Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2021, 12:25 PM
exm

3,744 posts, read 1,804,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry87124 View Post
Stop already
Biden ran stating he would allow the illegals in and take care of them.
This is what happening
This is what the majority of US voters wanted

How do you know? Just because someone voted for Biden, that doesn't mean they agree with all his policies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 04:30 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,533,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
How do you know? Just because someone voted for Biden, that doesn't mean they agree with all his policies?
That’s like excusing voting for the Nazis because they had socialized healthcare. You rope it, you ride it.

Old 05-15-2021, 08:57 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,777,993 times
It's a nice day today. I'm sure all of you are either washing your own car, cutting and edging your own yard or replacing your own roof. Maybe cooking your own food. Idk. Apparently nobody on this forum is supporting illegals. I find that hard to believe. Some of my most staunch conservative neighbors rave about the illegal guy who did their driveway or roof. What a joke.

Old 05-15-2021, 06:24 PM

2,407 posts, read 3,204,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Not everyone hires illegals. I enjoy taking care of my own lawn, I don’t need a housekeeper. And the restaurant thing is ridiculous what are you supposed to do? Check everyone’s immigration status at a restaurant? Also news flash not everyone working as a busboy or in a restaurant is illegal either.
Never said "everyone" hires illegals, nor did I say everyone working in a restaurant is an illegal, but I've found the loudest people who are against illegals getting anything, don't mind having their services. Can't have it both ways.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:18 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
It's a nice day today. I'm sure all of you are either washing your own car, cutting and edging your own yard or replacing your own roof. Maybe cooking your own food. Idk. Apparently nobody on this forum is supporting illegals. I find that hard to believe. Some of my most staunch conservative neighbors rave about the illegal guy who did their driveway or roof. What a joke.
Think whatever you want, the fact is not all of us are as hypocritical as you fantasize.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Typical female argument style. Lose on facts, resort to emotions.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:23 PM
exm

3,744 posts, read 1,804,261 times
Quote:

They shouldn't be here to be begin with and certainly shouldn't be getting MY tax dollars for free.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:11 PM

Well then don't support the business or owners.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Well then don't support the business or owners.
It's not the responsibility of a consumer to check the immigration status of every damn person you hire or do business with. That's what the government is for - protecting borders, and enforcing the law, so that these people aren't here to begin with.

You know, that government you love so much and want to take care of everyone? How about they start with that?

Old 05-16-2021, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
It's not the responsibility of a consumer to check the immigration status of every damn person you hire or do business with. That's what the government is for - protecting borders, and enforcing the law, so that these people aren't here to begin with.

You know, that government you love so much and want to take care of everyone? How about they start with that?
The reason why they don't is because business owners would be up in arms. You know that. They lobby the gov in their own best interests. It's all a big joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island