Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 06:02 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,166,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juventas View Post
Did you read where I stated that I would be moving out once I finish school?
I also read where you wouldn't be moving out unless it was to L.A., how do we reconcile that?
Quote:
What would stop them from coming to my apartment or house?
Normal human boundaries. The same ones that presumably would not stop them from leaving once they've visited.
Quote:
Yes I do understand what adr3naline is saying but I don't want to move out only to move somewhere else in Michigan. When I do move I want to move to LA hence the reason why I travel to LA. I like going there spending time with my friends gives me a relief.
And, again, you fail to appreciate the fact that L.A. isn't an easy place to which to move, especially without prior experience of living on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2016, 06:04 PM

Quote:
I'll have to live at home for at least another year until I finish the Dental Assistant program before I can move out. But I don't see why I couldn't still visit and go to school there is someone that I like visiting in LA.

You can visit if that's where you want to spend your money. What we have been trying to get through to you is that this money is best spent elsewhere, like getting your own place and preparing yourself for independence. (BTW, if you want to know why people are calling you naive, this is a good start.)

Old 08-15-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Once I become a Dental Assistant I would be able to afford renting a room in LA for $500.00 to $800.00. I wouldn't mind having a roommate being as though I'm a people person.
Given today's prices and the direction of L.A.'s real estate market (and how much a typical DA makes), I really hate to think what kind of place you'll be able to afford for $500-800 a year or more from now. Plus, what makes you think you'll be able to get a job in L.A. right away?

Old 08-15-2016, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with me getting a trade? A lot of people do this.
Absolutely nothing. Nobody said there was. That's about the only thing you're doing right at this point, as far as this thread is concerned.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:11 PM

Aside: does anyone else think OP's parents may actually have a point about not letting her out on her own? Not that it isn't their fault, of course, but given how clueless she's shown herself to be, maybe they're on to something...

Old 08-15-2016, 06:14 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Given today's prices and the direction of L.A.'s real estate market (and how much a typical DA makes), I really hate to think what kind of place you'll be able to afford for $500-800 a year or more from now. Plus, what makes you think you'll be able to get a job in L.A. right away?
That's exactly what I'm saying. I actually went straight from my parents house to living on my own for first time (in LA), but that was many years ago and even as a young adult I wasn't this naive. $800 is on the low end for renting a room. I posted a link and there were few legit ads. Rent is getting more expensive year by year. And the OP will not want a super long commute.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:16 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,429,591 times
Quote:
Aside: does anyone else think OP's parents may actually have a point about not letting her out on her own? Not that it isn't their fault, of course, but given how clueless she's shown herself to be, maybe they're on to something...
Could be. I'm not being hard on the OP for no reason....she just doesn't have a plan at all. Shouting things like "It's a credit account!" and "I'll be a dental assistant" does not strike confidence. She is also not going to be moving to LA with a job.

Old 08-15-2016, 06:21 PM

4,010 posts, read 3,755,620 times
Move out. Tell your parents they should have had more kids and then they wouldnt worry about you as much

Old 08-15-2016, 06:30 PM

643 posts, read 507,122 times
I'm not clueless and I could see why at first they may have been worried about me traveling alone. But seeing as though I have traveled on my own and returned safely they shouldn't be so worried anymore.
Quote:

Old 08-15-2016, 06:36 PM

643 posts, read 507,122 times
How many times have I said that I'm not just going to up and move to LA without having a plan? I'm not crazy I know I can't live in LA without having a job. I know living in LA will be A LOT different than living in Michigan. You just assume I'll do this for whatever reason even though I've said over and over and over again that I would not just up and move to a different state. Nobody would do something like that without giving it a lot of thought and having a plan. You act as if I'm saying things that are set in stone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Could be. I'm not being hard on the OP for no reason....she just doesn't have a plan at all. Shouting things like "It's a credit account!" and "I'll be a dental assistant" does not strike confidence. She is also not going to be moving to LA with a job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles