Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2023, 08:16 AM

297 posts, read 133,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Its flambé not flambay first of all. A lighter uses butane.. a gas.... oh my.. that should be outlawed too.

Naan is cooked on the side of the oven... Never flat..

"Naan is a traditional Indian flatbread that is baked inside a "tandoor" oven. In fact, it's often stuck to the inside of the oven on the sides, which then creates air pockets and bakes them to fluffy perfection."
Great, so you agree with me it can be done without a gas stove. Cause that what you were talking about. Again, kids can figure this out, a match works too - not the end of the world.

Also, naan can be cooked in anything with high heat. Indians praise cows, why? Because their poop allowed for their whole lifestyle of building huts and the tandoor oven. It is what they had, not by choice but default.

If you were a CIA chef and didn't have a tandoor oven, how would you make it? Wood, bread or pizza oven or something that holds heat really freaking well. Or you can search google and they would tell you to use a pizza oven...lol Naan only in a tandoor, that funny. Next thing you are going to tell me is ONLY Indians can make naan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2023, 09:06 AM

3,520 posts, read 5,701,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Great, so you agree with me it can be done without a gas stove. Cause that what you were talking about. Again, kids can figure this out, a match works too - not the end of the world.

Also, naan can be cooked in anything with high heat. Indians praise cows, why? Because their poop allowed for their whole lifestyle of building huts and the tandoor oven. It is what they had, not by choice but default.

If you were a CIA chef and didn't have a tandoor oven, how would you make it? Wood, bread or pizza oven or something that holds heat really freaking well. Or you can search google and they would tell you to use a pizza oven...lol Naan only in a tandoor, that funny. Next thing you are going to tell me is ONLY Indians can make naan.
Where did i agree it can be done without a gas stove? I said you could use a lighter, but thats gas anyways.

whats the cost of electricity for a pizza oven? much more efficicent using gas or even wood.

This whole point is the government needs to stop regulating every piece of our lives.... NY really is becoming the Democratic Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan.

Old 01-25-2023, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uggggs View Post
Stick lighter, not that hard - use your brain, think outside the box. A kid could figure that out.
Kids arent trying to control every aspect of people's lives..... Cruella, Brandon and company are.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:12 AM

6,435 posts, read 3,140,260 times
Quote:
........This whole point is the government needs to stop regulating every piece of our lives.... NY really is becoming the Democratic Peoples Republic of New Yorkistan.
Bingo!!

Old 01-26-2023, 01:22 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,158,192 times
Quote:
Kids arent trying to control every aspect of people's lives..... Cruella, Brandon and company are.
It would blow your mind how many want that. It’s a scary thing!

Old 01-26-2023, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Scary, indeed!!!

Old 01-26-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
And they are willing to let them do it too... The founders are turning in the graves

Old 01-27-2023, 06:04 AM

Quote:
And they are willing to let them do it too... The founders are turning in the graves
I agree.

I can't fathom how the general public is so willing to let their critical decisions be made by someone else.

Old 01-27-2023, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I agree.

I can't fathom how the general public is so willing to let their critical decisions be made by someone else.
People are so willing to be governed..... as opposed to controlling the government

Old 01-28-2023, 10:29 AM

983 posts, read 724,976 times
https://www.pv-magazine.com/2023/01/...ge-in-history/

"Solar and wind are being installed at a rate that is three times faster than all other new electricity sources combined. This offers compelling market-based evidence that PV and wind are now the most competitive and practical methods for deploying new generating capacity."

"Australia is demonstrating that the rapid deployment of solar and wind is compatible with affordable electricity prices and a stable electricity grid."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island