Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:21 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,475,684 times

Advertisements

What $1,850 Rents You in Los Angeles Right Now - Curbed Comparisons - Curbed LA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Rapper Tyga Keeps Not Paying for Expensive Calabasas Rentals - Semi-Celebrity Real Estate - Curbed LA

Some pay a lot more in rent in L.A too...but some of them don't pay...or at least on time ...

Old 07-30-2015, 10:39 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,895,423 times
Recently remodeled home inside and out ! - 3BR in Long Beach for 1800
UPPER UNIT-15040 Parthenia St: 2BR/2BA POOL, A/C, Laundry on premises! - 2BR in North Hills (Parthenia St) for $1389

My point - the further from Beverly Hills, the cheaper the price. Yes, 2K will get you 1BR in BH, but one cannot call it cheap

Old 07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
jm1982, do you ever go to your local In-N-Out? The one in NoHo is so old-school with the walk-up thing. No interior to eat in. I was a bit surprised by that one actually. One time I walked from the NoHo station to In-N-Out and that section feels a little scary.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
jm1982, do you ever go to your local In-N-Out? The one in NoHo is so old-school with the walk-up thing. No interior to eat in. I was a bit surprised by that one actually. One time I walked from the NoHo station to In-N-Out and that section feels a little scary.
Yeah I do go to that one sometimes..the one in NoHo on Lankershim...but I go more to the one on Roscoe in Panorama City. I was last there on Friday.
The Panorama City one is closer to me...it's also old school like that with no interior to eat.
That part of Panorama City isn't too bad maybe because there is Kaiser there and it's kept up more or something. There are are some older run down strip malls that have been torn down/remodelled so while it's not really great stuff ...at least those are less sad to look at.
They really need to do something about that vacant Montgomery Wards thats been sitting for decades..It's a huge eyesore for the area.

Yeah NoHo arts is trendy and pretty kept up for the most part...but once you start going a bit north it gets kind of sketchy.
I have a feeling that the part north of NoHo arts (on Lankershim ) will change in the future...once it becomes harder to find retail space right in NoHo arts.. Right now there are quite a few antique type shops there. I never really realized how many there were until I actually walked around there ..I had driven through there countless times. I really notice a ton more when walking.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:41 AM

3,368 posts, read 2,895,423 times
Quote:
I didn't like their taste. Culver's (in WI) is so much better fastfood place than any other.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
You call $2000 for 1BR cheap??? I was renting 3BR house with 2 extra rooms (1 used as guest room or office, 1 was more like exercise room and storage) for $2100, or a 3BR apartment in a gated community for $1800 before that.
As I said, $2000 is for upscale condos in central locations similar to Beverly Hills/Santa Monica in LA. "A gated community'' usually is located in the suburbs with nothing within walking distance, such as restaurants, bars, shops etc. We don't have many gated communities in Toronto I suppose because it is mostly safe in the city. I would hate to live in a gated community (which probably means good in most American cities?) because it feels weird (why do I need a gate?) Can you tell me the location of your 3 bedroom for $1800? It might not even be in Los Angeles.

In downtown, within walking distance to the financial district, a one bedroom is usually $1200-1800 depending on the size and building. Keep in mind downtown here means the most desirable place (think westside LA). I know DTLA has changed a lot because it is still far from the most desirable place to live. A friend of mine rents a one bedroom for $1300 just outside downtown (10 minutes subway), and another $1200 for a studio in downtown. My building about 5 minutes to city hall and the tall bank buildings, rents for $1500-1600 (one bedroom, 600-650sf) and $2200-2400 for two bedrooms/two bath (900sf). I don't think LA is that cheap.

Of course in the east or south side you find cheaper rents, just like in Toronto you can have plenty of one bedrooms for around $1000 or less relatively far away from downtown. I even found $700 jr onebedrooms in older buildings in downtown about 5/6 years ago in downtown, but I guess the rent has gone up since.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 AM
PDF PDF started this thread

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrabbit View Post
I didn't like their taste. Culver's (in WI) is so much better fastfood place than any other.
Watch out! People on here get riled up at the slightest mention of In-N-Out negativity. I prefer Shake Shack myself.

Old 07-30-2015, 11:52 AM

431 posts, read 450,097 times
It's hard to describe what I miss about LA. It's a cemented over disaster and a pain in the neck in most ways but I really liked being there. I wish I had never moved out. "Hotel California" is now true in reverse, once you leave, you can never move back. (due to the cost)

Old 07-30-2015, 12:08 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Watch out! People on here get riled up at the slightest mention of In-N-Out negativity. I prefer Shake Shack myself.
I maintain my position that even Wendy's is better than In-N-Out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles