Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 02:27 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
But don't you see how damaging property in the name of an armed gunman thug makes the cause lose credibility ?

It's like the people that knew OJ was guilty but rooted for him to " get back " at injustices . 0
People knew he murdered two people but were celebrating that he "beat" the system ..

Pretty sick ..
Maybe it's because Black people were sick of getting the short end of the stick. Also the size of the glove and Mark Furhman's racist comments didn't help at all.

You know what's REALLY sick? Being able to own slaves, beat them, rape them, give them no rights, whip them, think of them as 3/5 of a human being, etc., people showing up to lynches with their children and picnic food like it was a Sunday outing, Emmett Till's murderers admitting to their crimes, and STILL managing to get off scot-free, the cop who shot and killed Leonard Deadwyler for speeding to get his wife to the hospital because she was in labor, and managed to get off scot-free, the cops who beat Rodney King to a pulp and received no jail time... Shall I go on?

White people were able to beat the system for decades. Black people get one taste of it, and it's sick? Please, FOH. I only wish I were old enough at the time to join in for the jubilation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 02:47 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
So you are perfectly fine with murderers getting away with murder ... granted they are black?

Old 10-05-2016, 03:04 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,795,985 times
Quote:
So you are perfectly fine with murderers getting away with murder ... granted they are black?

You missed everything, didn't you?

Old 10-05-2016, 03:05 PM

508 posts, read 504,586 times
Quote:
NOBODY IS SAYING THAT.

Do you think there is a problem with police brutality? Do not flip that around. Cause I already know the next rhetorical question that your going to type. The main problem is that there are people who will and will never admit there was ever a problem in the first place.

Let's take this situation out of it. It has happened, but let's just say for the sake of argument that this shooting never happened.

Will you admit there has been a problem with Police Brutality? If the answer is no. Then we as a people will never solve this problem. If your answer is, "well black people should stop doing xyz", then ok well why do white people commit suicide at greater percentages than any other race except Native Americans? Is it because white people hate themselves? Why do White people value their own lives less than other races? Why do white people have such low self esteem? That is basically the equivalent of what some people are doing here. I personally hate that analogy, but asking questions that never get to a real answer just deflects from the real issue at hand.

If I asked that terrible question about white people I just posed, I could just keep digging in and digging in. Yet, I would at least try to listen to you why white people commit more suicides than any other race besides native Americans in the USA. I wouldn't just keep saying, "because they lack self esteem" and "They Hate themselves" that gets us nowhere. There is obviously an underlying issue going on.

Ahhhhhhh....Good ol' USA. Were we have already made our conclusions and we never listen.

If you can't get why your arguments are not helpful and my analogy is not helpful. Then we are F****** as a country.

Last edited by afropack-man; 10-05-2016 at 03:26 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 03:17 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,645,499 times
Quote:
That's not what Raven said and you know it.

BTW, a white guy was tasered to death yesterday in Burbank. Just like the black guy in Pasadena on Friday.

There is an issue in this country with police brutality, time to wake up.

The police have gotten very militarized in this country over the last few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afropack-man View Post
NOBODY IS SAYING THAT.

Do you think there is a problem with police brutality? Do not flip that around. Cause I already know the next rhetorical question that your going to type. The main problem is that there are people who will and will never admit there was ever a problem in the first place.

Let's take this situation out of it. It has happened, but let's just say for the sake of argument that this shooting never happened.

Will you admit there has been a problem with Police Brutality? If the answer is no. Then we as a people will never solve this problem. If your answer is, "well black people should stop doing xyz", then ok well why do white people commit suicide at greater percentages than any other race except Native Americans? Is it because white people hate themselves? Why do white people have such low self esteem? That is basically the equivalent of what some people are doing. I personally hate that analogy, but asking questions that never get to a real answer just deflects from the real issue at hand.

If I asked that terrible question about white people I just posed, I could just keep digging in and digging in. Yet, I would at least try to listen you why white people commit more suicides than any other race besides native Americans in the USA. I wouldn't just keep saying, "because they lack self esteem" and "They Hate themselves" that gets us nowhere. There is obviously an underlying issue going on.

Ahhhhhhh....Good ol' USA. Were we have already made our conclusions and we never listen.

If you can't get why your arguments are not helpful and my analogy is not helpful. Then we are F****** as a country.
Yes, there is. But you have to be paying attention to see it.

