Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2010, 02:40 PM

13 posts, read 32,051 times

Advertisements

People do not speak very highly about middle country or ronkonkoma. I am learing alot here !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 02:41 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaytogo View Post
People do not speak very highly about middle country or ronkonkoma. I am learing alot here !!!
Sachem schools are good.
If you like Ronko, thats the district.Lake Hills is the area.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Sachem schools are good.
If you like the area, thats the district.
Its big district !!! grades are good from what I see at greatschools.net.....I found a home in middle island but I think I may stay on the south shore. I am leaning towards holbrook. Ronkonkoma just has such a bad reputation I dont want to make a mistake. I think I may be reading too much too many choices too make !!! it is like a diner menu

Old 12-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Sachem schools are good.
If you like Ronko, thats the district.Lake Hills is the area.
I think you read wrong.........peopple DO NOT talk good about ronkonkoma or middle country - I want to avoid those areas

Old 12-28-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I think you read wrong.........peopple DO NOT talk good about ronkonkoma or middle country - I want to avoid those areas
Dont get me wrong, I do think RP/NE Brookhaven is a much better buy(and there will be those who disagree or have something to say)but Sachem schools are good and that area of Lake Hills is pretty nice.I think you need to get past "what people are saying" and really drill into any community to see if theres a fit.

I agree MidCo has some challenges and should probably be avoided until they fix Newfield HS.

Schools added, taken off 'needs improvement' list

Old 12-28-2010, 03:02 PM

[quote=Crookhaven;17166301]Dont get me wrong, I do think RP/NE Brookhaven is a much better buy(and there will be those who disagree or have something to say)but Sachem schools are good and that area of Lake Hills is pretty nice.I think you need to get past "what people are saying" and really drill into any community to see if its a fit.

MidCo has some challenges and should probably be avoided until they fix Newfield HS.

Schools added, taken off 'needs improvement' list[/q

It is very funny b/c when I find a house listed and the price is low it is usually b/c the school district. ie. middle country or riverhead.

lake Hills is nice, hilly and the houses are close together.........I do not really like that area. Rocky point is great !! the taxes are also high !!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:04 PM

[quote=whichwaytogo;17166360]
Quote:
Dont get me wrong, I do think RP/NE Brookhaven is a much better buy(and there will be those who disagree or have something to say)but Sachem schools are good and that area of Lake Hills is pretty nice.I think you need to get past "what people are saying" and really drill into any community to see if its a fit.

MidCo has some challenges and should probably be avoided until they fix Newfield HS.

Schools added, taken off 'needs improvement' list[/q

It is very funny b/c when I find a house listed and the price is low it is usually b/c the school district. ie. middle country or riverhead.

lake Hills is nice, hilly and the houses are close together.........I do not really like that area. Rocky point is great !! the taxes are also high !!
Rocky Point taxes are actually pretty low for the North Shore.
You want agony see SWR or Mt Sinai.
I pay about 7 for 3/2 on 1/4 acre

Old 12-28-2010, 04:01 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Ronkompton

Old 12-28-2010, 07:01 PM

2,666 posts, read 7,337,188 times
Quote:
Its big district !!! grades are good from what I see at greatschools.net.....I found a home in middle island but I think I may stay on the south shore. I am leaning towards holbrook. Ronkonkoma just has such a bad reputation I dont want to make a mistake. I think I may be reading too much too many choices too make !!! it is like a diner menu
Agree with all in bold.

As Crooks said you have to drill down and see for yourself. Many elementary and "ALL" middle schools are 9/10 in Sachem SD (Source: greatschools.net). You have got to compare that with whatever area you choose as far as schools are concerned. Now schools is just one thing though, everyone has priorities right

Old 12-28-2010, 09:48 PM

3,525 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john9l0 View Post
please don't act like you're knowledgeable about sachem schools when you clearly have no idea what you're even talking about.
iawtp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island