Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2021, 05:23 AM

6,486 posts, read 3,178,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
The politicians are a joke. They spend more time trying to pander.
Just put it out there and let whoever can get it, get it.
I totally agree that anyone high risk should have preference, but when they start going oh we gotta get this group or that group done first because it’s not fair, I mean c’mon really.
It’s pandering and slows down the roll out with bureaucratic baloney.
Indeed....at the risk of getting some people mad at me, let me toss this out there.....whatever happened to the theory, survival of the fittest???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2021, 05:35 AM

20,116 posts, read 20,922,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Indeed....at the risk of getting some people mad at me, let me toss this out there.....whatever happened to the theory, survival of the fittest???
It’s racist and insensitive!

Old 02-26-2021, 06:30 AM

297 posts, read 197,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
As long as we can keep it at levels like a cold or flu who cares ....the vaccines have been proving to be about 100% effective against hospitalized cases and death ..J&J has even demonstrated that against the South African variant.

Lots of things are here forever but are reduced to being transparent to our lives because the effects have become minimal
son, whatever they gave you, you better stop now.

there is no spanish flu vaccine. a virus adpots over the course of the years and vaccines will end up killing you one day if you keep on taking them.

i think the root cause is people not liking the "Survival of the Fittest" theory. Those that are weak are giving every reason other than the fact that they are weak.

Hey, did you know I can do 20 push ups? Some people say that's great, but I say that's low and the best part of it is, mother nature will tell us and our opinions don't matter.

So good luck to everyone out there. Sooner or later what ends up killing is yourself.

Old 02-26-2021, 07:34 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,829,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
son, whatever they gave you, you better stop now.

there is no spanish flu vaccine. a virus adpots over the course of the years and vaccines will end up killing you one day if you keep on taking them.

i think the root cause is people not liking the "Survival of the Fittest" theory. Those that are weak are giving every reason other than the fact that they are weak.

Hey, did you know I can do 20 push ups? Some people say that's great, but I say that's low and the best part of it is, mother nature will tell us and our opinions don't matter.

So good luck to everyone out there. Sooner or later what ends up killing is yourself.
Wow, solid misunderstanding of Darwin's theory abounds. Your theory is more about the guy with no shoes being sad until he met the guy with no feet. To someone who can do 19 pushups you're a stud. To someone who can do 50 you're a chump. None of that has to do with Darwin's theory at all. We're all puny weak humans and a bear will eat you and crap out the "fittest" parts. Vaccinations are part of evolution, only in that we have big brains and use them to prolong our own survival. We're not "the fittest", we just invented penicillin. But I do agree, we mostly kill ourselves.

Old 02-26-2021, 08:52 AM

4,534 posts, read 8,349,761 times
They scheduled mine for February 31st. I can't seem to find it on the calendar.

Old 02-26-2021, 10:10 AM

20,116 posts, read 20,922,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
They scheduled mine for February 31st. I can't seem to find it on the calendar.
That’s the Chinese leap year. Ancient Chinese secret. That’s why it’s not on any calendar.
Looks like you’ve got a long wait.

Old 02-26-2021, 02:37 PM

76 posts, read 137,604 times
If you sit on the NYS website and click on the aqueduct link non-stop for an hour you will more than likely see appointments for within the next few weeks. Just keep clicking the link to check to see if it gives you an appointment time. If you get the page that says no appointments available, close that browser tab immediately and do it again, and again, and again, and again, over and over. And when you finally see a time and not the no appointments available page, don't take your time looking at the date or the time, immediately scroll down and accept it and click to secure the time. You have to be very fast to scroll down and click to accept the time. If it's not a good time you can always close the page before filling out the form which they give you several minutes to complete, but if you hesitate even for a second to look at the date/time you'll be SOL. Be patient and you'll get lucky. Click, exit, click, exit, click, exit... When they update the site with appointments, there are a lot of them at once. I've been able to secure times for many people doing that process over the last few weeks. Do it for a while and if it doesn't work, try back a few hours later. I've had a lot of success after 10pm. More often than not you'll see a time, try to click on it, and by the time you click through to accept the time, it's gone. But keep trying.

I've never seen an appointment time come up for Jones Beach or Javits in all the times I've tried getting appointments for people. Don't know why but only Aqueduct has worked for me, which is the closest to me anyway.

The whole thing is annoying and frustrating but the process does work. And if you have a date that you want to move up, you can sign up a second time for an earlier date but you have to cancel the later one within 48 hours or they'll cancel the later one for you automatically. They'll email you the day after you make the duplicate appointment and text you that you need to cancel it because I assume they batch process overnight and look for duplicate names / birthdays, is my guess. I had March 12th and yesterday I was able to move it up to tomorrow.

Old 02-26-2021, 03:02 PM
Status: " living in beautiful Charleston South Carolina" (set 1 day ago)

8,819 posts, read 21,299,824 times
I logged into Stop and Shop and got an appointment for the next day in the very
next town . I was there for maybe 5 minutes before I got the vaccine . And, they had
cookies !!!

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 02-26-2021, 03:15 PM

6,486 posts, read 3,178,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
It’s racist and insensitive!
Really.....why??

This is the United States, where we're all supposed to be treated equally........

Old 02-26-2021, 04:36 PM

297 posts, read 197,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Wow, solid misunderstanding of Darwin's theory abounds. Your theory is more about the guy with no shoes being sad until he met the guy with no feet. To someone who can do 19 pushups you're a stud. To someone who can do 50 you're a chump. None of that has to do with Darwin's theory at all. We're all puny weak humans and a bear will eat you and crap out the "fittest" parts. Vaccinations are part of evolution, only in that we have big brains and use them to prolong our own survival. We're not "the fittest", we just invented penicillin. But I do agree, we mostly kill ourselves.
If you need a drug to survive - not fit. If you take a drug for 3x lifespan, not fit either
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island