It's easier for some to ignore it and just think well that person must have deserved what they got.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
That's not what Raven said and you know it.

BTW, a white guy was tasered to death yesterday in Burbank. Just like the black guy in Pasadena on Friday.

There is an issue in this country with police brutality, time to wake up.

The police have gotten very militarized in this country over the last few years.

Yes, there is. But you have to be paying attention to see it.

It's easier for some to ignore it and just think well that person must have deserved what they got.
There was a 6 year old white kid shot by police last weekend I heard nothing from the All Lives Matter Crowd. They don't care about police brutality or All Lives mattering. They just care that BLM sit down and shut up.

Hey, concerned citizens! Police in this country are out of control! Let's stop deflecting the issue.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:27 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
NOBODY IS SAYING THAT.

Will you admit there has been a problem with Police Brutality? If the answer is no. Then we as a people will never solve this problem. If your answer is, "well black people should stop doing xyz", then ok well why do white people commit suicide at greater percentages than any other race except Native Americans? Is it because white people hate themselves? Why don't White people value their own lives less than other races? Why do white people have such low self esteem? That is basically the equivalent of what some people are doing here. I personally hate that analogy, but asking questions that never get to a real answer just deflects from the real issue at hand.

If I asked that terrible question about white people I just posed, I could just keep digging in and digging in. Yet, I would at least try to listen to you why white people commit more suicides than any other race besides native Americans in the USA. I wouldn't just keep saying, "because they lack self esteem" and "They Hate themselves" that gets us nowhere. There is obviously an underlying issue going on.

There's always going to be injustice with the police because they have more power than ordinary citizens. It's like this everywhere around the world. However, as a multi-cultural country, there is scrutiny by the police when they find people of a certain color commits most of the crime. So it's easy for cops to assume judge & jury on people they often associate with criminal behavior.

There's a deep correlation that's indisputable why cops shoot the black guy before they determine guilt. Because for every black guy they shot, they've arrested dozens that are resisting, lying to them, or shooting back.

This is a vicious cycle, now you can't fight violence with violence, it leads to escalation. If you determine the best way to not get shot by the police is to strike back then you will be dead wrong. They will always have the upper hand in courts and sympathy amongst majority of the people.

Now if blacks are no longer the top race committing crime you'll see perception change right away and the police pick on a different race.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:28 PM

93 posts, read 95,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream1 View Post
Lil Carnell had a water pistol and din stole no car! Also, he was practicing for track and field, not running from da cops as a wanted suspect! He dindu nuffin!
Woah there, you're just way too edgy for me man! Wow u know so much about politics and are such an informed person! Oh my god your impersonation of black people is so original and on point! Man I wish I could be so hip , politically informed and edgy like you!!!!
Wow the best part is just the incredibly creative spelling here, heh you guys get it? Din! Like the blacks say it! Dindu nuffin! Haha like the black people say!!!!! Hahahaha! Carnell THATS A BLACK NAME GET IT GUYS?!?!?! EBONICS?!?!!! So damn edgy keep triggering these liberals man!!!!

Last edited by ThaBigHomieGucci; 10-05-2016 at 03:37 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 03:33 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,715,012 times
Quote:
There was a 6 year old white kid shot by police last week and I heard nothing from the All Lives Matter Crowd. They don't care about police brutality or All Lives mattering. They just care that BLM sit down and shut up.

Hey, concerned citizens! Police in this country are out of control! Let's stop deflecting the issue.
Law abiding citizens will go through the system which will resolve this matter, no need for a lives matter civil disobedient parade. You don't solve problems that way you go through the system as this is a nation of law.

Old 10-05-2016, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Law abiding citizens will go through the system which will resolve this matter, no need for a lives matter civil disobedient parade. You don't solve problems that way you go through the system as this is a nation of law.
Those officers will get paid leave. Then it'll go to a grand jury and they'll be back on the force. If you just think it'll "resolve" itself through the judicial system then you are being incredibly naive.

Plus how the hell are you gonna say:

Quote:
you don't solve problems that way you go through the system as this is a nation of law
Then have the gall to say this in your previous post:

Quote:
So it's easy for cops to assume judge & jury on people they often associate with criminal behavior.
You just contradicted yourself in two post. HAHA! Apparently cops are the judge, jury, and the executioner. Yet, you want people to go through the system? What?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles