Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 09:02 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yeah ok the entire next wave of workers will all be “Latin” LOL. I guess no whites, blacks, Asians, Indians etc etc never have kids ever. Seriously. Get real.
Well, reality is it already is. All those others will be minority groups shortly if not already. Despite the yearning for white utopias like Texas and Arizona, I wonder if the northeast flatlanders really understand just how hispanic those states already are.

And the "illegals all vote dem" fantasy is complete bunk. It's the Texas latinos that put in repubs like GW Bush and Ted Cruz all the time. Abortion is their #1 issue above all others. They will not vote for a pro-choice candidate, ever, which is why even some Dems have to tow a pro-life line in some places.

So much misinformation on this topic its insane. Even after 50 years. We are a dead, long in the tooth, manufacturing wasteland. We are old, tired, fat, have a weak labor force and manufacture less than 10% of our essential needs. Illegals s/b the LEAST of our worries. But how else would we elect moronic liars preying on people's fears?!

"Duh, fear da rapey mexicans, and da china virus" but don't pay any attention to the crony capitalists and 2 party swamp hacks looting the country and sowing division for profit. That would take real thought and effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 09:08 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,891,080 times
This topic is so boring how do you guys do it? Every general contractor I know is on social media crying like so many on this forum but, spend more time with their “illegal “ workforce then they spend with their own kids. How can we get over the fact that their illegally here? Everyone does except when they are virtue signaling to score those political points!

93,402 posts, read 124,052,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I’m heavily concerned it may be true to say the least. It isn’t the companies that I’m concerned about but rather the politicians who advocate their cause of coming here. They bring is Asylum seekers who come from torn countries. We put them in shelters, feed them, let them work... sounds good right? Well, in providing for them we have taken away many resources that our very own people in need. They are siphoning resources away from U.S. citizens who are LAWFULLY here. Now U.S. citizens who need healthcare, who need shelter, who need child support, who need housing and who need financial resources have to compete with these people who are not lawfully here. They did not seek proper channels, they came here without respect to the nation and many of them also feel entitled to something that they do not lawfully have entitlement to. They aren’t just coming here to escape oppression either. Many of them have choices of other countries to flee to. They are coming here for economic reasons in which also takes jobs from Americans, although I will agree with one thing, the jobs they typically take are jobs most Americans will not do until last resort... ...however their advocates worry me more so because they are plainly marketing helping these people as if doing so is ‘Progressive’ and I feel largely the term ‘Progressive’ is being marketed into a term meant to steer crowds into believing in doing so we are doing the right thing. I think what we are really doing is giving corrupt political figures more power and more money. I think these politicians are using these people as a means to appease the votes of bleeding hearts and also, getting illegals into the voting system because they know they will vote for them. California specifically is pushing hard to allow illegals voting rights, which is heavily unfair to local citizens who pay California taxes.
Sadly, this country has always done that in regards to certain segments, if we look at our history.

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Well, reality is it already is. All those others will be minority groups shortly if not already. Despite the yearning for white utopias like Texas and Arizona, I wonder if the northeast flatlanders really understand just how hispanic those states already are.

And the "illegals all vote dem" fantasy is complete bunk. It's the Texas latinos that put in repubs like GW Bush and Ted Cruz all the time. Abortion is their #1 issue above all others. They will not vote for a pro-choice candidate, ever, which is why even some Dems have to tow a pro-life line in some places.

So much misinformation on this topic its insane. Even after 50 years. We are a dead, long in the tooth, manufacturing wasteland. We are old, tired, fat, have a weak labor force and manufacture less than 10% of our essential needs. Illegals s/b the LEAST of our worries. But how else would we elect moronic liars preying on people's fears?!
Gotta disagree with you here monster. Things are changing. Hispanics don’t even lead in immigrant birth rates anymore.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pew...e-u-s/%3famp=1

https://www.hispanicresearchcenter.o...ertility-rate/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tinos.amp.html

Even in 2066 Hispanics are only projected to account for 24% of the population (in reality will probably be less because their birth rates are starting to plummet too).

Also c’mon it’s beyond dispute that the vast majority of Hispanics vote dem (just look up any exit polling data from the last 2 elections). GOP typically gets in the low 30 percentiles that’s not even close to half .

Are their votes monolithic? Of course not.

Last edited by peconic117; 04-12-2021 at 09:22 AM..

Old 04-12-2021, 09:14 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,758,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
This topic is so boring how do you guys do it? Every general contractor I know is on social media crying like so many on this forum but, spend more time with their “illegal “ workforce then they spend with their own kids. How can we get over the fact that their illegally here? Everyone does except when they are virtue signaling to score those political points!
Too funny. Lol @ spend more time than with own kids.

They even picked up some Spanish.

That illegal workforce paid for their kids college.

Would you tell your own children to go pick fruit or stand in front of home depot????

Old 04-12-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Nope. Things are changing. Hispanics don’t even lead in immigrant birth rates anymore.

Even in 2066 Hispanics are only projected to account for 24% of the population (in reality will probably be less because their birth rates are starting to plummet too).
Anyone who has been in the US long enough understands that it's easier to have wealth if it's only split 3 or 4 ways. Resources. It's insane to have 5 or 6 kids even if you make a great salary.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:35 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:
Gotta disagree with you here monster. Things are changing. Hispanics don’t even lead in immigrant birth rates anymore.

Also c’mon it’s beyond dispute that the vast majority of Hispanics vote dem (just look up any exit polling data from the last 2 elections). GOP typically gets in the low 30 percentiles that’s not even close to half .

Are their votes monolithic? Of course not.
Not sure I get the point. The first link shows % of births as 50% latino, 24% asian, 16% white and 11% black. How does that refute my point(s)? Just because it dropped from 58% to 50%, latinos still way out in the lead.

Anyone not making $200k should vote Dem. Or better yet, Ross Perot.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:39 AM

The latin folks have big families.

They are not monolithic voters.

Last edited by AfriqueNY; 04-12-2021 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 04-12-2021, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Not sure I get the point. The first link shows % of births as 50% latino, 24% asian, 16% white and 11% black. How does that refute my point(s)? Just because it dropped from 58% to 50%, latinos still way out in the lead.

Anyone not making $200k should vote Dem. Or better yet, Ross Perot.
The first link is only immigrant births and the fact that that has declined nearly 10% is very surprising. The other immigrant groups combined now have a higher birthrate than Hispanics for the first time in decades. Non immigrant Hispanic births have declined far more more in line with the rest of the population. In fact the overall US birthrate is in decline again

Old 04-12-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
The latin folks have big families.

They are not monolithic voters.
No not monolithic, but solid majority democrat voters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island