Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2021, 07:42 PM

297 posts, read 133,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
The fact that they are illegally here should mean they are not entitled to anything at all. Nothing other than being incarcerated and deported, like every other country on earth would do.
Though I agree, it is the lesser of two evils. Would you prefer that they are left with absolutely nothing? There would be massive crime, theft, destruction of property and ect. If you have ever read Communist Manifesto - there is a reason you support the lower class.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense dude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2021, 08:07 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,336,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
The fact that they are illegally here should mean they are not entitled to anything at all. Nothing other than being incarcerated and deported, like every other country on earth would do.
I think we should let them all stay. They need to register, failure to register if caught is automatic deportation, no trial your gone. You have 7 years you don’t get arrested you become a citizen. If you are caught and did a crime we will multiply your sentence by 3 but not to exceed 15 years more than the original ruling. Once competed you will be deported. The USA gov federal, local, state, county, village all layers of of Gov will not support you. No free healthcare, want your kids to go to school, great you will pay tuition. If you manage and make it your an American citizen if not we ship you back to country of origin. Now if a church or charity wants to provide food and pay for your child’s tuition, that’s fine. As long as it’s not tax paying $$ donations from private and non profit are fine. This is a fare system, they get to stay and the American tax payer doesn’t have to support people that legally shouldn’t be here.

240m a month to support illegals crossing. That $$ could go a long way to stopping homelessness. The Gov could use land they own and buy 6000 tiny homes and house 75k-100k Americans with this $$ per year instead of border jumpers.

Old 04-11-2021, 09:01 PM

5,295 posts, read 4,780,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
The key word was experience. The Jew/Italians/Irish were not welcomed. Each group were seen as outcast at some point in that time, just like the illegals you are referring too. If you truly believed they were welcomed, then I hate to break it to you but, the history books you read are white washed.

The Five Points is an example. Infamous for all the wrong reasons that even Charles Dicken and Emily Dickenson had to visit to see whether it was true as deplorable as described, yet today the story is studied and the area has developed. The Jewish ghettos in Barcelona, and Prague are another example. Outcast put into a corner but now studied and visited.
Welcomed and legal are 2 different things. Whether Jews/Italians/Irish were “welcomed” or not by the native populace initially is irrelevant, they were welcomed by the government and had a legal right to immigrate, work and stay here. Very different situation. Illegals have no such rights by current law.

Last edited by peconic117; 04-11-2021 at 09:19 PM..

Old 04-11-2021, 09:45 PM

297 posts, read 133,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Welcomed and legal are 2 different things. Whether Jews/Italians/Irish were “welcomed” or not by the native populace initially is irrelevant, they were welcomed by the government and had a legal right to immigrate, work and stay here. Very different situation. Illegals have no such rights by current law.
Agreed, under current law but nonetheless it is still a formality. Laws change and evolve, and it is just a matter of time before they are granted an opportunity to become legal.

Your earlier reference on the 1924 exclusion highlights that, immigration policy in the US is self serving.

And honestly, if someone is illegal do/would you despise them less, the minute they become legal? Also, welcome is a choice word, it was more like met the criteria and allowed to stay.

Old 04-11-2021, 10:09 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,032,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
The fact remains that if this undocumented labor pool didn't exist, we would be paying through the nose when we eat out at restaurants, and when we have our lawns mowed, our children and elderly family members cared for, our homes remodeled and repaired, and our houses cleaned. But that's another issue.

What I wonder is whether this government help to the undocumented labor pool could be handled differently. My concern is that many undocumented workers work and send their paychecks home to their families in Central America. Will they be sending $15k home, instead of spending it on local businesses? Couldn't the government, instead of giving them a check, give them an account they can draw from when they present verifiable expenditures (rent, food, utilities, etc.) that total the money amount that they are granted?
So...what you're saying is that you are all for cheap, exploitable, illegal labor. That's despicable.

Illegal aliens are sending billions back to their own countries. That's money that doesn't get put back into our economy.

I, for one, will gladly pay more for American citizen/legal immigrant labor that is licensed and insured. You should check NY laws. In many states if someone working on your property gets injured and that person isn't licensed and insured, your homeowner's insurance won't pay for it. IOW, it comes out of your own pocket. Suddenly that cheap labor isn't cheap at all, is it?

Old 04-11-2021, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I think we should let them all stay. They need to register, failure to register if caught is automatic deportation, no trial your gone. You have 7 years you don’t get arrested you become a citizen. If you are caught and did a crime we will multiply your sentence by 3 but not to exceed 15 years more than the original ruling. Once competed you will be deported. The USA gov federal, local, state, county, village all layers of of Gov will not support you. No free healthcare, want your kids to go to school, great you will pay tuition. If you manage and make it your an American citizen if not we ship you back to country of origin. Now if a church or charity wants to provide food and pay for your child’s tuition, that’s fine. As long as it’s not tax paying $$ donations from private and non profit are fine. This is a fare system, they get to stay and the American tax payer doesn’t have to support people that legally shouldn’t be here.

240m a month to support illegals crossing. That $$ could go a long way to stopping homelessness. The Gov could use land they own and buy 6000 tiny homes and house 75k-100k Americans with this $$ per year instead of border jumpers.
What you propose is a slap in the face to legal immigrants. You know, the ones who obey our immigration laws and patiently await their turn to come here.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:10 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,336,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What you propose is a slap in the face to legal immigrants. You know, the ones who obey our immigration laws and patiently await their turn to come here.
I don't disagree, but there is no way the US gov is going to deport or stop the flow of illegal immigration. Some type of strict regulated system of the ones here has to be put in place. It's an absolute disgrace to the people who came here the rite way.

Old 04-11-2021, 11:35 PM

11,848 posts, read 8,055,347 times
There was a time I thought these were people coming here who were escaping oppressive governments, seeking shelter or a way to make a living and I supported their cause thinking we should be a supportive nation to those in need but more and more I'm beginning to see what is really happening and what they do when they arrive here, how they crippled the social system for legal American citizens in need and how they are no longer able to get help, and whats more perplexing is its starting to look like they are allowing this in order to get their votes, more votes means more power and means to stay in power. I'm pretty worried about the future of America... I think this marketed view of progression may not be what it seems and will have a swing that turns against us.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
I don't disagree, but there is no way the US gov is going to deport or stop the flow of illegal immigration. Some type of strict regulated system of the ones here has to be put in place. It's an absolute disgrace to the people who came here the rite way.
We tried amnesty back in 1986. Back then, the democrats promised that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (there have been several stealth amnesties since then); they also promised that the border would be secured (obviously that never happened); and illegal aliens would never be able to find work (that never happened either). What happened instead was more and more illegals sneaked into the country hoping that another big amnesty will happen.

What needs to happen is to make life so difficult for them that they will leave on their own accord.

Old 04-12-2021, 12:20 AM

93,562 posts, read 124,293,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
There was a time I thought these were people coming here who were escaping oppressive governments, seeking shelter or a way to make a living and I supported their cause thinking we should be a supportive nation to those in need but more and more I'm beginning to see what is really happening and what they do when they arrive here, how they crippled the social system for legal American citizens in need and how they are no longer able to get help, and whats more perplexing is its starting to look like they are allowing this in order to get their votes, more votes means more power and means to stay in power. I'm pretty worried about the future of America... I think this marketed view of progression may not be what it seems and will have a swing that turns against us.
Is this even true though? To be honest, what part do the companies that use said workers play a part in all of this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island