Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 AM

1,056 posts, read 2,140,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGuy View Post
She's clearly lying to try to impress you. Who cares? She's not over you and obviously still cares what you think. You should tell her you still think about her and then get her to send you raunchy photos. Then show them to me. Get on it.

lol....its on her facebook page. she is trying to impress everyone that doesnt know her quite well. I kind of had doubts about her "success" after she blogged about "having baby mama drama with her baby daddy's ex". she has 4 kids now and i believe there are 3 fathers involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 12:42 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,169,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
question about "Syracuse". is it that bad? My ex lives there and she is making like it is paradise. whats funny is that she posts pictures of her so called "house" and from what I hear, nothing like that is possible. she then takes pictures of other parts of her property and it doesnt match with the initial photo.
You wanna see some real scary WT, check out the surrounds of Syracuse.

I have family near Syracuse eager to get back home.

Theres a reason you can buy a new 450k house for 150k...the land is worthless, they measure the snow in feet from Oct-May,the taxes are high and there are no jobs....other than that its the deal of a lifetime.
Ryan Homes - Harbour Heights - Baldwinsville, NY

Crooks

Old 10-18-2009, 12:57 PM

93,240 posts, read 123,876,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
Its nicer than most of Syracuse.

Better schools and lower taxes (seriously)

Crooks
How would you know? Also, you are comparing apples and oranges by doing that?

Old 10-18-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KENNY GUIDO View Post
ok, she says this is her home in syracuse.

do homes like this exist there?

now, this is her "hummer" in front of her house. the stree is a mere few feet from her doorstep, as opposed the the photo above where the street is at least 30 feet away.

now, this is her backyard, which doest match her home in the first photo. there a fence here but in the first photo, there is no fence whatsoever. then to boot, the style of home isnt the same. in the rear, its a split level and the main isnt.
Yes, where does she live in the area? It looks like a suburb. Probably the Northern suburbs. By the way, we even have "old rich" city neighborhoods that rival any of the suburban areas. Seriously, look up neighborhoods like Strathmore, Sedgwick Farm, Scottholm and we have others like Bradford Heights and parts of neighborhoods like South Valley and Eastwood with some very nice areas too. There are others as well.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Exactly right.

People on this board really dont know what a slum (or the country) looks like.

Our poor have dental for Christ sakes.

The "poor" in Mastic are far wealthier than most of upstate NY.

Absurd.

Crooks
Again, where in Upstate are you talking about?

Old 10-18-2009, 01:06 PM

20,037 posts, read 20,839,727 times
Mastic/Shirley isn't *too* bad. I have quite a few pool customers in the area, inground pools mind you, not the Walmart specials. 2 of my customers are cops. While I do notice some shady characters and goings-on, I don't fear for my life while working in the area. We built 2 new pools this season in Mastic, so if it's such a crap place to live then why would someone invest 25 or 30K on a pool? In fact, most of the neighborhoods I work in are very well kept with nice homes and manicured landscaping etc...the school district on the other hand is a different story...

Old 10-18-2009, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Again, where in Upstate are you talking about?

Take your pick.

Ill say this, not Saratoga or Skaneateles.

Ill be happy to debate the income levels of SE NY vs NW NY with you on another thead.

Crooks

Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Mastic/Shirley isn't *too* bad. I have quite a few pool customers in the area, inground pools mind you, not the Walmart specials. 2 of my customers are cops. While I do notice some shady characters and goings-on, I don't fear for my life while working in the area. We built 2 new pools this season in Mastic, so if it's such a crap place to live then why would someone invest 25 or 30K on a pool? In fact, most of the neighborhoods I work in are very well kept with nice homes and manicured landscaping etc...the school district on the other hand is a different story...

Spot on.

Crooks

Old 10-18-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
You wanna see some real scary WT, check out the surrounds of Syracuse.

I have family near Syracuse eager to get back home.

Theres a reason you can buy a new 450k house for 150k...the land is worthless, they measure the snow in feet from Oct-May,the taxes are high and there are no jobs....other than that its the deal of a lifetime.
Ryan Homes - Harbour Heights - Baldwinsville, NY

Crooks
Please don't exaggerate. First of all, Baldwinsville is way out there, but still has some very nice areas. If they were smart, they should have gone with places like Onondaga Hill, Fayetteville, Manlius, Cicero, Clay, Camillus or Westvale, among others.

Also, there are jobs, it just depends on what your skill set is.

Lastly, the cost of living is going to vary due to many factors like population and so on. Taxes aren't as bad as people are telling you too. It's all a matter of perspective.

Old 10-18-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Take your pick.

Ill say this, not Saratoga or Skaneateles.

Ill be happy to debate it with you on another thead.

Crooks
Or Ithaca, Fayetteville, Manlius, New Hartford, Colonie, Guilderland, Williamsville, Pittsford, Brighton, DeWitt, Vestal, Corning, Niskayuna, etc......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island