Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2021, 04:43 AM

11,842 posts, read 8,040,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Is this even true though? To be honest, what part do the companies that use said workers play a part in all of this?
I’m heavily concerned it may be true to say the least. It isn’t the companies that I’m concerned about but rather the politicians who advocate their cause of coming here. They bring is Asylum seekers who come from torn countries. We put them in shelters, feed them, let them work... sounds good right? Well, in providing for them we have taken away many resources that our very own people in need. They are siphoning resources away from U.S. citizens who are LAWFULLY here. Now U.S. citizens who need healthcare, who need shelter, who need child support, who need housing and who need financial resources have to compete with these people who are not lawfully here. They did not seek proper channels, they came here without respect to the nation and many of them also feel entitled to something that they do not lawfully have entitlement to. They aren’t just coming here to escape oppression either. Many of them have choices of other countries to flee to. They are coming here for economic reasons in which also takes jobs from Americans, although I will agree with one thing, the jobs they typically take are jobs most Americans will not do until last resort... ...however their advocates worry me more so because they are plainly marketing helping these people as if doing so is ‘Progressive’ and I feel largely the term ‘Progressive’ is being marketed into a term meant to steer crowds into believing in doing so we are doing the right thing. I think what we are really doing is giving corrupt political figures more power and more money. I think these politicians are using these people as a means to appease the votes of bleeding hearts and also, getting illegals into the voting system because they know they will vote for them. California specifically is pushing hard to allow illegals voting rights, which is heavily unfair to local citizens who pay California taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2021, 05:32 AM

5,295 posts, read 4,777,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
We tried amnesty back in 1986. Back then, the democrats promised that it would be the one and only amnesty to ever happen (there have been several stealth amnesties since then); they also promised that the border would be secured (obviously that never happened); and illegal aliens would never be able to find work (that never happened either). What happened instead was more and more illegals sneaked into the country hoping that another big amnesty will happen.

What needs to happen is to make life so difficult for them that they will leave on their own accord.
Agreed. And that’s what current law is designed to do if it were properly enforced. Also path to citizenship should never ever be on the table. Citizenship shouldn’t be given away like candy.

Last edited by peconic117; 04-12-2021 at 06:08 AM..

Old 04-12-2021, 05:39 AM

690 posts, read 585,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I’m heavily concerned it may be true to say the least. It isn’t the companies that I’m concerned about but rather the politicians who advocate their cause of coming here. They bring is Asylum seekers who come from torn countries. We put them in shelters, feed them, let them work... sounds good right? Well, in providing for them we have taken away many resources that our very own people in need. They are siphoning resources away from U.S. citizens who are LAWFULLY here. Now U.S. citizens who need healthcare, who need shelter, who need child support, who need housing and who need financial resources have to compete with these people who are not lawfully here. They did not seek proper channels, they came here without respect to the nation and many of them also feel entitled to something that they do not lawfully have entitlement to. They aren’t just coming here to escape oppression either. Many of them have choices of other countries to flee to. They are coming here for economic reasons in which also takes jobs from Americans, although I will agree with one thing, the jobs they typically take are jobs most Americans will not do until last resort... ...however their advocates worry me more so because they are plainly marketing helping these people as if doing so is ‘Progressive’ and I feel largely the term ‘Progressive’ is being marketed into a term meant to steer crowds into believing in doing so we are doing the right thing. I think what we are really doing is giving corrupt political figures more power and more money. I think these politicians are using these people as a means to appease the votes of bleeding hearts and also, getting illegals into the voting system because they know they will vote for them. California specifically is pushing hard to allow illegals voting rights, which is heavily unfair to local citizens who pay California taxes.
Very well said. NY is also pushing the illegal vote, don't forget, last year illegals were able to obtain licenses in NY state. No questions asked. To register to vote in NY, all one needs is a NY state DMV number, or even better, to check that they don't have that or a SS number. They can still register!! Not sure when people will wake up, but I believe it's already too late.

https://www.elections.ny.gov/NYSBOE/...g-fillable.pdf

Old 04-12-2021, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Agreed, under current law but nonetheless it is still a formality. Laws change and evolve, and it is just a matter of time before they are granted an opportunity to become legal.

Your earlier reference on the 1924 exclusion highlights that, immigration policy in the US is self serving.

And honestly, if someone is illegal do/would you despise them less, the minute they become legal? Also, welcome is a choice word, it was more like met the criteria and allowed to stay.
Glad you think our national sovereignty is just a cheap formality. Maybe we should ignore burglary laws too, I mean most burglers don’t get caught, so what’s the point? Laws change and evolve right? You could literally say that about any law so why have laws at all?

It’s not a matter of time in fact right now their chances of a mass amnesty (partially because extreme polarization on the subject in congress) have plummeted due to Biden’s self inflicted border crisis. Pelosi hadn’t even brought Biden’s bill to the floor because they don’t even have close to the votes needed on the dem side and both the dreamer and farm worker bill will be filibustered. Only amnesty that may have a chance in the foreseeable future is some sort of dreamer bill and that will surely have to come with some sort of enforcement compromise in exchange.

Last edited by peconic117; 04-12-2021 at 06:01 AM..

Old 04-12-2021, 08:39 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,828,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
/\ /\ I think the woke crew has rejected the ‘illegal immigrant’ descriptor in favor of the ‘undocumented worker’ label.
Fixed it for you:

I think the 'UNITED STATES' has rejected the ‘illegal immigrant’ descriptor in favor of the ‘undocumented worker’ label.

Lemme know when the first US employer gets dinged for hiring illegals. Getting the popcorn on for that. We need labor and aren't making babies. Enjoy reality. The one where we condone and encourage illegal labor and immigration (for 50 years) vs the political football where LIers cry wahhhh, illegals, then decide which cheaper landscape crew to hire. Classic.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:49 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,761,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yeah so will my kids, and my neighbor’s kids and the legal immigrants kids who actually have a right to be here. What’s your point? And no not all of their kids will go on to be successful Mensa candidates and go on to Harvard (another media driven myth) poverty tends to beget poverty and many will be just like their parents.
Believe that if you want to. I'm sure that's what you want to happen but it won't. The next wave of workers will be latin.

Old 04-12-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Believe that if you want to. I'm sure that's what you want to happen but it won't. The next wave of workers will be latin.
Yeah ok the entire next wave of workers will all be “Latin” LOL. I guess no whites, blacks, Asians, Indians etc etc never have kids ever. Seriously. Get real.

Also news flash for you: Hispanic birthrates are plummeting too even amongst immigrants

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tinos.amp.html

Last edited by peconic117; 04-12-2021 at 09:00 AM..

Old 04-12-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Fixed it for you:

I think the 'UNITED STATES' has rejected the ‘illegal immigrant’ descriptor in favor of the ‘undocumented worker’ label.

Lemme know when the first US employer gets dinged for hiring illegals. Getting the popcorn on for that. We need labor and aren't making babies. Enjoy reality. The one where we condone and encourage illegal labor and immigration (for 50 years) vs the political football where LIers cry wahhhh, illegals, then decide which cheaper landscape crew to hire. Classic.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tions.amp.html

Believe it or not they do get prosecuted occasionally but it’s RARE. More often they get fined, but most companies just pay it (the fines aren’t huge) and move on.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Fixed it for you:

That made me laugh. But spot on. We enjoy the cheap hard working labor but don't want them living with us and their children competing for jobs with our children. The work they do is deemed "beneath" us middle class "real Americans". We are fine with that. When their American born child now competes with your child it's "pearl.clutching".

I also can't wait for the day the business owners are perp walked on news 12 for hiring illegal undocumented workers.

I'm waiting for the person on here to agree to pay 40k for a roof. Or 50 bucks for a package of chicken. 20 bucks for head of lettuce. Get real...... I'm not going on a roof or picking fruits and veggies for anything less than 40 an hour. It's hot and buggy out there ...... And I can't play with my phone. Matter of fact my garbage men don't even speak english....... Hmmmmm. Seems like even waste management guys from the old country have gotten in on it.

Old 04-12-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yeah ok the entire next wave of workers will all be “Latin” LOL. I guess no whites, blacks, Asians, Indians etc etc never have kids ever. Seriously. Get real.

Also news flash for you: Hispanic birthrates are plummeting too even amongst immigrants

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nyt...tinos.amp.html
They soon will be the majority. That's just how it is. I see the next wave of young nurses and mechanics and electricians. Plumbers, union tradesman. The latin folks are playing to win. You may not like it but take a look around. Who is buying the houses?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island