Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 01:08 AM

1 posts, read 4,979 times

Advertisements

Im currently living down the block from where the girl was killed. Not out of choice obviously, but out of necessity. Its a *&%#hole man. I grew up in shirley, and not for nothing it was a far better spot than where i am staying now. It sucks because you DO have people that obviously have pride and take care of there homes. And for every one of them you have two on either side stuck there by some %#@*ing SLUMLORD who does not even live in the area and could give a crap less. They never wind up living there too long, the house falls into abandonment, goes up for sale. Then before you know it the same element moves right back in. Between the curruption, sex offenders and safe houses i dont know if this area can ever pull itself out. A lot of people have/are trying, but i dont know man......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2010, 01:33 PM

149 posts, read 345,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGuy View Post
This whole reply is laugh-worthy. You're arguing semantics. The area, quite bluntly, is a ****hole. The whole area could burn to the ground and no one would even notice for weeks, much less care. The area is one of the roughest in the county, and to answer your question, yes, I do know people who live there, and they want out. One young lady told me "I hate living in the hood." YOU brought race into this conversation. It has nothing to do with black or white.
wow "suffolk guy" you seem like a very mad person. You are very quick to put down an area. I happen to live in Mastic and I like it !! My house was built 7 years ago and surrounded by all new homes. Have you seen the "new" montauk highway? sidewalks? stores? do your homework b4 you open your mouth and be so negative. Have a nice day

Old 05-06-2010, 02:18 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcba View Post
wow "suffolk guy" you seem like a very mad person. You are very quick to put down an area. I happen to live in Mastic and I like it !! My house was built 7 years ago and surrounded by all new homes. Have you seen the "new" montauk highway? sidewalks? stores? do your homework b4 you open your mouth and be so negative. Have a nice day

I agree..I was there last Saturday, its looking pretty damn good.

If you can clean up the Schools, the res and Neighbrhood rd you got a diamond in the rough.

Keep up the good work

Crooks

Old 05-07-2010, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookhaven View Post
I agree..I was there last Saturday, its looking pretty damn good.

If you can clean up the Schools, the res and Neighbrhood rd you got a diamond in the rough.

Keep up the good work

Crooks
Hi Crooks....I just get so mad when people put down places they dont even know, just hear say !!! Lets face it, this area DOES have a bad rep but it has come a long way !!! There is a new middle school that is real nice ! Pacca - bad rep ! We have lioved here for 7 years and NO problems !!! We have out grown our house and have our house on the market...possibly coming your way RP, miller place, shoreham, wading river or mt sinai..... have a great day

Old 05-07-2010, 10:23 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Hi Crooks....I just get so mad when people put down places they dont even know, just hear say !!! Lets face it, this area DOES have a bad rep but it has come a long way !!! There is a new middle school that is real nice ! Pacca - bad rep ! We have lioved here for 7 years and NO problems !!! We have out grown our house and have our house on the market...possibly coming your way RP, miller place, shoreham, wading river or mt sinai..... have a great day

Devils advocate: If you like the area, why move out and not upgrade there?

Old 05-07-2010, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Devils advocate: If you like the area, why move out and not upgrade there?
My family is on the N. Shore and they do not drive. It is my turn to help them out.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:05 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
My family is on the N. Shore and they do not drive. It is my turn to help them out.
Good luck with the move and welcome to the neighborhood! I hope all goes well with your family.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBeeHave View Post
Good luck with the move and welcome to the neighborhood! I hope all goes well with your family.
Thanks !!! There are just so many houses for sale !!! I live on MLS and here on citi-data for advise - all of you are really helpful people

Old 05-07-2010, 12:04 PM

752 posts, read 1,462,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGuy View Post
Because they're garbage infested, crime ridden slums.
I really resent that...obviously you have never been here. I just had a week vacation so I decided that I would do a lot of mountain biking around my area to really check it out.
In the last 5 days I have ridden to smiths point where it is absolutely beautiful.
I rode to William Floyd estates, also beautiful...
rode all around Mastic Beach, probably down every little road within a 5 mile radius of my house and didnt see any garbage, any more crime than you would have in any other neighborhood (a little graffiti etc)

It's definitely not a slum.
I had reservations about moving here in the first place because of the obvious reputation, thankfully carried on the shoulders of people like yourself.
I grew up in Huntington bay and then when I went out on my own lived in Northport village.
Northport was probably the nicest place I ever lived to be honest, Everyone was friendly, nice village...close to a parkway...boating etc.
I loved it there but couldn't afford a house.
If you want to know the truth I would take Mastic Beach over Huntington or Huntington station any day of the week
Huntington bay was nice but there were more drugs there than anywhere else I had ever lived before.
dont bother telling me that its not true either
I helped the Huntington Bay Police in conjunction with SCPD to uncover the largest drug ring in suffolk county at the time lead by Ray Keisen who worked out of a house on Flower Hill road in Huntington bay and had dealers all over huntington including Bay Hills.
The house on Flower Hill road was in his parents name because he wasnt claiming taxes.
125 person brawl at panch villa in huntington village on cinco de mayo
1 person stabbed
they are asking town hall employees to move town hall to the elementary school and move the school to town hall because of gang activity

People can say what they want about my area
its nicer and safer here than it is in a lot of places I used to think highly of
the people in Bay Hills loved huntington bay...even though it was crime and drug infested, they covered it up like it was Jimmy Hoffas body.
People will do anything to believe that they're area is the best.
blind I tell you.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM

7,658 posts, read 19,171,986 times
Quote:

Good luck.

We love it up here in Rocky Point.
Check out Sound Beach and Ridge too.

SWR is a nice area but has some challenges with the schools/taxes right now so just a heads up.

Feel free to DM me .

Best

Crooks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island