago in another country. Also he already has his US citizenship so if there was any issue to be raised whether about that or the allegation of any "fake marriage" it should have been addressed years ago by the interested parties.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,585,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
How were you (or the "other people" you refer to) privy to the information the applicant completed on the N-400 questionnaire? Can you provide a citation to support the bolded assertion?
It's not a relationship forum, please. I explained that I have no personal scores to settle and I don't play Dr. Laura either. Yes, it's very stupid not to report that guy before his citizenship interview. People asked me very specific question and I'm trying to answer it. Thank you all for your help.

If you are that curious pull N-400 and instructions to N-400, part 9, Information about your children. He didn't disclose his children to his GC wife either, and that's a grey immigration area, he could be married to their mother, as far as I'm concerned, polygamy is not that unusual over there. As stated in the N-400 instructions:

Part 9. Information About Your Children
One must list every one of his children, regardless of whether they are:
• alive, missing, or dead
• born in other countries or in the United States
• younger or older than 18 years
• married or unmarried
• living with you or elsewhere
• stepsons or stepdaughters not legally adopted, or
• born out of wedlock.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:06 PM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Citizenship application, N-400, requires to disclose all applicant's children, dead and alive, in whole universe. Sorry. Not supporting, not speaking of abandoning, your children virtually guarantees your citizenship application to be denied on the grounds of "bad moral character". Not disclosing all your children in N-400 constitutes a deportable fraud (of course, if they will catch that), I know because I've stumbled upon a similar case on USCIS website. BTW, I'm asking on behalf of other people, I have no personal emotions involved in this thread.
Show me where child support has to be declared. You are a third party checking things out for someone who gains what by crying wolf? I would not want to dirty myself with such but so be it.

Old 11-27-2013, 04:18 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
It's not a relationship forum, please. I explained that I have no personal scores to settle and I don't play Dr. Laura either. Yes, it's very stupid not to report that guy before his citizenship interview. People asked me very specific question and I'm trying to answer it. Thank you all for your help.

If you are that curious pull N-400 and instructions to N-400, part 9, Information about your children. He didn't disclose his children to his GC wife either, and that's a grey immigration area, he could be married to their mother, as far as I'm concerned, polygamy is not that unusual over there. As stated in the N-400 instructions:

Part 9. Information About Your Children
One must list every one of his children, regardless of whether they are:
• alive, missing, or dead
• born in other countries or in the United States
• younger or older than 18 years
• married or unmarried
• living with you or elsewhere
• stepsons or stepdaughters not legally adopted, or
• born out of wedlock.
Precisely why I asked you two simple relevant questions which aren't answered by your copying and pasting the instructions which I'd already read.

PS: Nor did my questions have anything to do with relationship issues out of context.

Last edited by STT Resident; 11-27-2013 at 04:38 PM.. Reason: added PS

Old 11-27-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Show me where child support has to be declared. You are a third party checking things out for someone who gains what by crying wolf? I would not want to dirty myself with such but so be it.
Sorry, pals, as somebody who went through the process I can tell you that they combed through my child support statements and scrutinized even a single $135 one week delay in 2 years (system's glitch), USCIS cares A LOT about dependents and child support. What swayed them was a notarized letter from the mother stating I'm a good "provider" and care a lot, pictures showing me spending time with the kid and so on, I didn't even expect USCIS to pay so much attention to that stuff I prepared just in case since my lawyer didn't think that those extras (other than child support statements) were necessary. I don't dirty myself with anything, I'm just answering the question.

Last edited by RememberMee; 11-27-2013 at 05:01 PM..

Old 11-27-2013, 09:08 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,888,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyMIA View Post
If you gained your citizenship by fraud, including a fake marriage, the government can take your citizenship away. It does not happen often but legally the government may do it.
This government is not revoking anyone's citizenship unless that individual is a threat to the powers that be. Snowden is a great example. Do you think they are going to put more man hours into your 'illegal' in question or Snowden? I would hope they start putting far more effort into finding illegals in the future.

Old 11-28-2013, 06:03 AM

24,476 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Quote:
Sorry, pals, as somebody who went through the process I can tell you that they combed through my child support statements and scrutinized even a single $135 one week delay in 2 years (system's glitch), USCIS cares A LOT about dependents and child support. What swayed them was a notarized letter from the mother stating I'm a good "provider" and care a lot, pictures showing me spending time with the kid and so on, I didn't even expect USCIS to pay so much attention to that stuff I prepared just in case since my lawyer didn't think that those extras (other than child support statements) were necessary. I don't dirty myself with anything, I'm just answering the question.
Sour grapes as someone already said. My interview was ten minutes - in and out

Old 11-28-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threestep View Post
Sour grapes as someone already said. My interview was ten minutes - in and out
You are 6 times better person than myself, go get yourself a lollipop, you deserve it.

Old 11-28-2013, 10:10 AM

I asked very specific question I have no personal stakes in (I got it answered, btw, thanks to a few), but Dr. Laura wannabees and holier-than-thous, plz let's keep this forum to the point, there are relationship and politics forums to satisfy your urges.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Legal Immigration