Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2021, 07:41 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,752,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
As for rest of your post, Tony Soprano said it best..... When these old neighborhods were majority Italian, Irish, Polish, etc.. they may have been lower middle class or even poor, but people gave an eff. Properties were kept up, kids did well in school, etc...

Fast forward to when Whites/Europeans fled, these areas became heck holes. You see this all over NYC, LI, New Jersey, Westchester, Chicago, etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7YzBE5zAo
No matter what it always goes back to "i am superior and you are inferior". Got it. Nevermind socioeconomics. Well. Your point was made. Here is my point.

If you don't want "pristine" Long Island to be overrun by "inferior" demographic then arrest ANY business owner or person who hires illegals. Period. Democrat or Republican. If they hire an illegal call the cops and have them arrested. That should be the LAW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2021, 08:07 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
No matter what it always goes back to "i am superior and you are inferior". Got it. Nevermind socioeconomics. Well. Your point was made. Here is my point.
Is that the ( superior ) young boy who was arrested for murder , in that clip ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-04-2021, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Who was arrested for murder? The actor? It was larceny. He mugged somebody on the upper east side.

Old 12-04-2021, 10:24 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Lol no as Afrique said it was a larceny charge back in 2001 (drug addict) didn’t even get jail time.

Old 12-04-2021, 12:21 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,520 times
It's cute when LI compares itself to Newark to make a point about crime. I'd say if that was apt you already lost the war. But we know it's just a silly analogy and a parody of totally true white flight history. Soon enough we might have Newark crime, with LI taxes! #winning

Old 12-04-2021, 01:34 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,234,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
It's cute when LI compares itself to Newark to make a point about crime. I'd say if that was apt you already lost the war. But we know it's just a silly analogy and a parody of totally true white flight history. Soon enough we might have Newark crime, with LI taxes! #winning
I once got a flat tire in Newark after midnight back in the eighties. I remember there was a Rheingold warehouse or brewery where I got stuck. In my pickup truck, had to get the spare out from under the bed.
It was probably the scariest hour of my life.
No way is anywhere on Long Island similar to Newark.

Old 12-04-2021, 01:52 PM

8,814 posts, read 21,273,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol no as Afrique said it was a larceny charge back in 2001 (drug addict) didn’t even get jail time.

Is this a different person ( I never watched the show ) :

Former Sopranos actor Lillo Brancato Jr. was charged with second-degree murder and held without bail on Thursday in New York’s Jacobi Medical Center, where he is being treated for two gunshot wounds inflicted by the police officer he and another man are accused of killing last Saturday.

The 29-year-old Brancato (who played would-be mobster Matt Bevilacqua on several episodes of the HBO series in 2000, and also appeared in 1995’s A Bronx Tale with Robert De Niro) was arraigned along with Steven Armento, who is in the hospital with six gunshot wounds and was charged with first-degree murder.

Neither man spoke or entered a plea at the hearing in the hospital conference room, the Associated Press reports. Both are scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 9.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 12-04-2021, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
I once got a flat tire in Newark after midnight back in the eighties. I remember there was a Rheingold warehouse or brewery where I got stuck. In my pickup truck, had to get the spare out from under the bed.
It was probably the scariest hour of my life.
No way is anywhere on Long Island similar to Newark.
I second that. I once got lost on foot in Newark in the late 90s . Now THAT was scary.

There are two places on the island i look over my shoulder. That's north Bellport and south William Floyd parkway area.

Old 12-04-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:

Former Sopranos actor Lillo Brancato Jr. was charged with second-degree murder and held without bail on Thursday in New York’s Jacobi Medical Center, where he is being treated for two gunshot wounds inflicted by the police officer he and another man are accused of killing last Saturday.

The 29-year-old Brancato (who played would-be mobster Matt Bevilacqua on several episodes of the HBO series in 2000, and also appeared in 1995’s A Bronx Tale with Robert De Niro) was arraigned along with Steven Armento, who is in the hospital with six gunshot wounds and was charged with first-degree murder.

Neither man spoke or entered a plea at the hearing in the hospital conference room, the Associated Press reports. Both are scheduled to appear in court on Jan. 9.

Yeah. That's the guy from A BronxTale. He had a short run on the Sopranos. Guy was a bad dude in real life.

Old 12-05-2021, 07:35 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:

Ahh yes I remember now the Bronx tale kid. Yeah he actually was found not guilty of murder but guilty of armed robbery. Got paroled years ago I read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island