Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 08:56 PM

2,033 posts, read 3,207,408 times

Advertisements

I myself have been in HMart I don't care for it. But to each their own. They will like any store cater to the population that lives & shops at that location. I use Peapod by Stop & Shop for the most part & love it. They do double all coupons up to 99 cents. Hate that! Wish they would just go ahead & give in & double the $1 ones too already. Occasionally an item is out of stock. But I am fine with that..depending on item of course. But love the service. Don't need to drive there & deal with parking,shopping,lines,people,traffic. Even carrying the bags & putting them in car & then driving home & bringing them into the house.

When my delivery guys gets here he brings them up the stairs & right into my kitchen & takes time to go over order with me to make sure everything is OK before he leaves. Have had same guy for years & only a few times did someone else deliver. But he always says to me. Oh I am taking vacation in case you order at so & so time. So I know ahead of time it will be someone else. He must love his job. They are not that expensive if you shop the sales like I do. I plan my meals according to the sales many times. But then again I don't cook often & order delivery or take-out mostly. Or eat out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,184,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
In NC now too, although that's still a tad too far.

Publix is making inroads into NC. They have some nice ones around Charlotte.

Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC51 View Post
I'm not surprised no regular supermarket wanted to take over that Waldbaums. That store was a ghost town compared to the Whole Foods right up the block. It was also a nightmare to get to in comparison when 106/107 was slow and the parkway ramps were backed up. At least Whole Foods has simple rear access from Jericho Tpk.

If anyone braved congestion to get to that Waldbaums, they can drive an extra five minutes to get to the King Kullen in Syosset or the Stop and Shop in Hicksville.

I haven't heard anything about the Pathmark north of the mall in Hicksville, right at the NSP ramp.

Did anyone take that?

Old 12-01-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoleModel View Post
I've noticed some interesting locations that haven't been bought yet. Shirley, Holbrook, PJS, Patchogue and North Babylon Pathmarks; and Selden, Stony Brook, Lindenhurst for Waldbaums.

I'm surprised Walmart hasn't bought any to try their Neighborhood Market concept. Not that it would be much better than what was there, I'm just surprised at the lack of interest.

There's a Walmart Neighborhood Market in a former Waldbaum's in Levittown. It's been there about two years.

Old 12-02-2015, 04:57 AM

13,055 posts, read 18,108,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
Pretty sure that the Albertson store is a Key Food. Think it got sold to the same person who owns the crappy Kings Park Key Food (Dan's).
That store is disgusting, and that is putting it mildly.
Last time I was there it looked like it was going out of business too, but yet its still there.
Key Food - Grocery - 66 Indian Head Rd - Kings Park, NY - Reviews - Photos - Yelp

Right you are John. My store became an Acme in De. the Albertson Waldbaums store became a Key Food.

Old 12-02-2015, 09:04 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,584,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Blah blah blah. Still spouting your nonsense open borders? You have no idea where I've shopped before. Nor did I ever say that's ALL they carry. It is no replacement for a waldbaums or a stop n shop. Period.
Did you forget to take your meds? What are you talking about with "open borders"? We are discussing a grocery store here that has zero relationship with immigration policy.

And you did say that "noodles, frogs, fish heads, and Korean BBQ" was all they carried here: //www.city-data.com/forum/42078220-post66.html

If your synapses are misfiring such that you can't process rational discussion without trying to turn it into another rant about why you dislike non-whites, you're probably better off Trumping it up at one of your Klan rallies than trolling the Long Island boards where actual functioning adults are trying to engage in reasonable discourse.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:02 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Did you forget to take your meds? What are you talking about with "open borders"? We are discussing a grocery store here that has zero relationship with immigration policy.

And you did say that "noodles, frogs, fish heads, and Korean BBQ" was all they carried here: //www.city-data.com/forum/42078220-post66.html

If your synapses are misfiring such that you can't process rational discussion without trying to turn it into another rant about why you dislike non-whites, you're probably better off Trumping it up at one of your Klan rallies than trolling the Long Island boards where actual functioning adults are trying to engage in reasonable discourse.
Another "straw man" argument TEP Limey? LMAO! The drivel you write isn't worth a synapse firing. Never said anything about non whites, once again words into my mouth, and you try to turn it into a racial thing which is what you always do. The open borders reference had nothing to do with h-mart, it's merely to get you to admit what this argument is really about, that you actually think anyone who questions the h-mart is racist. How shocking. Mission accomplished.

Last edited by peconic117; 12-02-2015 at 10:25 AM..

Old 12-02-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Another "straw man" argument TEP Limey? LMAO! The drivel you write isn't worth a synapse firing. Never said anything about non whites, once again words into my mouth, and you try to turn it into a racial thing which is what you always do. The open borders reference had nothing to do with h-mart, it's merely to get you to admit what this argument is really about, that you actually think anyone who questions the h-mart is racist. How shocking. Mission accomplished.
Only you could interpret any post in this thread as a claim that "anyone who questions h-mart is racist". Also, please look up "straw man" before trying to use it in a sentence. And while you're at it, take your dog and pony show elsewhere because no one is interested in the bigotry you peddle here.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:20 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,769,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Only you could interpret any post in this thread as a claim that "anyone who questions h-mart is racist". Also, please look up "straw man" before trying to use it in a sentence. And while you're at it, take your dog and pony show elsewhere because no one is interested in the bigotry you peddle here.
Obviously the sarcastic straw man reference went right over your head, no surprise there so I won't even bother to explain. I will post wherever and whenever I please thank you very much. You can bet whenever you start with your race baiting nonsense I will call you on it. If you can't handle that, maybe you should take a hike.

Old 12-02-2015, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Obviously the sarcastic straw man reference went right over your head, no surprise there so I won't even bother to explain. I will post wherever and whenever I please thank you very much. You can bet whenever you start with your race baiting nonsense I will call you on it. If you can't handle that, maybe you should take a hike.
Only in the mind of a lunatic or a bigot would a discussion about a supermarket be considered "race baiting".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island