Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:43 PM

119 posts, read 257,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
I see your point Jetties and I was surprised by the possible difference between the two counties when looking at the salaries, and went with the average of both. I figured with CA in Suffolk it should be a somewhat decent indicator.
According to that website, I make more than the President of the United States, being a Supervisory Supervisor nets you 62K a year, and being King (or Queen) of Long Island only nets you 46K; but a Princess is pulling in twice that. Somehow I don't think it's a trustworthy site when looking for salaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2012, 05:31 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,954,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.I.N.Y. View Post
According to that website, I make more than the President of the United States, being a Supervisory Supervisor nets you 62K a year, and being King (or Queen) of Long Island only nets you 46K; but a Princess is pulling in twice that. Somehow I don't think it's a trustworthy site when looking for salaries.

Just curious, what do you do that this site says you make more then the President ?

He makes 400k base and the total package is 569K a year. You must be doing well then, good for you

Old 02-21-2012, 05:54 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
According to the site I would make 27k as a pan handler in Henrico County, VA in Nassau I would make 29K. I think the excessive COL obligation would make Henrico a better work enviroment even though the potential takehome is less...

Old 02-21-2012, 06:04 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,727,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
According to the site I would make 27k as a pan handler in Henrico County, VA in Nassau I would make 29K. I think the excessive COL obligation would make Henrico a better work enviroment even though the potential takehome is less...

Dang. If I were going to panhandle, I would opt for someplace that is warmer year round.

Old 02-21-2012, 06:15 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Dang. If I were going to panhandle, I would opt for someplace that is warmer year round.
LOL, I actually thought it was paying better...

Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 AM

119 posts, read 257,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike50 View Post
Just curious, what do you do that this site says you make more then the President ?

He makes 400k base and the total package is 569K a year. You must be doing well then, good for you
I said according to that website, type in President of the United States and you'll find out his salary isn't that high.

Old 02-21-2012, 08:36 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,147,831 times
Quote:
Garbage in, garbage out.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:18 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,823,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
I understand but, in the story of the guy from Atl who's house didn't inflate in 20 years and in seeing the real estate market in Fla. I predict that your 300K mansion inNC,SC,Tenn, Fla wherever else you guys go will still be < 400k. In Houston that also happens since the amount of land is infinite and new communities pop up to replace the old homes. These award winning builders like Poulte homes and the construction is questioable and the materials are suspect. In Fla. you could buy homes in Miami for 35k. You can buy 10 homes for the price of one small one on the island. Its just the way I see it.
You're basing your prediction on one guy in Atlanta who wrote on the CD forum that his house didn't gain value 20 years?

As for the real estate market in FLA, I saw that several are back up (I know Sarasota [among others] is up around 10% from its low). A 400K house in those areas is quite nice and I don't see these areas dragging on value for 20 years.

"These award winning builders like Poulte homes and the construction is questioable and the materials are suspect." - You mean they are using materials and standards of lesser quality than the 'super' materials and practices that were used on LI back in the 50's?

Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 PM

909 posts, read 1,837,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
You're basing your prediction on one guy in Atlanta who wrote on the CD forum that his house didn't gain value 20 years?

As for the real estate market in FLA, I saw that several are back up (I know Sarasota [among others] is up around 10% from its low). A 400K house in those areas is quite nice and I don't see these areas dragging on value for 20 years.

"These award winning builders like Poulte homes and the construction is questioable and the materials are suspect." - You mean they are using materials and standards of lesser quality than the 'super' materials and practices that were used on LI back in the 50's?
Can you show me any historical data to back up your nitpicking?

Tell me you love OSB as much as they do?

Old 07-14-2012, 02:17 AM

91 posts, read 270,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 View Post
I hear the town of Brookhaven is going to demolish your house, pave your property, and build as many condos as they can fit on it. Get out while you can.
And then they're going to raise your taxes for the "improvements".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island