Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2010, 10:18 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,175,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John9l0 View Post
East covers more than Farmingville (where I live, and is actually not a bad area at all), and only a tiny sliver of Ronkonkoma (where I used to live, which has an awful reputation on this forum for some unknown reason to me).

Now, for example, why is living in the section of Holbrook that goes to Sachem North better than living in the section that goes to Sachem East.
Theres always two factors at work... the town(s) and the district.
I am baffled by the lack of a map for East and North thus far.

I'm not clear on all the Ronkonkoma bashing of late .Parts of it are nice, just like Farmingville.

North comprises better towns near the North Shore. Nesconset, Lake Grove etc.
East Comprises Portion rd.....Again it is what it is.

Where would I feel my long term investment would be safer.
North.Sorry but no contest and no offense.

Crooks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2010, 10:24 PM

2,845 posts, read 10,511,856 times
Quote:
East covers more than Farmingville (where I live, and is actually not a bad area at all), and only a tiny sliver of Ronkonkoma (where I used to live, which has an awful reputation on this forum for some unknown reason to me).

Now, for example, why is living in the section of Holbrook that goes to Sachem North is better than living in the section that goes to Sachem East.
It's because Crooks is living in some fantasy world where people are being "priced out" of housing projects in The Bronx and relocating to Roslyn Harbor.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean sean sean sean View Post
It's because Crooks is living in some fantasy world where people are being "priced out" of housing projects in The Bronx and relocating to Roslyn Harbor.
Actually they are moving to a little pond north of the rail in S Nassau.

Happy New Year Sean
; )

Crooks

Old 12-29-2010, 10:45 PM

265 posts, read 945,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Theres always two factors at work... the town(s) and the district.
I am baffled by the lack of a map for East and North thus far.

I'm not clear on all the Ronkonkoma bashing of late .Parts of it are nice, just like Farmingville.

North comprises better towns near the North Shore. Nesconset, Lake Grove etc.
East Comprises Portion rd.....Again it is what it is.

Where would I feel my long term investment would be safer.
North.Sorry but no contest and no offense.

Crooks
But what does East compromising Portion road have to do with anything? Not seeing your point here.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:51 PM

Quote:
But what does East compromising Portion road have to do with anything? Not seeing your point here.
Yes you are.

Crooks

Old 12-29-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Yes you are.

Crooks
No, i'm not. Tell me what portion road has to do with North being a better school than East.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 PM

Quote:
No, i'm not. Tell me what portion road has to do with North being a better school than East.
Ill tell you what John why dont you take a ride there and get back to us.

Old 12-29-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Ill tell you what John why dont you take a ride there and get back to us.
Lol. So you're saying North is better than East because of day laborers on portion/horseblock road?

Newsflash buddy, East is like 10% hispanic tops, not far off North. Most of the illegal hispanic population of farmingville is just that, day laborers. Not many hispanic families live there, which explains why there arent many illegal immigrant students attending East.

Stick to your Rocky Point threads instead of giving out false information on subjects you are clueless on.

Old 12-29-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Lol. So you're saying North is better than East because of day laborers on portion/horseblock road?

Newsflash buddy, East is like 10% hispanic tops, not far off North. Most of the illegal hispanic population of farmingville is just that, day laborers. Not many hispanic families live there, which explains why there arent many illegal immigrant students attending East.

Stick to your Rocky Point threads instead of giving out false information on subjects you are clueless on.
Ok buddy.
Lol. Sorry for not taking the bait.

Who said anything about immigrants or schools?
Why is always about race with you?

All I just said the nicer areas near the North Shore went to North and that it was a better/safer investment...and John, it is.

I heard there was some sort of movie made about daylaborers on Long Island a few years back but the name escapes me.Maybe you remember it?

Like I said Sachems a fine district, I would just hold out for North if I could.

JM2C

Crooks

Old 12-29-2010, 11:26 PM

First off, at your whole post:

Quote:
Ok buddy.
Lol. Sorry for not taking the bait.

Who said anything about immigrants or schools?
Why is always about race with you?

All I just said the nicer areas near the North Shore went to North and that it was a better/safer investment...and John, it is.
No you didn't. You said you wouldn't feel safe sending your kid to school at East. Care to explain why?

Quote:
I heard there was some sort of movie made about daylaborers on Long Island a few years back but the name escapes me.Maybe you remember it?
Nice attempt at a smart remark, but we're talking about Sachem East, which has nothing to do with the day laborers in Farmingville, considering that they don't have kids here whom they send to school.

Using your logic, I heard recently that there was a Pagan biker gang clubhouse busted in Rocky Point. No way i'd feel safe sending my kids to Rocky Point schools, there must be biker gangs roaming the halls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island