Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2018, 12:06 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
They should at least arrest the ones actually causing a disturbance or nuisance by breaking the laws. The a-hole that rides around city hall on a bike screaming at people and raising his arm in the nazi salute is a good start, even if you have to re arrest him every day.

Bratton and Giuliani cleaned up New York by targeting quality of life crimes. Bratton did it here in LA. Time for Garcetti to stop being such a ***** boy and let the LAPD do what they are capable of.
I don't think they're capable of that anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 12:54 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,945,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG72 View Post
He has hit people before and he impedes traffic. Lock him up every time he does it, even if it’s just for the night.
Battery (242 PC) is a misdemeanor. Cite and release. As I've said in previous posts, he won't be locked up because there is no room at the inn (county jail).

Old 01-01-2018, 04:28 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Battery (242 PC) is a misdemeanor. Cite and release. As I've said in previous posts, he won't be locked up because there is no room at the inn (county jail).
But why is it that a homeless person can park their tent on a sidewalk and that's apparently okay, but if I park my car in an area where parking is not permitted, it will be ticketed and removed?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:08 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
But why is it that a homeless person can park their tent on a sidewalk and that's apparently okay, but if I park my car in an area where parking is not permitted, it will be ticketed and removed?
You're less likely to shoot back?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:23 AM

1,607 posts, read 1,945,301 times
Quote:
That's because Eric Garcetti allows it to happen. He's the mayor - ask him.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:07 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Unless it's on the sidewalk between 6am and 9pm it's legal in LA, if you don't believe me look it up

Old 01-01-2018, 10:36 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,145,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Which is itself a cause of having a high-crime environment but failing to allocate sufficient county resources to the problem. The most important function of government is law enforcement.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Which is itself a cause of having a high-crime environment but failing to allocate sufficient county resources to the problem. The most important function of government is law enforcement.
There are finite limits to how many cops a jurisdiction can afford and how many jail expansions the public is willing to pay for. And it's real hard to solve societal problems like homelessness by arresting people, providing them with a place to sleep usually works better.

The only thing I see as a short term solution for LA is tent cities with an armed guard at the entrance with a metal detector to avoid having people bring in guns or knives. Once they are inside let them do what they want, provide them with porta potties and fresh drinking water and that's it. Or, you can leave them on the sidewalk and whine about it.

Old 01-01-2018, 11:01 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Cops are not giving out tickets, arresting homeless swinging weapons at people, don't even bother calling them if your a shop owner that's going out of business due to shop lifters. Your bike is stolen or anything else from your house? Your SOL. Cops are worthless in Ca we're on our own here. But oh yea we're not allowed to open carry. And if we actually caught a thief and beat them up the cops would actually do some work and arrest us! It's disgusting what's happening here

Old 01-01-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Cops are not giving out tickets, arresting homeless swinging weapons at people, don't even bother calling them if your a shop owner that's going out of business due to shop lifters. Your bike is stolen or anything else from your house? Your SOL. Cops are worthless in Ca we're on our own here. But oh yea we're not allowed to open carry. And if we actually caught a thief and beat them up the cops would actually do some work and arrest us! It's disgusting what's happening here
I don't know of any city, county or state that devotes resources to investigating shoplifting or bicycle thefts, if you live in such a place you should probably stay there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles