Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 05:42 PM

10,078 posts, read 15,847,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girbaud King View Post
Active Gangs in the Hollywood section of the City of Los Angeles.

1. Clanton 14th Street (3rd Hood)
  2. Eighteen Street (HGS)
  3. La Mirada Locos (LML)
  4. Mara Salvatrucha (MS)
  5. Rebels
  6. The Magician Club (TMC)
  7. Tree Park Criminals
  8. Virginia Street (VST)
  9. White Fence (WF)
  10. Varrio Sur
9 active Hispanic gangs

Courtesy of Streetgangs.com
Only ones I've ever noticed are MS and 18th street.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2013, 06:19 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
The problem is that a large part of Hollywood is in the process of becoming unaffordable for thousands of multi-decade residents as the explosion in new and very pricey developments forces rental rates to go up.

They're killing and/or really tightening the screws on many local merchants, and the absurd ban on street oarking nightly between 6PM-2AM for the benefit of local restaurants and bars at the expense of everybody else is indefensibly stupid.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:50 PM

193 posts, read 465,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girbaud King View Post
Active Gangs in the Hollywood section of the City of Los Angeles.

1. Clanton 14th Street (3rd Hood)
  2. Eighteen Street (HGS)
  3. La Mirada Locos (LML)
  4. Mara Salvatrucha (MS)
  5. Rebels
  6. The Magician Club (TMC)
  7. Tree Park Criminals
  8. Virginia Street (VST)
  9. White Fence (WF)
  10. Varrio Sur
9 active Hispanic gangs

Courtesy of Streetgangs.com
I think its more important to see the actual influence of gang activity on everyday life for the others who live there

Old 07-24-2013, 08:21 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,995,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The problem is that a large part of Hollywood is in the process of becoming unaffordable for thousands of multi-decade residents as the explosion in new and very pricey developments forces rental rates to go up.

They're killing and/or really tightening the screws on many local merchants, and the absurd ban on street oarking nightly between 6PM-2AM for the benefit of local restaurants and bars at the expense of everybody else is indefensibly stupid.
Where do the neighborhood residents park then? That doesn't seem to be a good recipe to get more people to live there unless all of the new developments come with their own parking? Too many dammed people now trying to live in the same congested areas.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:40 PM

733 posts, read 939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
I used to take the bus through, I've noticed La Mirada

Old 07-24-2013, 11:05 PM

199 posts, read 400,377 times
Too many people passing through, be it tourists or homeless. Add to that a bunch of gangbangers and it's not a great environment to live in.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:15 PM

52 posts, read 75,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchitup View Post
Some of the gangs in Hollywood are really low key, as in they don't want to be noticed; which is how a lot of Asian gangs operate. I'm not an expert, but some of the Hollywood gangs seem to be more low key because LAPD is tougher on gang banging nonsense in the general Hollywood area, opposed to other areas of LA where "anything goes" with gang activity. Just my observation.... Anyway, I love all of Hollywood: East, West, North....

Old 07-24-2013, 11:26 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,448,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post

This could be happening but rents are rising all over I'm sure . This is why being a renter for the long term isn't a good idea . I wonder how many renters are kicking themselves especially if they have been renting since the 90s .

Also there are new developments but still a ton of older buildings .. And rent control means they can't raise the price too much each year .

I could see this being a bigger problem in cities without rent control.

Rent control is also one of the reasons Hollywood and other areas aren't filled with a lot of newer high end developments . The city makes it difficult to tear down an existing building and rebuild it as condos or high end apartments .

LA is a lot better for renters than most places in the USA as far as renters rights .

Also the crazy parking restrictions have gotten a bit ridiculous .
I can't see that one could argue they are good for business .

Old 07-25-2013, 12:15 AM

1,714 posts, read 3,850,992 times
The Magician Club?

Sounds like fun!

Old 07-25-2013, 01:09 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,593,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genjy View Post
The Magician Club?

Sounds like fun!
Small East Hollywood gang. Most of those gangs on that list are in East Hollywood. Clanton's an old Pico-Union varrio that's lost a lot of its territory. It's original neighborhood was taken over by 18th Street (who formed because Clanton wouldn't let immigrants in and messed with immigrants). It's Hollywood turf was taken over by MS-13. I think they're mostly in East LA and the Valley now. Rebels used to be based on McCadden south of Sunset, they're now Vegas based.

That page didn't mention AP...

Last edited by majoun; 07-25-2013 at 01:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles