Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 04:16 PM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times

Advertisements

In a move that would only make sense to a MSNBC viewer or a NYT reader, Joe Biden (yes, that Joe Biden) is coming to NY to campaign with Hochul. I guess that unfortunate fella from Pennsylvania (Fetterman) is unavailable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 05:34 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
In a move that would only make sense to a MSNBC viewer or a NYT reader, Joe Biden (yes, that Joe Biden) is coming to NY to campaign with Hochul. I guess that unfortunate fella from Pennsylvania (Fetterman) is unavailable.
Wow. Pulling out Uncle Joe for the Hail Mary.
She must be really nervous.
But is bringing that dunce around really a good move?

Old 10-27-2022, 05:50 PM

1,466 posts, read 760,356 times
^schumer worried about Georgia also. I love getting new clips of biden wandering around on stage shaking hands with the air. I’m all for more appearances for him !

Harris was jumping up and down over a school bus after coming out of hiding. Great entertainment

Old 10-27-2022, 05:50 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
I'm part of a top tier university medical school- the AMA is a joke.
You still haven't answered the question, what medical organization supports Zeldin's opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Which is a TINY fraction of doctors overall. Try Again. There are plenty of medical doctors that share zeldin's opinion. Left wing medical "associations" notwithstanding. LOL you even had an actual doctor on the board say the AMA is a joke (which it is and why its membership is so pathetic).
Do you have the percentage, maybe you can name a few expert universities that back him up.

How about Harvard and several other medical schools.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...e-202203142704

Old 10-27-2022, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
It just might have something to do with the Micron factory in central NY and the thousands of jobs it will create.

Quote:
Syracuse, N.Y. -- Gov. Kathy Hochul early this morning provided more details about the investments in education, child care and community groups that government officials say are coming along with Micron Technology investments in Clay.

The details come as President Joe Biden is headed to Onondaga Community College today to talk about Micron’s investment in Central New York and the thousands of jobs it will create.

Already, Micron and government officials have said they would pool resources to create a $500 million community fund that would help the computer chip fabricator build its workforce of up to 9,000 in Central New York.
https://www.syracuse.com/news/2022/1...-syracuse.html

Republicans really need to come up with some substantive solutions rather than whining if they want to win elections.

Old 10-27-2022, 06:58 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You still haven't answered the question, what medical organization supports Zeldin's opinion.

Do you have the percentage, maybe you can name a few expert universities that back him up.

How about Harvard and several other medical schools.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...e-202203142704
Lol you gonna name Berkeley next? Harvard is to the left of Lenin. Are you kidding me? I can care less what their opinion is.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:51 AM

5,057 posts, read 3,957,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol you gonna name Berkeley next? Harvard is to the left of Lenin. Are you kidding me? I can care less what their opinion is.
When folks live in the small MSNBC/NYT universe they cite the oddest things. And are genuinely shocked to hear the truth. (Some are still reeling over what they saw from Mr Fetterman on TV the other night. Both in style and substance.)

Old 10-28-2022, 07:25 AM

1,466 posts, read 760,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It just might have something to do with the Micron factory in central NY and the thousands of jobs it will create.

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2022/1...-syracuse.html

Republicans really need to come up with some substantive solutions rather than whining if they want to win elections.
You know these jobs cost tax payers 4 times more in tax breaks to this company than Amazon would have. Why are these tax breaks ok at such an absurd cost compared to Amazon ?

Also the jobs they just secured were tens of thousands less than Amazon.

Maybe they really want to keep people poor in queens especially in nycha right across the street where they were begging for these jobs to come with Amazon. Sad.

Old 10-28-2022, 12:19 PM
exm exm started this thread

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Let's also not forget that she didn't commit to mandating the Covid vaccines for school children. I don't think anyone has any ideas what an uproar that would cause.

We need to vote all Dems out this cycle. Even if you're against the GOP/Trump, please think twice before voting down the D party line. Between crime, inflation, energy costs, our schools, our children's health: there's too much at stake.

I made a typo:

Let's also not forget that she didn't commit to not mandating the Covid vaccines for school children.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
You know these jobs cost tax payers 4 times more in tax breaks to this company than Amazon would have. Why are these tax breaks ok at such an absurd cost compared to Amazon ?

Also the jobs they just secured were tens of thousands less than Amazon.

Maybe they really want to keep people poor in queens especially in nycha right across the street where they were begging for these jobs to come with Amazon. Sad.
These are high tech jobs with an average salary of $100K that will help move manufacturing of semiconductors back here away from China. It will help us eliminate supply line shortages which cost automakers and other manufacturers millions.

High tech jobs to help upstate NY compared to a warehouse in Queens with mostly minimum wage jobs, this is a great success story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island