Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2012, 07:21 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,999,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulu400 View Post
Oh yeah I forgot, its that time of the year again.... the time for inaction !!
blah blah blah blah for 3423 posts and then.... school budgets pass with (insert your % here) increase.... end of story.
I actioned my a** off for months and Kate and Co. still won another landslide. The idiocy runs deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 10:31 AM

909 posts, read 1,838,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMA View Post
It's not beruit, but stop your lying bs about it being great. . . .

Great places don't have laws infringing your rights
Great places don't look to push big brother down your throat
Great places have MANY options other than the next bs eatery.

On this great island we have......... food, we don't have so many jobs (many have and are leaving this out of control greed island), we have some activities that govt DEEMS is ok for you to have. . . otherwise they do not allow it...
So we have food... i have never been to a state or county that didn't have food. Even half a$$ed crap like we have plenty of

we have some fields here and there if you are allowed to use them for some games
we have golf, lots of golf
we have some beaches, and some are just ok, they're not all great, in fact i don't think i ever been to a GREAT beach. . .
we have some pumpkin farms you can pick your own pumpkin (on traffic congested roads because the farmer isn't smart enough to make a large area for traffic to pull into and the county and towns aren't smart enough to see expansion reasons to make roads handle more traffic, but that wouldn't matter because the people of this great island can't seem to learn to drive)
we have some or many areas to walk thru, only YOU can walk, not with your dog, your dog walking thru is highly against the law but the other animals are allowed to be walking around there (see how stupid this island is yet and the people that make it up)
we have some ranges
we have lots of taxes, and more so than nyc, but unlike nyc we have volunteer fd, volunteer amb, lack of transportation (it's a great island though we cant have a paid fd, amb service)
we have stores in every direction, we have tens of the same stores
we don't have more than 1 entertainment venue, in fact suffolk has none... great islands have atleast 1 of everything.... so this island isn't looking so great...(only to those that work and eat and sit in the house is this a great island, only those that don't know good food) it doesn't have 1 of everything, it only has a lot of bs. . .

Oh and we have the largest population of people that move into a area and WANT it changed to suit them....... and we have the largest population of DON'T BRING ANY FUN ACTIVITIES and SPORTS HERE to the bs GREAT island

If i had the time i would take you to places that have good food and then bring you to what you thought was good to watch you lie thru your teeth how great it is.... Just because they charge a lot doesn't mean its some of the better high end. . . .

Damn straight there...... thousands of undercover retards on this great island.. . .

Sounds like you may be in need of some therapy my friend. I come from a place that ****es all over your great food. There is no need for you to show me where the great food is. I unlike you have left this terrible island and have experienced different places. LI is what it is and if you hate it so much then pack up your trailer and move already.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:34 AM

1,103 posts, read 1,997,280 times
[quote=LIMA;22962924]..
Quote:
So we have food
LIMA

Tell me about it when you see a line around the corner to get into a dennys
thats pretty sad.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:39 AM

909 posts, read 1,838,259 times
[quote=Autoracer9;22963338]
Quote:
LIMA

Tell me about it when you see a line around the corner to get into a dennys
thats pretty sad.
I will admit I don't know what happens out there in the boonies but, I have never seen that happen out here.

Old 02-13-2012, 10:55 AM

95 posts, read 235,309 times
Why stay on Long Island?

Family. I know plenty of people who can pick up their husband/wife and kids and move across the country, but my family isn't like that. It's important for me that my kids grow up with their grandma, grandpa, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (you get the idea). Do the property taxes suck? Absolutely. Am I stubbornly paying them to keep my close knit family close-knit? Absolutely.

My main pet peeve with our society is that there's little sense of family anymore. Everybody kind of just goes their separate ways now. It's pretty sad really.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:05 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,820,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Q Yankee View Post
Why stay on Long Island?

Family. I know plenty of people who can pick up their husband/wife and kids and move across the country, but my family isn't like that. It's important for me that my kids grow up with their grandma, grandpa, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins (you get the idea). Do the property taxes suck? Absolutely. Am I stubbornly paying them to keep my close knit family close-knit? Absolutely.

My main pet peeve with our society is that there's little sense of family anymore. Everybody kind of just goes their separate ways now. It's pretty sad really.
So you're not going to Atlanta after all?

I agree about family. Fortunately my whole family relocated too.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:09 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
Sounds like you may be in need of some therapy my friend. I come from a place that ****es all over your great food. There is no need for you to show me where the great food is. I unlike you have left this terrible island and have experienced different places. LI is what it is and if you hate it so much then pack up your trailer and move already.

When the island was good, notice i used the word good, we had lots of different things not on the updated list of what we have now....

Therapy, im not the one in denial of what long island has changed into and the new govt for the stupid....

There is nothing left here to do anymore.... you're the one in need of therapy, the denial in your life to accept what is not is your problem...

I know what we had, used to be doing it and having fun all over this island, and my business was better and i had many other business friends, that island and it's fun is no longer and those business have left for better things.....

Accept the facts of reality, it is mostly half a$$ed food all over...
You should watch some tv, chefs are making shows out of all the restaurants here in need of help making food CORRECTLY...

Lol im trying to explain why this island is not what it used to be to a guy or girl who's only activity is eating....
Lol you'll never understand what makes a place great. . . .

I am looking at a few places to move to where people can have life and experience other things than stuffing $hit in your mouth at every opportunity.. .

If you ever left this island you would not be defending it for it's supposedly great bagels and pizza and other food and using the lying term "great"....

your new s/n should be "eatallthings".... where is the best German restaurant ?

lol this should be good... from the eatallthings galicia best food on the island, the great island of food. . . .

Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 AM

999 posts, read 2,358,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy Q Yankee View Post
Why stay on Long Island?

Then you'll love other areas.......... you may really want to rethink what you're doing. . . You should have them move to.

A close knit family isn't close knit because they're only a few miles away. . .

Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
So you're not going to Atlanta after all?

I agree about family. Fortunately my whole family relocated too.
Turned down the job opportunity since mom wouldn't move with me

Wound up getting promoted here, so it worked out I guess.

Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Then you'll love other areas.......... you may really want to rethink what you're doing. . . You should have them move to.

A close knit family isn't close knit because they're only a few miles away. . .
Well we are. My family has been in NY since they came over on the boat. It was hard enough to get everyone to move to the island, and my grandma won't even go down to Florida with the rest of the retired people.

Different strokes for different folks. We're happy here. There's good and bad no matter where you go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island