Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 11:29 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,065,538 times

Advertisements

You sound very knowledgeable about furniture. Are you a competitor to Bob's and getting your lunch eaten by them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2014, 01:39 PM

413 posts, read 598,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by syncobead0303 View Post
Oh and did I forget to ask you what the min standards are on cores to sofa. Give a clue?

Look at a Bob's sofa and you will get it. 1.8 foam density. Junk!!

Do your self a favor stop sniffing all those chemicals in that nail salon!!!

Speaking of huffing fumes....the post is about furniture and you made a crack about Vietnam. It's nice to be smug and ignorant at the same time. Vietnam economy growing 10% per year, GDP 170 Billion...with a B. By 2025 will be the 35th largest economy in the world. Big tourism, Western friendly. Maybe they build what is requested in the specs like every other manufacturer. If the budget calls for junk, then you get junk. I don't see a furniture showroom called "Vietnam Discount Furniture." It's called Bob's. They spec it, they import it, they sell it. People who want a moderately priced set shop there. Capitalism, baby.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:13 AM

6 posts, read 26,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
You sound very knowledgeable about furniture. Are you a competitor to Bob's and getting your lunch eaten by them?
I am not a competitor and I'm very sorry if you have taken any offence to what I have said.

There is a market out there for Bob's. They have proven that!

I Do feel as though they mislead the consumer!

The average person can afford their product. Which is very appealing!

Mislead by advertising that the other guys in the business are rip offs!!!!!!

Bob's has a nitch and it works for them. I prefer to spend my money on a product that will last .

Do yourself a favor . Go into the Pit and look at some of the scratch and dent product.

Really look at it ! Look under the veaneer and look at the pressed wood and also look at the tracking

on the sets. Pick up a sofa or sleeper and look under it at the frame. Wow

Why would you even ask me about my lunch? It is Bob's who is taking peoples lunches!

Not mine.

Old 05-01-2014, 11:56 AM

17 posts, read 29,547 times
I like Bob's couches and bedroom furniture sets. Picked up my dining table with chairs and a work desk from Raymour. 2+ years and all good.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:15 PM

145 posts, read 227,198 times
We got nearly all our furniture at Bob's 5 years ago when we got married and bought a house. It's lasted pretty well. But maybe the quality has gone downhill, because we went looking for a kid's dresser to put in our nursery recently. It was such cheap quality and a little too expensive considering that. We ended up going to Tiffany furniture (I think that's the name) on 110 in Melville. Way better quality for pretty much the same price. And I like how it's a mom and pop type place, so I felt better about supporting a local business vs. a chain.

Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM

755 posts, read 1,080,226 times
Bobs leather couches is a piece of crap. The paint started coming off at month 13. That's right, exactly one month after a one year warranty.

And i paid for that crap goof proof protection for extended warranty. Which would fix an accidental tear but not paint peeling off leather.

Rip off artists.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:10 AM

26 posts, read 54,449 times
We bought a sectional sofa from Bobs about 2 years ago and its already starting to deteriorate. I would avoid their sofas. Cant speak about their other products.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:14 AM

244 posts, read 634,138 times
We get our bedroom set as a housewarming gift from my parents. We got 2 dressers, 2 night stands a queen bed an mattress. No issues at all so far. We love the bob-o-pedic. No complaints at all so far.

I will admit that the furniture doesn't feel or like high end, but I wouldn't say it feels or looks cheap either.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:48 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,990,244 times
We have been furnishing out house with hard furnishings build by our own hands.
It's not built with quarter-sawn solid oak with ebony wood spines, hand cut dove tails, or a french polish, but it looks great and I can stand on it without even a creak.

We only have basic power tools, wood glue and a pocket hole ***. We get our inspiration from Houzz and plans from Ana White.

Houzz - Home Design, Decorating and Remodeling Ideas and Inspiration, Kitchen and Bathroom Design
Ana White | Free and Easy DIY Furniture Plans to Save You Money

Why don't more people do this? $50 in lumber and a Saturday, you have yourself a brand new entry way table.

Maybe I should start a side business...

Old 05-09-2014, 04:50 AM

1,144 posts, read 2,669,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayo_michael View Post
We have been furnishing out house with hard furnishings build by our own hands.
It's not built with quarter-sawn solid oak with ebony wood spines, hand cut dove tails, or a french polish, but it looks great and I can stand on it without even a creak.

We only have basic power tools, wood glue and a pocket hole ***. We get our inspiration from Houzz and plans from Ana White.

Houzz - Home Design, Decorating and Remodeling Ideas and Inspiration, Kitchen and Bathroom Design
Ana White | Free and Easy DIY Furniture Plans to Save You Money

Why don't more people do this? $50 in lumber and a Saturday, you have yourself a brand new entry way table.

Maybe I should start a side business...

We built our kitchen table and matching bench using an Ana White plan. Im thrilled with the table, I screwed up with the bench a bit. (the legs dont fit inside the table legs) No biggie, that will become an outdoor bench, and I'll build a new one for the kitchen.

Ive never head of a pocket hole (Kreg) ***, I love this thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island