Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,724,431 times

Advertisements

We've bought a lot of stuff from Bobs and have never had a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2014, 10:21 AM

1 posts, read 4,308 times
I bought a love seat, as well a sleep sofa from Bob's. My wife and I used the sleep sofa maby #3 times and after 40 minutes we end up on the floor. The sleeper is so uncomfortable!! The integrity of the couch is compromised and uncomfortable to sit on. We bought this in March of 2011. My last couch lasted over 15 years, sorry to say but I would like to get my old couch back. Just a little note, my old couch was NOT from Bob's. I like Bob's, the sales personnel are courteous and friendly. Not to mention the candy shop is great! I enjoyed my shopping experience at Bob's. I am not satisfied with their product.

Old 01-12-2014, 03:02 PM

118 posts, read 258,618 times
I had a truly horrible experience at Raymour and Flanigan and will never shop there again.

I did buy a table and chair set for my kitchen 3 and a half years ago and it has held up OK, a little looseness in the chair cushions but not really a problem. The quality is better than I expected considering the price point.

Some of our other furniture is from Crate and Barrel, where both the furniture and service is superb. We also have furniture from Thomasville and I think the C&B is much higher quality. Guess it depends on the piece.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:32 AM

6 posts, read 26,533 times
Cheap, cheap, and really crap!!!

Please do yourself a favor and spend the extra money in a quality furniture store!!

If you go into their discount area (The Pit) you will see for yourself what your furniture will

look like in a few months. Ask them where that junk is made?

They will tell you they are not sure! The answer is? Vietnam.

I wouldn’t even buy a pair of flip flops from that country.

It makes me sick Bob!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 04-30-2014, 10:37 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
What's your problem with Vietnam? Are you an ex-grunt and still bothered that you lost the war?

BTW..hope you don't eat Tilapia.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:39 AM

No not at all. I think it's a great place to plant rice!

Old 04-30-2014, 10:43 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Do you have a prejudice against the Vietnamese? Do you feel they cant make quality products?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:04 AM

What is your problem? I have no prejudice against the Vietnamese people!!

I do have a problem with a product that is junk!!!

If you want to talk furniture? That would be great.

Asian hard woods are very good. I would like to know which ones.

Tell me a little about 8 way hand tied? Can you tell me about veneers and if it should be contact

paper or the actual top portion of the hardwood.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:06 AM

Can you tell me a little about bonded leather and the % of actual leather ?

Top grain versus split leather. How about french and English dove tail and good quality tracking

on sets..

Old 04-30-2014, 11:15 AM

Oh and did I forget to ask you what the min standards are on cores to sofa. Give a clue?

Look at a Bob's sofa and you will get it. 1.8 foam density. Junk!!

Do your self a favor stop sniffing all those chemicals in that nail salon!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island