Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2020, 01:37 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Why not involve a reverend at a funeral? I mean this is just common sense.
I agree, my question was specific to Rev. Sharpton. You do know of him I would assume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2020, 02:11 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I agree, my question was specific to Rev. Sharpton. You do know of him I would assume.
Yeah, I've heard of him before, so why are you asking why should he be involved?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-13-2020, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I've heard of him before, so why are you asking why should he be involved?
Yes, that was my prior question.

Old 06-13-2020, 03:08 PM

34,104 posts, read 47,323,258 times
Quote:
Yes, that was my prior question.
Yeah, and I answered with why wouldn't a reverend be at a funeral? What am I missing?

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-13-2020, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and I answered with why wouldn't a reverend be at a funeral? What am I missing?
Sorry, my teaching days are over.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:03 PM

7,947 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Forget Al, you can ask why a former VP and current Presidential candidate is at the funeral of a drug addled common criminal but did not attend the funeral of the EMT that was killed or the ex Police chief who was killed by a looters.

Of course then you can ask why George's multiple funerals could be packed to the brim and others who lost loved ones weren't even allowed to have a funeral.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:38 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,332,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Forget Al, you can ask why a former VP and current Presidential candidate is at the funeral of a drug addled common criminal but did not attend the funeral of the EMT that was killed or the ex Police chief who was killed by a looters.

Of course then you can ask why George's multiple funerals could be packed to the brim and others who lost loved ones weren't even allowed to have a funeral.
Like occupy Wall Street. We have a bunch of unemployed / under employed ding dongs that think they can save the world. BLM is this months hot current social issue. Like occupy wall street this will fade away into oblivion. Racial tensions will never end we live in a cultural melting pot of a country that’s is segregated via economic status. For the most part it works.

Biden what a joke, I’m not a trump fan but I hope he wins. His vp pick could end up costing him. All the BLM people don’t matter Biden’s already winning NY, CA, MN. Maybe I’m selfish I care more about economics than anything else. If corporations get richer and my investments go up so be it.

Old 06-14-2020, 11:03 AM

20,937 posts, read 28,449,340 times
Quote:
I am standing shoulder to shoulder with Lubby. What was done to this man was despicable and should not have been done to anyone or anything regardless of circumstances. However, to Lubby's point, this man is being held up as the next St. Mother Theresa. I too, have a problem with that.

According to Joe Biden, "George Floyd’s Death Had Bigger Global Impact Than MLK’s Assassination". I think that history will certainly have a place for George Floyd. While I have no idea what that will or won't be, but to suggest at this juncture this impact is just hopping on the bandwagon with a statement that only time and history will determine.

He was a man with a checkered past that according to the family was now on a good path but for some reason wound up involved in a police action unfortunately resulting in his death. It was on the news that he had 4 funerals including the last, that involved a horse drawn carriage. I personally believe that for a man/woman to be held in such reverence they need to earn that distinction. He did nothing other than fall victim to a very bad cop.

In my mind this sets a very bad example for those coming behind him. I want for EVERY LIFE to have a purpose and to be treated as you would treat others, nothing more and nothing less.
Thank You!

Old 07-01-2020, 06:09 PM

44 posts, read 48,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Maybe I’m selfish I care more about economics than anything else. If corporations get richer and my investments go up so be it.
I agree, I care about economics in terms of jobs and market conditions. That's why I cannot wait for Trump to get out, at this point in Obama's run the market was already up 65% where as it is only up 36% so far. By the end of Obama's 8 year run, the S&P was up 176%. If Trump gets another 4 years at the end of the run if things continue to trend he'll be lucky to hit 80%. It could be worse if agriculture, crude and manufacturing keep getting hit due to his bad relationship with China. The economy is like a high stakes game of jenga, we are at a cross roads for another MBS-like crisis.

To be fair, at the end of GW Bush's 8 year run, the market was down -40%.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:14 PM

44 posts, read 48,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Biden what a joke, I’m not a trump fan but I hope he wins. His vp pick could end up costing him.
I don't like him either, unfortunately for each thing you don't like about one guy, the other guy has a similarly questionable or grossly disgusting quality. This is going to be a truely lack luster election, who ever wins will be bittersweet. But that's America, making the best out of a terrible situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island